+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We Wanna Come Home!

tooyoung2bme

Oct 9, 2006
Ok, So Let me start here; I am a Canadian Citizen and I am Married (for 14yrs) To an American. We have 2 children one of which was born in Canada.We moved to Florida 8 Yrs ago for a family emergency on my wifes side. We started the sponsership for my wife but never got it finished before we moved. Now we want to come home next summer and we need to know if we have to start over again or what has to be done before we come home so that my wife and our US born child can stay,work,and go to school in Canada. Anyone know?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

tooyoung2bme said:
Ok, So Let me start here; I am a Canadian Citizen and I am Married (for 14yrs) To an American. We have 2 children one of which was born in Canada.We moved to Florida 8 Yrs ago for a family emergency on my wifes side. We started the sponsership for my wife but never got it finished before we moved. Now we want to come home next summer and we need to know if we have to start over again or what has to be done before we come home so that my wife and our US born child can stay,work,and go to school in Canada. Anyone know?
1. You will have to start over, see: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/fc.html for the sponsorship of your wife.
2. Assuming that you were a Canadian at the time of your US child's birth, the child is a Canadian and does not have to be sponsored. Apply for a temp passport and proof of citizenship http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/applications/certif2.html
3. You will have to include a statement with your application that once your spouse is issued a PR visa, that you will be returning to Canada. It should include what you have done in relation to a job/house/shool search.

PMM

Carmonagirl86

Apr 11, 2016
Child born in Canada and leaves in abroad wants to come back home

My son born here in Canada and send him to my family in the Philippines when his 1yr old, now his 18yrs old he wants to come back home what I need to do bring him back here in Canada. Please help me out

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
He is a Canadian citizen because he was born in Canada (unless you were a diplomat in Canada at the time of his birth). Therefore he just has to apply for his Canadian passport, and then can come to Canada whenever he wants.