+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Webform for SP Reconsideration

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Hi, I secured a fully funded master's scholarship and my visa was refused on 1 April. Then I applied for reconsideration on 24 April and got their email on 28 April:

Dear Applicant

Thank you for your email regarding the refusal of your recent application to Canada. We realize that this decision may come as a disappointment to you.

Your request for reconsideration of the refusal of your application has been forwarded to a Migration Officer for review. This delegated official will review the contents of your message, the application and the refusal decision.

Based on a review of all of these factors, they will consider whether an error in fact, in law, or in procedural fairness has occurred and whether or not your file will be re-opened.

Your request will be reviewed within 30 days of this email, If the Migration Officer determines the decision was rendered with no error in fact, law, or procedural fairness, this message will serve as notification of the review and you will receive a reply to this effect. No further reconsideration requests will be considered without the submission of a new application.

Should the Migration Officer decide to re-open your file, you will be contacted with information on next steps.

Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Almost 30 days are passed and they have not responded yet. What should I do now?

Thank you

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
Hi, I secured a fully funded master's scholarship and my visa was refused on 1 April. Then I applied for reconsideration on 24 April and got their email on 28 April:

Almost 30 days are passed and they have not responded yet. What should I do now?

Thank you
Move on

Greeny786

Champion Member
Jul 12, 2021

Thank you
They refused in reconsideration. They did not reply because they refused. If you want to know about this. Just email to abu dhabi office. They will tell they refused. Just reapply again

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Hi,

Today I received the response to my reconsideration request, My eligibility is started again and they have sent a "Request Letter" to upload the updated "Letter of Acceptance" from the university.

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. The following documents are required to continue processing your application:

Please provide an updated LOA or proof from the university that you will still be accepted into your program.

This must be received at this office by: 2022/07/17

But the main issue is that I have withdrawn the admission from my M.Sc and applied for Ph.D. in the same DLI and same department. I will receive the Ph.D. admission offer letter within the next few days with the same funding/scholarship conditions.

Can I upload the fully-funded Ph.D. admission offer letter instead of the fully-funded M.Sc?

Here is my thread regarding refusal: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/study-permit-refused-fully-funded-masters-scholarship.766706/#post-10068795

Thank you

HKB_25

Aug 2, 2021
Hi,

Today I received the response to my reconsideration request, My eligibility is started again and they have sent a "Request Letter" to upload the updated "Letter of Acceptance" from the university.

But the main issue is that I have withdrawn the admission from my M.Sc and applied for Ph.D. in the same DLI and same department. I will receive the Ph.D. admission offer letter within the next few days with the same funding/scholarship conditions.

Can I upload the fully-funded Ph.D. admission offer letter instead of the fully-funded M.Sc?

Here is my thread regarding refusal: https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/study-permit-refused-fully-funded-masters-scholarship.766706/#post-10068795

Thank you
I have also applied for re-consideration for my brother study permit (sds) india on 14th June, 2022.
Only received one email the same day-
"Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
We’re experiencing a high volume of requests, so our response may be delayed. We’ll respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.

We understand that timely access to client support is important. Thank you for your patience.

Please do not reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada"

Still waiting for their acknowledgment. The refusal reason for my brother is not applicable. In our case we are sure that IRCC officer made a mistake or it's a system error.

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
I have also applied for re-consideration for my brother study permit (sds) india on 14th June, 2022.
Only received one email the same day-
"Good day,
Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
We’re experiencing a high volume of requests, so our response may be delayed. We’ll respond to your inquiry as soon as possible.

We understand that timely access to client support is important. Thank you for your patience.

Please do not reply to this email.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada"

Still waiting for their acknowledgment. The refusal reason for my brother is not applicable. In our case we are sure that IRCC officer made a mistake or it's a system error.
I got their response after 52 Days.

bilal2012bs

Star Member
May 1, 2022
Was it the acknowledgement response you got after 52 days? Or they re-opened your file after 52 days?
They opened my file after 52 days. They mailed about a week later about the confirmation that they have received my Reconsideration request.

HKB_25

Aug 2, 2021
They opened my file after 52 days. They mailed about a week later about the confirmation that they have received my Reconsideration request.
I wanted to ask if calling IRCC will help me cut off that time period of waiting for re-consideration?

HKB_25

Aug 2, 2021
I was recently on call with IRCC and they have confirmed that my re-consideration request have been received by the Visa office Edmonton. IRCC said to wait for the response and the refusal we received was error since it is not applicable to my country. She said they will probably re-open and reassess the file again.

aspirant256

Champion Member
Oct 29, 2020
I was recently on call with IRCC and they have confirmed that my re-consideration request have been received by the Visa office Edmonton. IRCC said to wait for the response and the refusal we received was error since it is not applicable to my country. She said they will probably re-open and reassess the file again.
Good luck!

HKB_25

Aug 2, 2021
Good luck!
Update on our reconsideration case-

We got a reply on our web form that on 30th June, 2022

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).​

We have verified the information you provided and can confirm that the agent who responded to you on June 20, 2022, took the appropriate actions to follow up on your request.
Due to COVID-19, IRCC is experiencing processing delays and we can't give accurate processing times for most types of applications. Our ability to review and process applications is also being affected.
Rest assured that we are making all the necessary efforts to finalize your application as soon as possible, and that you will be informed when a decision is reached or if additional information is needed.​

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.​

Ircc admits that it's possible that they have made mistake
Also we will be re-applying the file side by side. Will keep you posted.

Reactions: Fab100

wazaratullah

Apr 9, 2022
I received an email feom abu dhabi saying VO made no error and that no further reconsideration would be acepted in my application
Dear Bro,

Can you tell me after how much time your received denial email from the email in which they asked for review.