+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Webform does not mention eligibility but Security, Criminality and Background Currently Valid / Passed

Jaybird94

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
I raised a webform with the template from this forum. I received this response;

> The background verifications are currently valid.
> The security background verification is currently valid.
> The criminal background verification is currently valid.

^

I did ask about Eligibility as well in the raised webform, but it was not addressed at all. Does Security "currently valid" mean Eligibility was already passed/included in the security? Or should i raise another webform to specifically ask if the Eligibility criteria was passed.

Looking at ordering GCMS notes but the 3rd party rep i used is a nightmare to deal with so they're taking their own sweet time.

Ravi saab

Oct 28, 2016
Niagara Falls
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Nova Scotia
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
21-04-2019
Doc's Request.
13-02-2020
Nomination.....
19-06-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2020
Med's Done....
10-06-2020

^

I did ask about Eligibility as well in the raised webform, but it was not addressed at all. Does Security "currently valid" mean Eligibility was already passed/included in the security? Or should i raise another webform to specifically ask if the Eligibility criteria was passed.

Looking at ordering GCMS notes but the 3rd party rep i used is a nightmare to deal with so they're taking their own sweet time.
Which template did you use??

indianstudent96

May 22, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPC Sydney
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
27-06-2020
Doc's Request.
18-08-2020
AOR Received.
27-06-2020
Med's Done....
16-04-2020

^

Security is the last stage of the process before PPR. You should expect a confirmation of permanent residence email soon. You can call them to double-check if you have passed your eligibility. A member in this forum raised a web form telling IRCC they are an inland candidate and have passed all the checks and ended up receiving a COPR email. You can certainly try, it does not hurt. I think you will get an email this week or by the end of next week.

Jaybird94

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Dear Sir or Madam,

Good day. I do hope this mail meets you well. I observed the status of my permanent residence application (xxxxxxx) with an AOR date of xxxxxxx was updated today. I immediately checked my profile but did not notice any changes. Hence, I humbly write to make these enquiries. Kindly let me know if the;

1. Eligibility is passed?
2. Security is passed?
3. Criminality is passed?
4. Background Check is completed and outcome?
5. Office processing my application is confirmed and where?

Thank you so much for your support and time.

Best Regards

Which template did you use??

Ndera

Star Member
Jul 24, 2020

^

Hi guys,

Got the same response. Just wondering, does 'currently valid' mean passed?

Jaybird94

Star Member
Jan 7, 2020
Hi guys,

Got the same response. Just wondering, does 'currently valid' mean passed?
From what I've seen other users say, Currently valid can mean Recommended Pass, Case Analyst passed but Review Required, and also Passed/completed but pending Final Decision so no clue. I ordered GCMS anyway.

Waseema16

Mar 3, 2016
I am in the exact same situation raised a webform and I received this response;

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that:

• Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

Reactions: jauhari

Sola89

Sep 22, 2020
I am in the exact same situation raised a webform and I received this response;

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We verified the information you provided and can confirm that:

• Your application is currently being processed at the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa, Ontario.
  • The background verifications are currently valid.
  • The security background verification is currently valid.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid
All the required documents and information have been received by the responsible office for the moment.

I'm in the same boat, but my Security background verification is still in process. Any progress with your application? Have you been able to figure out the difference between Eligibility and Background verfications check?

Reactions: jauhari

jauhari

Sep 29, 2017
India

^

What's your status now. did you get ppr?

netquire

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Hi everyone, I know this is a very old thread, but I think its relevant to ask here, My AOR is 5th Sep, 2021, I got a response from the web form from IRCC:

• The security background verification has not been initiated.
  • The criminal background verification is currently valid.

However it did not say anything abt eligibility, which I specifically asked for. Did someone find themselves in the same situation, as all of you have gone through this situation.