+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We want to accompany our son who was accepted in canadian university

nix22g

Jul 26, 2013
Me, my wife, my daughter and my son are all based in Dubai. Im working here now for 11 years. my daughter who is 25 is also working here now. My son recently was accepted in a canadian university for college. My wife and my daughter tried to get a temporary visitors visa for single entry to accompany my son to enroll and get settled there while my son is still applying for his student visa. My wife and daughter has been denied of the visa by the CIC stating that they dont have travel history, and might not come back to Dubai. I feel now that I should have bee the Principal in the family application since I have been traveling in the US, Europe, Middle East and Africa because of my job. If we relaunch our application with me as principal, what is the chances that we will get approved? Hoping for opinions on this. The student visa of my son has not come out yet, its been like 4 weeks now.

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
You stand a better chance as the principal applicant but because of the previous application, they may be more cautious in processing yours. Make sure you can show why you all *must*return at the end of the visit.

nix22g

Jul 26, 2013
zardoz said:
You stand a better chance as the principal applicant but because of the previous application, they may be more cautious in processing yours. Make sure you can show why you all *must*return at the end of the visit.
My daughter is going 3 years in her job, and my wife just started off in a new company, but still they might think its not a guarantee. We have properties in our home country and we do not have any relatives in Canada and we are just taking this opportunity to at the same time take a family vacation which we did not have for a very long time and spend time with our son just before he goes to college. Would a cover letter telling all these work for us?

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
It wouldn't hurt. Offer as much documentary proof as possible. Copies of employment contract, property details etc.