+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Weird situation for Vistor extension approval decision? Do I need to reapply?

irochka832

Oct 26, 2018
Ontario
Category........
FSW
IRCC will ask you for a medical if they determine it's necessary on an extension application. It's not in the package.
Thanks a lot, it is a big relief for me.

It seems to me from what i read in multiple posts that it is most certainly they will require medical if she was in Canada for more than 6 months. Is it true?

So far it has been two months since i sent an application and except the signature on Canada post website i have no any other that my application has been received. Its so stressful ...

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi guys,

I have a question .My mother-in-law visited us in April 2017 and left to home country on october 2017. then again she came back on january 2018 after a gap of 4 months and shes staying with us till now. we applied for her extension in jun 2018 and got letter for medicals.

She did medicals and dr found some problem in xray ,she did it again according to panel doctor. now my question is
1. what are the chances of her extension.
2. If denied how much time is given
3. with regards to time periods is she considered living
4. if she leave how much time she needs to stay back home before returning to canada
5. If panel doctor doesnt submit report on time what happens to extensions

Any one would help
You MIL must have received another extension already if she arrived in January 2019 unless they are only getting to the June applications. She is spending much more time in Canada than in her home country so she should remain in India for at least 6 months. Is she only on a TRV? Why did you not apply for supervisa? If they do find something on her medical check she will have to return home to receive treatment.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
You MIL must have received another extension already if she arrived in January 2019 unless they are only getting to the June applications. She is spending much more time in Canada than in her home country so she should remain in India for at least 6 months. Is she only on a TRV? Why did you not apply for supervisa? If they do find something on her medical check she will have to return home to receive treatment.
I m waiting for her extension . she's in implied status now. yes as you said shes almost more than a year here with a small gap of 3 months. She had a 10 yr multi entry visa. I dont want to take super visa. It seems they found some problem in her health. Thats what panel physician told it seems. In that case would she be rejected and denied entry in future

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I m waiting for her extension . she's in implied status now. yes as you said shes almost more than a year here with a small gap of 3 months. She had a 10 yr multi entry visa. I dont want to take super visa. It seems they found some problem in her health. Thats what panel physician told it seems. In that case would she be rejected and denied entry in future
Medical exams are often required as part of an extension.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
yes its done and found problem does it affect in future
If you don't get denied for a TRV, you likely won't get denied for a supervisa. You are taking a very large risk that you will have to repay a large hospital bill if your family member ends up in hospital. Yes at a certain point she will be denied for medical reason especially if she doesn't have insurance. It is not only a financial risk for you but also to the Canadian taxpayer.

ramkris

Apr 17, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-Aug-2013
File Transfer...
13-Sep-2013
Med's Done....
1-Aug-2013
Passport Req..
26-Sep-2013
VISA ISSUED...
19-Apr-2014
LANDED..........
soon
If you don't get denied for a TRV, you likely won't get denied for a supervisa. You are taking a very large risk that you will have to repay a large hospital bill if your family member ends up in hospital. Yes at a certain point she will be denied for medical reason especially if she doesn't have insurance. It is not only a financial risk for you but also to the Canadian taxpayer.
When i check online about her application it says that she passed medicals but when i see panel physicians site if they submitted report or not . it says report not submitted I was confused about this. whats meant by medicals passed that shes not having any problems.