Apr 8, 2020
Hi,

I have a short and quick question..

FSW-O
AOR 12 AUG
MEP & BIL 31 AUG
BIL submitted 02 SEP
all payments upfront

My Background has been 'we are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.' since AOR
I just got, today (16 SEP), a ghost update and my background check is now: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

Is this counter-intuitive? How would you read it?

I know the profile values are not something to rely on (and i don't trust the IP1 IP2 things) but this seemed very weird to me..

Many thanks!

boilercat

Star Member
Sep 16, 2020
Hi,

FSW-O
AOR 12 AUG
MEP & BIL 31 AUG
BIL submitted 02 SEP
all payments upfront

My Background has been 'we are processing your background check. we will send you a message if we need more information.' since AOR
I just got, today (16 SEP), a ghost update and my background check is now: Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start your background check.

I know the profile values are not something to rely on (and i don't trust the IP1 IP2 things) but this seemed very weird to me..

Many thanks!
To my knowledge, the first msg you saw was the so-called “fake-IP2”, the second msg is the so-called “ IP1”. They don not necessarily mean anything. If you interpret it based on the old trend, you might be under eligibility review now.

Reactions: maou556

Santaclause

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hi,

FSW-O
AOR 12 AUG
MEP & BIL 31 AUG
BIL submitted 02 SEP
all payments upfront

Many thanks!
Did you also get an email about profile being updated?

star1994

Feb 15, 2021
Hi,

FSW-O
AOR 12 AUG
MEP & BIL 31 AUG
BIL submitted 02 SEP
all payments upfront

Many thanks!
Hey same thing happened to me today. Did you get PPR yet? What stage is your file on? Please respond, will be very helpful.

maou556

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Hey same thing happened to me today. Did you get PPR yet? What stage is your file on? Please respond, will be very helpful.
Hey! In my case that was 'Eligibility confirmed pass'
I called IRCC and they told me this
as for PPR :D nothing yet :D criminailty/security not even started.
cheers and good luck!

star1994

Feb 15, 2021
Hey! In my case that was 'Eligibility confirmed pass'
I called IRCC and they told me this
as for PPR :D nothing yet :D criminailty/security not even started.
cheers and good luck!

Thank you for this!! Just in case someone else runs into this situation - I got pre-arrival letter today. My criminality has already passed last year. Spousal sponsorship application. Usually after pre-arrival you get passport request :)

Reactions: maou556

maou556

Star Member
Apr 8, 2020
Thank you for this!! Just in case someone else runs into this situation - I got pre-arrival letter today. My criminality has already passed last year. Spousal sponsorship application. Usually after pre-arrival you get passport request :)
Congrats! Guess any change in Background Check is always a good thing :D