+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Weird Update

D_chsn1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2021
Great that you found this out.

BUT and apologies for this: it's a new system and they're changing things and we don't really know what these messages mean (as you put, they're not necessarily related to what was done). So I'm not clear what the use of worrying about it or spending any time on it.

Or most simply: not clear to me how much use or if reliable conclusions can be drawn from these messages.

So far - hopefully they'll update and make it more transparent, and the functionality just isn't there yet.
No need to apologize for anything, I would have probably said the same thing lol. Like you said the agent told me they don't know why they update with messages not related to the updates did on the system and they have been getting a lot more calls about these ghost updates.

Hopefully the new tracker gets fixed soon and this may lead to less phone wait times.

Reactions: armoured

vv12026

Aug 31, 2021
Finally called IRCC and they said it's not a bug and the update was just issued because my criminality check has been completed. They update stuff like this with different messages not related to the work that was done on the application.
Thank you for sharing

Andi757

Mar 3, 2022
Hi guys,
In my sponsor tracking system shows the following update, "We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you." while we have not sent any document to them after the submission. Could it be an error or it could be a sign that the principal applicant passed the background check?
I (PA) have already passed the eligibility, medical and biometric.
Thanks

xiiiw

Jan 20, 2022
Finally called IRCC and they said it's not a bug and the update was just issued because my criminality check has been completed. They update stuff like this with different messages not related to the work that was done on the application.
Thanks for sharing this info! I used to think it was a bug as well, but now I know it meant something! It's really delightful to see those updates even though we don't know what's really going on underneath. It eased the anxiety a lot!

Reactions: KJH85

xiiiw

Jan 20, 2022
Hi guys,
In my sponsor tracking system shows the following update, "We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you." while we have not sent any document to them after the submission. Could it be an error or it could be a sign that the principal applicant passed the background check?
Thanks
I got this message on Feb 10, and later I received pre-arrival letter on Feb 22. But I'm not sure whether it's a sign of update or not cuz many people have received this message and not all of them got updates later.

Kavyasa

Feb 27, 2023
Did IRCC ask for additional documents? Don't bother too much about the dates then. I have multiple entries saying we have received your inquiryon dates I never called IRCC. Also there's no representative on file who might have initiated the inquiries.
Hey, even i can see this message we have received your inquiry but i called that day. Is it bad to call them? I dint enquire anything big just asked where is my file.

umangrdoshi

Dec 26, 2022
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi guys,
Thanks
Mine is exact same state. Eligibility is passed and Background says not started. Saw this update on 27th Feb with posted date of 24th.

But no updates since then.

I hope this means criminality passed. But then it should not be taking so much time after that. Fingers crossed.

dimplesimple

Star Member
Mar 22, 2023
Mine is exact same state. Eligibility is passed and Background says not started. Saw this update on 27th Feb with posted date of 24th.

I hope this means criminality passed. But then it should not be taking so much time after that. Fingers crossed.
Did you receive any update or got portal emails/ ppr’s yet? I also received this update on 6th march and no update after that and background still says not started, Jan 16th AOR.

umangrdoshi

Dec 26, 2022
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Did you receive any update or got portal emails/ ppr’s yet? I also received this update on 6th march and no update after that and background still says not started, Jan 16th AOR.
I got an update on 23rd March asking for re-medical.

Andre_3000

Apr 1, 2023

Please how did you know eligibility is passed?

I saw this using Application Status Tracker with completed status in "green" [Biometrics - Completed, Medical Exam - Completed, Eligibility - Completed, background Verification - Not Started].

Then I saw two updates (15th AND 20th March 2023.) "We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you."