+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

weird reasons for visa rejection

S0007

Jun 18, 2023
Hi Team,

I applied Visitor Visa for my parents on 18 August,2021 on old portal.

Application refused on 4 February ,2023

I am on PR. My Parents showed around 42Lac(INR) = CAD$71320 funds. My Mother is a house wife and father retired govt employee. I have one younger brother who is currently working in India.

File rejected with below reasons:-

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

I ordered GCMS Notes .Below are the notes :-

I have reviewed the application.
I am not satisfied that the PA would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident, I note that:
Taking the PA's purpose of visit into account, the documentation provided in support of the PA's financial situation does not demonstrate that the PA is sufficiently established that the proposed visit would be a reasonable expense.
The purpose of visit does not appear reasonable given the PA's socio-economic situation and therefore I am not satisfied that the PA would leave Canada at the end of the period of authorized stay.
Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the PA will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.
For the reasons above, I have refused this application.

I am thinking to apply again .Please advise me how to proceed on this.

dontetauli

Jun 15, 2023
the solution is simple, first you apply alone and leave your wife back home then later your wife should apply alone and leave you at home.

did you show any property docs on either your wife or your name?

parents are not ties. your wife and your daughter are your family
Yes we showed the property docs on both of us names

ashmaitsingh

Star Member
Apr 13, 2023
Hi Team,

I applied Visitor Visa for my parents on 18 August,2021 on old portal.

Application refused on 4 February ,2023

I am on PR. My Parents showed around 42Lac(INR) = CAD$71320 funds. My Mother is a house wife and father retired govt employee. I have one younger brother who is currently working in India.

File rejected with below reasons:-

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as required by
paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR (https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/regulations/SOR-2002-227/
section-179.html). I am refusing your application because you have not established that you will
leave Canada, based on the following factors:
• The purpose of your visit to Canada is not consistent with a temporary stay given the
details you have provided in your application.
• Your assets and financial situation are insufficient to support the stated purpose of travel
for yourself (and any accompanying family member(s), if applicable).

I ordered GCMS Notes .Below are the notes :-

I have reviewed the application.
I am not satisfied that the PA would leave Canada at the end of their stay as a temporary resident, I note that:
Taking the PA's purpose of visit into account, the documentation provided in support of the PA's financial situation does not demonstrate that the PA is sufficiently established that the proposed visit would be a reasonable expense.
The purpose of visit does not appear reasonable given the PA's socio-economic situation and therefore I am not satisfied that the PA would leave Canada at the end of the period of authorized stay.
Weighing the factors in this application. I am not satisfied that the PA will depart Canada at the end of the period authorized for their stay.
For the reasons above, I have refused this application.

I am thinking to apply again .Please advise me how to proceed on this.
how long did you apply for their visa? i mean what wass duration of stay? and this entire funds of 42 lakhs were liquid funds or includes property etc. also?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I applied on october 2022, i had 5 visas to canada before and on june 2022 i went there for 3 weeks visiting my brother who is a canadian citizen, the reasons where that insufficient funds and reason of visit that there is not enough proof that i will leave canada.

the weird thing is that 4 months before submitting my application i was in canada so if as they mentioned i will not leave canada, i could have stayed there in june!

second about funds when i submitted my application they did not ask for any document about bank statement or other proof of funds. so i didn't get their reasons.
anyone who can help? or have faced the same issue?
Given that the situation in Lebanon has gotten much worse since you last applied for a TRV your risk of remaining in Canada will be substantially higher. If you were trying to stay in Canada you should have remained last time you entered. Hard to say whether you will be issued another TRV. It is very hard to get one if you are of working age from Lebanon.

BOB89

Star Member
Nov 1, 2022
Given that the situation in Lebanon has gotten much worse since you last applied for a TRV your risk of remaining in Canada will be substantially higher. If you were trying to stay in Canada you should have remained last time you entered. Hard to say whether you will be issued another TRV. It is very hard to get one if you are of working age from Lebanon.
exactly that's my point last summer the situation in lebanon was bad as well and i visited canada and i left back to my country so if i wanted to stay there i could have stayed last summer, also two people i know they have never been to canada , and almost my age applied same date as mine and they have no close relations with ones in canada, both got their PPR !!

BOB89

Star Member
Nov 1, 2022
are you from lebanon?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
exactly that's my point last summer the situation in lebanon was bad as well and i visited canada and i left back to my country so if i wanted to stay there i could have stayed last summer, also two people i know they have never been to canada , and almost my age applied same date as mine and they have no close relations with ones in canada, both got their PPR !!
I have seen many get denied for TRVs from Lebanon so you aren’t the only one by far. Many assumed they could easily get another TRV if they had a travel history of returning. Just because you returned last time doesn't guarantee that your would leave the next time especially as the situation gets worse in Lebanon.