+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Weird Information from CIC Call Center - Calgary

adam2681976

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Dear all,

i applied to my Citizenship Sept 2011, no news till September 2014, when i called the call center, they said it will take up to 44 months,
October 5th 2014 i received a letter to write the citizenship exam (Calgary side),
i passes the exam 18th of October, and the test supervisor at CIC office told us you will receive the oath Letter with in A month to 3 Months, One of my friends took the exam the same day with, was contacted to go for the Oath,
i said i will give a try and check my file, i called the call Center, they told me the same story about it will take 44 month and contact us in My 2015 if you didnt hear from CIC.

now i'm completely confused is this normal after the test you wait 7 month to hear from CIC ?

please advice

thanks for everyone .

hoping_canadian

Jun 20, 2014
Montreal
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adam2681976 said:
Dear all,

i applied to my Citizenship Sept 2011, no news till September 2014, when i called the call center, they said it will take up to 44 months,
October 5th 2014 i received a letter to write the citizenship exam (Calgary side),
i passes the exam 18th of October, and the test supervisor at CIC office told us you will receive the oath Letter with in A month to 3 Months, One of my friends took the exam the same day with, was contacted to go for the Oath,
i said i will give a try and check my file, i called the call Center, they told me the same story about it will take 44 month and contact us in My 2015 if you didnt hear from CIC.

now i'm completely confused is this normal after the test you wait 7 month to hear from CIC ?

please advice

thanks for everyone .
relaks the CIC is just kidding we all heard different story from different agent. In my case they told me that my apps will take 36 months coz im a non routine applicant but guess what it took only 10 months and 16 days. I dont know where did they get the 44 months hehehe you will get you oath max 4 months for sure!!!

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
adam2681976 said:
Dear all,

please advice

thanks for everyone .
Do you know the reason why they did not let you to take oath the same day as your friend got the oath same day?

canucksrig

Jan 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
adam2681976 said:
Dear all,

please advice

thanks for everyone .
As you can see from my signature I have been waiting for oath for 3 months now and some of my local office applicants are already citizens. What I have gathered from CIC agents is that since test there is a time frame of 6 months for local office to schedule for an oath. So some get oaths withing a month and some take 6 months. If we do the math in your case you gave test in Oct so your ~ 6 months will be mid march'15. CIC agensts only then send an email to local office informing them that this applicant has waited more than the due time. I know that you have waited for too long and I hope that you get your oath ASAP!

adam2681976

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
Thank you all for your response,

i wish they can schedule me soon, i wish i can see my family in my home country, what makes it hard that the PR is Expired and to renew , it will take up to 172 days, you can imagine 172 days during the year end ( the vacation and statuary holidays season)

:(

walelo

Mar 11, 2014
My time frame same as you , I applied in 2011 and had the test in Calgary Oct 28, 2014 they told me the oath would be from one to three months max!

adam2681976

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
walelo said:
My time frame same as you , I applied in 2011 and had the test in Calgary Oct 28, 2014 they told me the oath would be from one to three months max!
did anybody mentioned that it will take up to 6 month ?

walelo

Mar 11, 2014
Not at all they told me max 3 months
Please update me if you got any new news my cell # 403-8919651

adam2681976

Star Member
Aug 11, 2014
i will Waleo,

all my friends who set for the Citizenship exams been told that you should hear about the Oath, between month and 3 months, later one they get the oath letter with in a month during last 5 months

what about your friends experience if you have nay of them been experienced the exam issues ?