+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Webform Query

Arshi_n

Star Member
Nov 9, 2019
I applied for student visa on November 29th, 2020 for January intake under SDS category. Although, given the circumstances arising due to pandemic, it became apparent that visa application won’t be processed in time to start my classes in person from January. Following which, I decided to defer my program to the next available intake of September 2021 intake. Afterwards, I raised a web form ( without being requested) on December 19th 2020 with my new LOA to update my Visa application. Upon submission of web form I received an automated message, which stated:

" Your enquiry has been sent to the visa office processing your application. You should receive a reply within 28 working days (by email, regular mail or fax) If your application is within normal processing times you may not receive a reply from the visa office. If you message contains new information for your application (e.g. adding a newborn or change of address) your file will be updated but the visa office may not respond to your email."

Also, within a couple of days on December 21st 2020 I got an automated mail from Delhi immigration office, which stated:

Dear Client,
Thank you for your e-mail. Your question has been received by the Migration Section, Client Service Unit, in India.
If you are providing additional documents, as request by IRCC, and have applied online, you must submit these additional documents through your secure IRCC account. If you want to update the information on your online application, but have NOT been requested to do so, we will open up a document request in your application so that you can upload the documents. Only additional documents provided for paper applications will be uploaded to your file by the mission.
Please be advised that we can only assist in applications where India is the primary office. If you submitted and application under a permanent resident economic category, your application may be processed in Canada. You should submit the webform and indicate that you applied online via economic immigration and your additional document will be sent to the appropriate office. The mission may not be able to access your file to create.
Please note there is a file size limit of 4MB per file. If your file is too big, find out how to reduce the files size.
If IRCC has not requested any document, allow 5 business days from the day you receive this email before uploading your documents to your online application. You can log in using your secure IRCC account. Please note that your documents will not be uploaded by the mission.
We trust you will find above information of assistance.

It’s been over one month since I raised the web form and I’m still not sure if my visa application got updated with the new LOA. Now my question is:

• In order to update visa application with new LOA is raising a web form enough or would I be requested separately by immigration office to update my application through my CIC profile?
  • Based on the automated responses, what understanding should I derive whether my visa application got updated with my LOA or not?
  • If the process I followed is incorrect, what is the correct process of uploading new Letter of Acceptance to update the Visa application?
Please do share if you have any insight. Thanks in advance.

maricelpba

Star Member
Feb 27, 2020
I applied for student visa on November 29th, 2020 for January intake under SDS category. Although, given the circumstances arising due to pandemic, it became apparent that visa application won’t be processed in time to start my classes in person from January. Following which, I decided to defer my program to the next available intake of September 2021 intake. Afterwards, I raised a web form ( without being requested) on December 19th 2020 with my new LOA to update my Visa application. Upon submission of web form I received an automated message, which stated:

" Your enquiry has been sent to the visa office processing your application. You should receive a reply within 28 working days (by email, regular mail or fax) If your application is within normal processing times you may not receive a reply from the visa office. If you message contains new information for your application (e.g. adding a newborn or change of address) your file will be updated but the visa office may not respond to your email."

Also, within a couple of days on December 21st 2020 I got an automated mail from Delhi immigration office, which stated:

Dear Client,
Thank you for your e-mail. Your question has been received by the Migration Section, Client Service Unit, in India.
If you are providing additional documents, as request by IRCC, and have applied online, you must submit these additional documents through your secure IRCC account. If you want to update the information on your online application, but have NOT been requested to do so, we will open up a document request in your application so that you can upload the documents. Only additional documents provided for paper applications will be uploaded to your file by the mission.
Please be advised that we can only assist in applications where India is the primary office. If you submitted and application under a permanent resident economic category, your application may be processed in Canada. You should submit the webform and indicate that you applied online via economic immigration and your additional document will be sent to the appropriate office. The mission may not be able to access your file to create.
Please note there is a file size limit of 4MB per file. If your file is too big, find out how to reduce the files size.
If IRCC has not requested any document, allow 5 business days from the day you receive this email before uploading your documents to your online application. You can log in using your secure IRCC account. Please note that your documents will not be uploaded by the mission.

It’s been over one month since I raised the web form and I’m still not sure if my visa application got updated with the new LOA. Now my question is:

• In order to update visa application with new LOA is raising a web form enough or would I be requested separately by immigration office to update my application through my CIC profile?
  • Based on the automated responses, what understanding should I derive whether my visa application got updated with my LOA or not?
  • If the process I followed is incorrect, what is the correct process of uploading new Letter of Acceptance to update the Visa application?
Hello! Have you already received an update on your application? If so, how long did it take?

Prakash39965

Apr 24, 2021

Dear Client,

@Arshi_n Hello bro what happened to your document? I received the same reply from New Delhi after submitting additional document but didn't receive document request just like you .. was your LOA updated?