+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wedding in toronto

Dinho

Jan 12, 2017
Hi there, how are you?

My name is Wagdy , I am from Brazil.

My fiance is canadian and she is living in Canada right now. We want to
get married in toronto, but we dont know if I should apply for a turist visa first or if exist a
better choice.

i would like to know which options we have. She is also pregnent, i'd like to know
if this fact helps or not.

best regards

Wagdy Navas

JamtoCanlove

Oct 19, 2016
Dinho said:
Hi there, how are you?

My name is Wagdy , I am from Brazil.

My fiance is canadian and she is living in Canada right now. We want to
get married in toronto, but we dont know if I should apply for a turist visa first or if exist a
better choice.

i would like to know which options we have. She is also pregnent, i'd like to know
if this fact helps or not.

best regards

Wagdy Navas
Hi,

Hi,

I would contact an immigration lawyer with this question. There are also a lot of Toronto organizations that support newcomers and immigrants. They will be able to answer this question.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Dinho said:
My fiance is canadian and she is living in Canada right now. We want to get married in toronto, but we dont know if I should apply for a turist visa first or if exist a better choice.

Yes, you need to apply for a TRV if you want to come to Canada as a visitor and marry your fiance. You will need to show strong ties to Brazil to be approved.

I suggest you don't mention anything about the pregnancy in your TRV app; it shows a very strong tie to Canada and would be a reason for you to overstay. Her being pregnant won't have any effect on a PR app.

JamtoCanlove said:
I would contact an immigration lawyer with this question. There are also a lot of Toronto organizations that support newcomers and immigrants. They will be able to answer this question.
This is a very simple query with no need for a lawyer.