+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Weird Update

D_chsn1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2021
I have a sponsorship application in processing right now. I signed into the new tracker and it was updated today (Feb 24 2022) with this new message ("We received the information you sent us. We’ll review it and let you know if we need any other information from you.") and was given a random date (Feb 14 2022). But I haven't sent any information other than my last update saying I passed medical on Jan 30 2022. Can anyone explain what this means? Thank you.

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
Did IRCC ask for additional documents? Don't bother too much about the dates then. I have multiple entries saying we have received your inquiry on dates I never called IRCC. Also there's no representative on file who might have initiated the inquiries.

D_chsn1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2021
Did IRCC ask for additional documents? Don't bother too much about the dates then. I have multiple entries saying we have received your inquiry on dates I never called IRCC.
They haven't asked for anything yet, yeah hopefully its a mistake and they update with an actual update in the near future.

arajoba

Nov 6, 2019
They haven't asked for anything yet, yeah hopefully its a mistake and they update with an actual update in the near future.
I called them twice for explanation and got answer saying your application is in process outside Canada and due to security reasons we are unable to track anything. (Out of two, only one of the call date show's up on the tracker :D)

xiiiw

Jan 20, 2022
Btw, everytime I log into the new tracker, it shows "updated" on the current date. I think it's a bug in their system.

D_chsn1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2021
I still have this update with no new news yet, I've been trying to call IRCC everyday with no response.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I still have this update with no new news yet, I've been trying to call IRCC everyday with no response.
Since you think it's a bug, why are you botherwing with this? Everyone seems to be getting these updates that dont' mean anything.

Answer is, it probalby doens't mean anything.

D_chsn1

Star Member
Mar 5, 2021
Since you think it's a bug, why are you botherwing with this? Everyone seems to be getting these updates that dont' mean anything.

Answer is, it probalby doens't mean anything.
Finally called IRCC and they said it's not a bug and the update was just issued because my criminality check has been completed. They update stuff like this with different messages not related to the work that was done on the application.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Finally called IRCC and they said it's not a bug and the update was just issued because my criminality check has been completed. They update stuff like this with different messages not related to the work that was done on the application.
Great that you found this out.

BUT and apologies for this: it's a new system and they're changing things and we don't really know what these messages mean (as you put, they're not necessarily related to what was done). So I'm not clear what the use of worrying about it or spending any time on it.

Or most simply: not clear to me how much use or if reliable conclusions can be drawn from these messages.

So far - hopefully they'll update and make it more transparent, and the functionality just isn't there yet.