+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wedding ceremony photographs

Micky

Jul 9, 2004
Hi All,

I am posting a query for the first time. Hope somebody will be able to help.

I am a permanent resident since 4 years. I am from India. I got married (arranged marriage through relatives) in Feb’07. My marriage ceremony was very short (with bare minimum rituals) as my trip to India for the marriage was very short and also because my grandmother had passed away recently. Due to some miscommunication with the official photographer and our own late arrival at the wedding venue, I do not have the pictures of the marriage ceremony but I have adequate pictures of the marriage reception that took place immediately after the ceremony. I made this very clear and supplied good number of pictures (19 in total) of the reception when I filed for my wife’s permanent resident visa in May’07 at the Mississauga office. I got a letter from the Mississauga office in June’07 saying that I have met the eligibility criteria for sponsorship of my spouse and that the file has now been shifted to the New Delhi (India) office. Two days ago my wife receives a letter from the New Delhi office saying this “Please send adequate wedding/engagement/adoption photos. Should also include photos depicting the actual ceremony. (Please do not sent photo album / video cassette)”

Now I am not sure what they want as I have already made it clear that I do not have wedding ceremony pictures. There was no engagement. Can somebody guide as to what should be my wife’s reply to the letter? Should she just sent the same photographs and re-emphasize the same point again as to why we do not have those pictures? Please help. Thanks so much.

Regards,
Micky

cmk2

Oct 3, 2006
I believe NEW photos would have been required since the same photos you gave to Mississauga have made its way to the Canadian Embassy in INDIA. Therefore, they already have what you are suggesting to resend. Now since you are mentioning that you do NOT have any other photos, then, probably, they are already raising the RED FLAG about your marriage. I believe you can send your letter but most likely, your wife will be lined up for a face-to-face interview shortly after.
To me, from a third party perspective, I find it odd that you do not have any pictures of your ceremony. Even though you say that there was a miscommunication with your photographer, are you saying that NO ONE else in your family took any pictures of such event?

Anyways, give it your best shot. Good Luck

Micky

Jul 9, 2004
Thanks CMK2,

My marriage ceremony was very private with only close family members. We had arranged for the professional photographer and nobody thought we would end up in a situation with no photographer. We immidiately started calling friends and relatives who were coming for the reception that followed thereafter. Hence, even the reception photographs that I have are all from different cameras and cellphones that friends and relatives brought. I know it's a odd situation and difficult to prove but that's all I have and I am wondering what should be my next move. Thanks anyway for your reply.

Regards,
Micky