+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wedding photos or not for sponsoring wife

M

mikeymyke

kingdawid said:
Okay so based on the responses Philippines should have a ceremony with parents in photos, but a place like USA doesn't need a ceremony at all haha.

I can at least bring my dad, that should be good right? And her family and church friends too in Philippines.

Mikeymike mentioned that his wife got a visa in under 6 months, I am very curious about this. Do you mean after you got married she got a visitor visa in under 6 months? Does that mean when she applied for a visitor visa she declared she was visiting you (her husband)? And also you gave an invitation letter saying your wife was visiting you? I would very much like to know if she can get a visitor visa after the marriage, or if perhaps the visitor visa is harder for her to get after the marriage.

Regardless we would be trying to get visitor visa after we get married in Philippines, because I only have 3 weeks vacation a year and that would be terrible to only visit her that much while waiting for outland sponsorship to finish.

Thank you for helping me cover my bases!
Ok before I go further, how's your relationship profile? Do you feel you have minimal red flags? Is your wife's side going to attend?

Yes I got my wife the visitor visa, in spite of many people even telling me, that it was impossible to get. We married on Dec 2013, applied in March 2014 for PR, applied for visitor visa in July 2014, she got a multiple entry visa for life of her passport, and then while she was in Canada, they asked for her passport, so she had to return home and get her visa. Total time is approx 6 months to get the PR visa, 2 weeks or so to get the visitor visa. Keep in mind, we had to deal with Singapore visa office, which has one of the highest refusal rates and longest processing times compared to the other offices at the time.

Mind you, she got the visa despite being married to me, having a PR application underway, and from Vietnam, one of the few countries along with Syria, Iraq, Iran, that requires biometric data from all visitors, and also having a very high refusal rate.

Yes the odds to get a visitor visa while married is on the low side, but its definitely not impossible, you just have to show LOTS of proof she intends to stay only temporarily in Canada, and will leave. Even then, there's always a good chance she will be refused a visitor visa, but that's typical of most cases. Our visitor visa application file was extremely large, constantly exceeding the 4MB file limit, we had to constantly downsize the font, pics, etc in order to make the file sendable

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
mikeymyke has a point . . . How's your relationship profile? With minimal or no red flags, I still don't believe your Dad needs to be there.

Don't waste your money on a visit visa application, only ONE member here that I know of said they got one (out of Manila), and when I asked how did they achieve that he/she retracted and said that was a hypothetical situation.

kingdawid

Jan 20, 2016
Are you saying even if she was not married it is still hard for her to get visitor visa from Manila? Or you mean getting visitor visa from Manila when she is married is too hard?

I don't know what you mean by minimal red flags. I think it would be better my dad went, and she only has her mom as family so her mom will go for sure. We tried to apply for visitor visa once already (we aren't married yet) and she got denied because at that time she came out of a contract job and had no job while applying. Also she has no travel history. Those were the only 2 reasons. I understand next time I apply for visitor visa she has to mention her previous one failed due to no job. So it seems that is our only red flag, she had no job.

Maybe you could give me more examples of minimal red flag versus a little too many red flags?

Also, hypothetical I was curious how hard it is for someone as a student to get a visitor visa, is it that having a job what makes getting visitor visa much easier while being a student is much harder? I'm asking the student question here because I don't want to start a new thread on student vs job for visitor visa.

kingdawid

Jan 20, 2016
Oh and we have only known each other for a few months online, did lots of video messages and voicemail messages, some video chat, lots of facebook and lots of photos to each other. So ya our relationship is not convincing by cic at all right now, but I can go see her soon and take lots of photos like on dates and even some wedding dress photos and then the wedding photos. Yes I prefer rushed marriage after seeing her because I want to get married soon, not dragging the relationship long distance for a long time.