+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

weird landing experience

mermer

Jun 6, 2014
Hello all,
I just landed Canada last month by land from USA. During the landing, i haven't been asked to fill out the "permenant resident card appliction" form. and no one asked me to provide any photos. They only checked the CORP and passport and told me my pr card will arrive in 8 weeks.
Today, i checked the online ECAS status, it only shows "You entered Canada at the Windsor Ambassador Bridge office on December 30, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident." nothing else,

I found on the internet, some people can see "We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 15, 2012.
We started processing your application on November 21, 2012. " in their system.
So, my question is, was anyone landed recently asked to fill out the "permenant resident card appliction" form at the port of entry??? and what was your ecas staus look like??
Thank you!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Your landing experience was normal.

There is no permanent resident application to fill out when you land.

You only have to fill out a permanent resident application when you are applying to renew your PR card.

oscartan

Feb 4, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
Yes
LANDED..........
Yes
scylla said:
Your landing experience was normal.

There is no permanent resident application to fill out when you land.

You only have to fill out a permanent resident application when you are applying to renew your PR card.
That's good to note. I also thought that you would be required to fill many forms when you land!

Kumar2k1

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NO
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-09-2014
Med's Done....
18-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2015
LANDED..........
06-03-2015
Hi Friends,

If we do not fill out PR application upon landing, where would CIC send PR to ? Do they send the PR card to the address mentioned in the PR application? do they send PR cards out side canada?
Thanks.

emamabd

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2012
Kumar2k1 said:
Hi Friends,

If we do not fill out PR application upon landing, where would CIC send PR to ? Do they send the PR card to the address mentioned in the PR application? do they send PR cards out side canada?
Thanks.
during landing the immigration officer will be asking your some questions and will fill in your COPR...you are expected to provide an address in canada for mailing the pr card. They don't send pr cards outside canada ofcourse.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

emamabd said:
during landing the immigration officer will be asking your some questions and will fill in your COPR...you are expected to provide an address in canada for mailing the pr card. They don't send pr cards outside canada ofcourse.
1. Just an addition to this post, if you don't have a Canadian mail address, then you have 6 months to inform CIC of a mail address. If you don't then you have to re-apply for a PR card.

Kumar2k1

Star Member
Sep 30, 2013
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-05-2014
Doc's Request.
No
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
NO
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
18-09-2014
Med's Done....
18-10-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
08-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-01-2015
LANDED..........
06-03-2015
Thanks, Friends. I have relatives living in Canada. I am planning to land and spend a couple of weeks at my relatives place in Canada. Can I provide their address to CBSA for PR cards?

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Kumar2k1 said:
Thanks, Friends. I have relatives living in Canada. I am planning to land and spend a couple of weeks at my relatives place in Canada. Can I provide their address to CBSA for PR cards?
yes.

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
mermer said:
Hello all,
I just landed Canada last month by land from USA. During the landing, i haven't been asked to fill out the "permenant resident card appliction" form. and no one asked me to provide any photos. They only checked the CORP and passport and told me my pr card will arrive in 8 weeks.
Today, i checked the online ECAS status, it only shows "You entered Canada at the Windsor Ambassador Bridge office on December 30, 2014 and became a Permanent Resident." nothing else,

I found on the internet, some people can see "We received your application for a permanent resident card on October 15, 2012.
We started processing your application on November 21, 2012. " in their system.
So, my question is, was anyone landed recently asked to fill out the "permenant resident card appliction" form at the port of entry??? and what was your ecas staus look like??
Thank you!
haha you landed in Windsor??? lol they are the most weird of all border agents.... i had a similar experience when I landed a year ago. This is a copy paste of my experience.....which I had posted last year...

Ok, I landed mid feb 2014. Thank you to everyone who helped me through this long and arduous process. Ok my landing experience was so weird. I mean I dont know how to describe this. Some of you might find it funny, some weird. Anyway, here goes:

I live in Windsor, Ontario so my logical border crossing would have been either the ambassador bridge or the Windsor- Detroit international tunnel. Well i chose the latter. I have a valid USA visa too but my I-94 expired in Nov 2013 so I had a few problems trying to convince the US border agents that I was'nt illegally living in the USA. After that I crossed into Detroit, drove all the way to Allen Park. Filled up on gas, bought some groceries, drove around and prepared to enter Canada as a permanent resident.

I chose the same route back, the windsor-detroit international tunnel. Paid my toll fees of 4.50$ and reached the Canadian side where I was given a yellow parking slip and directed into the administration building. This is where it gets weird.

There were 3 bored looking immigration agents (1 guy, 2 women) fiddling around with their computers (mind you, it was a sunday) and the office was empty. No people whatsover. I walked up to the guy and told him that I am landing today. He looks at me with a bright smile and says 'sure I can help you', fiddles around with his computer then looks at the other 2 agents and asks if anyone has done 'landing procedure' before. The women shake their heads, no. Then he looks at me apologetically and asks me if I can come back tomorrow!!
I was like, what?? you want me to come again tomorrow? lol it was like asking for a bag of chips in a convenience store and being said that we dont have chips now, come back tomorrow if you need some..
I did not drive all the way to Michigan, pay the toll fees for the tunnel, reach the border for landing and return the next day cos the agents did not know how to do the landing process. So I told him that (well not exactly in those terms). He then asked me to wait for 10 mins so he could get someone to assist me.
After a 30 min wait an African- Canadian woman comes in looking all hassled, she was obviously pulled in from something else that she was doing in that administration building. She calls me to the counter and powers up the computer again. Asks me for the 'long sheet-with my name on it', she obviously meant my COPR which was a big piece of paper. She looks at it, scans the bar code, looks at me and says welcome to canada and I could go now. I was like is that it? no bank statements? no pay stubs? do i even have to surrender my work permit? She is confused again, asks me to wait for a while as she gets on the phone.
After a 20 min wait I am told they dont need to verify anything and i was free to go. I asked her for something to acknoledge my landing and she was like oh-hum, you can have this 'long sheet' back. I pointed out that there was 2 of them and she could keep one if she wants and give me the other one. Then she makes me sign the 'long sheet' aka the COPR and keeps it in her file.
After looking/standing there awkwardly for 20 seconds or so I turn and walk out, take my car and drive into Canada.

