+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Weird Express Entry Glitch... A Bit Worried...

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Hey guys,
So I received my PPR and RPRF on September 2. Pretty happy about that and everything. However, something weird happened today.
Last night, I was playing with the 'Come To Canada' eligibility tool. It would go as far as the screen where it says 'Based On The Information Provided, You May Be Eligible,' but clicking on Continue would give me a Technical Error message. After a couple of tries, I gave up.

Today, I logged into my Express Entry profile, and when I logged in, I found, in addition to my previously existing applications, a new one listed under 'Continue My Profile/Application, Not Yet Submitted,' with a 60 day submission limit. I tried to see what it is, and it turned out to be a continuation of the Come To Canada tool from last night- continuing it would give me the same technical error as last night.

Anyway, I went ahead and deleted it, and it's gone from my profile now. I am just worried that CIC will for some reason misconstrue this as me withdrawing my entire Express Entry profile and application from the pool, which, right after I got my PPR, is definitely not something I want. My Permanent Residency Application is still listed as active on my profile, so I assume I am being a bit paranoid here- but it's still something I am worried about, and I don't know what to do about it.

Help, please?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
dan_and said:
It's going to fine. Withdrawing an application would require a more deliberate act than playing around with the Come to Canada tool. You're completely overthinking this.
Thank you, I think I may just be freaking out.
One of the reasons I am though is because I can't see any option to actually withdraw the express entry profile anywhere on my profile at all- and I remember reading that if that option does not appear, your profile has been withdrawn?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
dan_and said:
Assuming you are talking about the profile that you received the ITA with: You can't withdraw it because it became locked once you got an ITA. It's completely normal.

Just relax. You have your "ready for visa" email. They are not going to dishonour this because of some technical glitch on myCIC.
Yeah, that's the one I was talking about. You're right, I don't think I've seen the 'Withdraw' buttons there for a while now, actually.

I guess I'm just overthinking things here as you said haha. So deleting some rogue, new, Express Entry profile that got associated with this existing one shouldn't affect anything, then?

Aragorn165

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2016
Nomination.....
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
04-03-2016
Passport Req..
02-09-2016
Alright, I managed to ascertain for sure my profile isn't withdrawn.
This really was a stupid scare in the end, but I was so panicked.
Thank you dan_and for helping me out with this!

greysky1866

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
29-09-16
File Transfer...
23-11-16
Med's Done....
06-Dec-16
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
Re: Weird Express Entry Glitch while making payment for PR +RPRF Fees

Hi ALL,

I am trying to pay PR + RPRF fees from MY CIC website. I have uploaded all documents requested on MYCIC site for main applicant, spouse and child. After which when I sign and click on "Transmit & Pay Button", technical error turns up. This is happening from last 1 week.

Error states: "Our site is facing technical problem and is under construction".

I have also called cic Canada through my brother who is Canadian resident, however they believe that the site is working fine.

I have tried to pay through various browser, use different system but all in vain. It seems many individuals are facing this issue.

Is there any way through which the FEES can be paid? I have 15 days left out of 60 days after which my file will expire.

Can anyone guide?

greysky1866

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
29-09-16
File Transfer...
23-11-16
Med's Done....
06-Dec-16
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
Hi,

I am unable to pay (PR +RPRF) fees from "MY CIC" website. After uploading all documents there is an option "Transmit & Pay". Once I click on same, there is an error "System is facing Technical error and we are in process of resolving the same". This error is coming from 20-Nov-2016.

I have tried to call CIC -Canada through one of my relative and they say that the Site is working fine. I have raised technical query through MY CIC but they have failed to provide solution till date.

Is anyone else facing problem to pay (PR +RPRF) fees?
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Online Application: 25-Oct-15. Ontario Nomination: 28-Oct-15. Docs Sent: 7-Nov-15. Docs Received by OINP: 12-Nov-15. AOR Received: 08-Mar-16. 1st Query: 25-Apr-16. Nomination Received: 30-Sept-16. 600 Points Received: 3-Oct-16. Medicals: 11-Nov-16. Present Status: Docs Uploaded Online on MY CIC Site and Unable to pay fees due to technical error in CIC payment website since 20-Nov-16. Can anyone help?

greysky1866

Star Member
Nov 4, 2015
Mumbai
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
29-09-16
File Transfer...
23-11-16
Med's Done....
06-Dec-16
Passport Req..
Awaiting
VISA ISSUED...
Awaiting
Hi,

Has anyone from MY CIC able to pay PR +RPRF fees in last 1 week??

I am Trying to pay through MY CIC fees for PR +RPRF since 19-Nov- 16.

Once I click on "Transmit & Pay" option, the error turn up. You can do all of following:-

1) Raise technical Error query through MY CIC.
2) mail to :
- question@cic.gc.ca
- enqserv@international.gc.ca

3) call at 0016139444000 ( Those Outside canada)
4) Call at 18882422100 (Those within Canada)
Note- Open between 8-4 pm (Canadian Time Zone). Closed on weekends.

5)Tweet to @citmmcanada.
- This is Canada CIC online Twitter portal. A Lot of action is going here in this matter.

6) Mail to minister@cic.gc.ca
The Honorable John McCallum,
Minister of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship.

Hope this helps.