+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Webform to request approval

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Is it a good idea to raise a webform and ask IRCC to take a decision early since my DLI is pushing me to get the study permit or defer my intake.

I am in this tight situation that I don't want to defer my intake, I have already wasted a lot of time in this whole process. If I don't get a study permit by mid-April then my intake will be deferred to September.

Reactions: Qwerty098

abre196

Star Member
Jan 27, 2021
Is it a good idea to raise a webform and ask IRCC to take a decision early since my DLI is pushing me to get the study permit or defer my intake.

I am in this tight situation that I don't want to defer my intake, I have already wasted a lot of time in this whole process. If I don't get a study permit by mid-April then my intake will be deferred to September.
You'll most likely get a generic response that nothing can be done to speed up your application process

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019

You can try, they will come back with a generic response on how COVID has affected them so badly they can no longer do their job properly.

Shaild

Oct 17, 2019
@abre196 @Shaild have you guys witnessed where a webform actually has helped? I have seen some which are not exactly to my situation but the responses are positive from IRCC.
It depends on the nature of query and the VO in question as well. Remember everything is subjective so it will not be the same experience for all. As per guidelines on webform you should not contact them unless your profile has exceeded the average processing time.

LorLor

Jul 27, 2020
Jamaica
Category........
STUDY

How long ago did you apply? I normally see positive outcomes on this forum and from persons I know after webform is submitted. A webform also assisted with my approval

LorLor

Jul 27, 2020
Jamaica
Category........
STUDY
how did it assist in your case? can you explain what you did?
I applied Feb 2020. Didn't see any movement in processing when I checked portal. Decided to submit webform about September asking for an update, they responded a few weeks after requesting additional documents which I provided, waited few more weeks no response, sent more webforms, was finally approved in December

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
I applied Feb 2020. Didn't see any movement in processing when I checked portal. Decided to submit webform about September asking for an update, they responded a few weeks after requesting additional documents which I provided, waited few more weeks no response, sent more webforms, was finally approved in December
Did you also try emailing them?

wonderbly

VIP Member
Aug 26, 2020
I don't know about other offices but I've contacted my local VO about 3 times since I submitted my application (for a query regarding ADR and also to provide my e-medical forms) and each time I got a friendly response in 24 - 48 hours. I am in South Africa.

No one can really tell you if it will help until you try (same advice you also gave someone on another thread :D).

Reactions: aspirant256

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
I don't know about other offices but I've contacted my local VO about 3 times since I submitted my application (for a query regarding ADR and also to provide my e-medical forms) and each time I got a friendly response in 24 - 48 hours. I am in South Africa.

No one can really tell you if it will help until you try (same advice you also gave someone on another thread :D).
That advice on the other thread was in the case when his application is already closed/decision made. My application is still in process so have to be careful. Thanks for sharing your experience, I am thinking to write an email instead of a webform.

Laguna55

Jul 19, 2020

IRCC will take as long as necessary to ensure an application is processed correctly after all the checks are done, by raising a webform it will not make any difference to how quickly they make a decision. I was in the same situation last year, had to defer to fall 2021. I am sure someone previously mentioned on this forum that more likely to get rejected with too many webforms.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
IRCC will take as long as necessary to ensure an application is processed correctly after all the checks are done, by raising a webform it will not make any difference to how quickly they make a decision. I was in the same situation last year, had to defer to fall 2021. I am sure someone previously mentioned on this forum that more likely to get rejected with too many webforms.
why is that?