LOL, I would recommend Windsor-detroit tunnel as landing for everyone, no questions asked.

jazibkg

Apr 4, 2014
ghatot201 said:
haha you landed in Windsor??? lol they are the most weird of all border agents.... i had a similar experience when I landed a year ago. This is a copy paste of my experience.....which I had posted last year...

Ok, I landed mid feb 2014. Thank you to everyone who helped me through this long and arduous process. Ok my landing experience was so weird. I mean I dont know how to describe this. Some of you might find it funny, some weird. Anyway, here goes:

I live in Windsor, Ontario so my logical border crossing would have been either the ambassador bridge or the Windsor- Detroit international tunnel. Well i chose the latter. I have a valid USA visa too but my I-94 expired in Nov 2013 so I had a few problems trying to convince the US border agents that I was'nt illegally living in the USA. After that I crossed into Detroit, drove all the way to Allen Park. Filled up on gas, bought some groceries, drove around and prepared to enter Canada as a permanent resident.

I chose the same route back, the windsor-detroit international tunnel. Paid my toll fees of 4.50$ and reached the Canadian side where I was given a yellow parking slip and directed into the administration building. This is where it gets weird.

There were 3 bored looking immigration agents (1 guy, 2 women) fiddling around with their computers (mind you, it was a sunday) and the office was empty. No people whatsover. I walked up to the guy and told him that I am landing today. He looks at me with a bright smile and says 'sure I can help you', fiddles around with his computer then looks at the other 2 agents and asks if anyone has done 'landing procedure' before. The women shake their heads, no. Then he looks at me apologetically and asks me if I can come back tomorrow!!
I was like, what?? you want me to come again tomorrow? lol it was like asking for a bag of chips in a convenience store and being said that we dont have chips now, come back tomorrow if you need some..
I did not drive all the way to Michigan, pay the toll fees for the tunnel, reach the border for landing and return the next day cos the agents did not know how to do the landing process. So I told him that (well not exactly in those terms). He then asked me to wait for 10 mins so he could get someone to assist me.
After a 30 min wait an African- Canadian woman comes in looking all hassled, she was obviously pulled in from something else that she was doing in that administration building. She calls me to the counter and powers up the computer again. Asks me for the 'long sheet-with my name on it', she obviously meant my COPR which was a big piece of paper. She looks at it, scans the bar code, looks at me and says welcome to canada and I could go now. I was like is that it? no bank statements? no pay stubs? do i even have to surrender my work permit? She is confused again, asks me to wait for a while as she gets on the phone.
After a 20 min wait I am told they dont need to verify anything and i was free to go. I asked her for something to acknoledge my landing and she was like oh-hum, you can have this 'long sheet' back. I pointed out that there was 2 of them and she could keep one if she wants and give me the other one. Then she makes me sign the 'long sheet' aka the COPR and keeps it in her file.
After looking/standing there awkwardly for 20 seconds or so I turn and walk out, take my car and drive into Canada.

LOL, I would recommend Windsor-detroit tunnel as landing for everyone, no questions asked.
1) Which work permit you wanted to surrender and why? This is not something any authority does, or authorized to do.
2) Why do you think they want to check your bank statement or pay stubs? CIC has already verified the proof of funds documents you provided to the visa office. The 'proof of funds' at landing is a non-issue, and a created issue on this forum, I landed at the Vancouver airport and there was no proof of funds check, only a declaration of carrying cash (and no evidence was checked about it, amount taken on face value). Most people I ask have similar experience
3) Did they not copy your address somewhere? I hope you got your PR card
4) It does seem like a very weird landing. Chances are hardly anyone lands using that border crossing, also it was a Sunday so they might have auxiliary staff there. One can't expect efficiency from CBSA/CIC anyways!

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
ghatot201 said:

did you and the officer both sign the COPR? there are 2 copies, 1 for them and 1 for you. i hope you got a signed and stamped copy. this is what you will need to be able to get a SIN, healthcare, and most any other service in canada.

ghatot201

Feb 8, 2013
Windsor, UK
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-02-2013
Doc's Request.
Sent with application
AOR Received.
PER 08-03-2013
IELTS Request
8.0 Sent with application
File Transfer...
11-12-2014
Med's Request
06-01-2014
Med's Done....
09-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
12-02-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-02-2014
LANDED..........
Canada since 2011, Landed
rhcohen2014 said:
did you and the officer both sign the COPR? there are 2 copies, 1 for them and 1 for you. i hope you got a signed and stamped copy. this is what you will need to be able to get a SIN, healthcare, and most any other service in canada.
The officer put a mark on my passport with a stamp saying i landed on that particular date. I have had no problems with my SIN or healthcare. Its been almost a year now. I landed on March 1 2014.