+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

we never declared a child on my wifes application for permanent res

barrett2000

Aug 15, 2012
My wife is from the philippines and I sponcered her to come to to Canada. On my wifes application we didn t put one of her kids on the application because when she was a kid they changed her birth cert. so she could get health benafits from her grandfathers health plan because he had a good job at a local company. I guess we were scared that my wifes appication being denied or being tied up forever. we miss are kids and know what will happen if we apply for her premanent res.

thank you for any help

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
Undeclared and un-examined children or spouses are barred from sponsorship. They cannot ever be sponsored to Canada as dependents or spouses. Adopting the child without creating a genuine parent-child relationship will also be refused, and if you do and CIC figures out she is your wife's undeclared child, your wife could be reported for misrepresentation and become liable to being stripped of her own PR status.

goodman36

Jul 19, 2012
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Your best bet may be for her to come here through another route, which doesn't have any connection to you or to your wife.

May be she can get married to a Canadian or she may come here with a work permit (such as a care giver) etc.

Don't make things complicated for yourself.

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
If she applied under one of the provincial nominee programmes that might be the fastest way.

jmichael11

Dec 10, 2012
HELP PLEASe during petition application i did not declare my children and wife

hi any concerns regarding the undeclared children and wife.

is there any possibility that I can sponsor them?
I did not declare them during the application of my petition of my mom 2010
during that time I got 3 kids they use my surnae and I am not married. so at the year 2011 of November I went back home to marry my wife..
the thing is I am a landed immigrant and I miss them a lot so is it too early to decide
to sponsor them now?or tell the immigration that I got 3 kids and I got married after I came here?
im still confuse about these guys please help me..

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
Re: HELP PLEASe during petition application i did not declare my children and wife

jmichael11 said:

during that time I got 3 kids they use my surnae and I am not married. so at the year 2011 of November I went back home to marry my wife..
the thing is I am a landed immigrant and I miss them a lot so is it too early to decide
to sponsor them now?or tell the immigration that I got 3 kids and I got married after I came here?
If you didn't declare your children or wife on your PR application, you can never sponsor them. Same applies for your wife if you were in a qualifying common-law relationship according to Canadian law at the time of your landing.

The fact you aren't sure you want to sponsor your own children is a little weird, to be honest.

How did you come to Canada and when? How old are the children?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Re: HELP PLEASe during petition application i did not declare my children and wife

jmichael11 said:

No - you can never sponsor them.

You lied in your application and failed to declare them. As a result, they can never be sponsored.

I don't see a way out of this for you. Because of the age of your children, CIC will know you lied one way or the other. Since you lied, you've actually put your own PR status in jeopardy. If CIC finds out you committed misrepresentation, they could revoke (cancel) your PR status.

jmichael11

Dec 10, 2012
my kids are 4 years old,3 years old,and 2 years old and i am 26 yrs young.
i landed here as a PR in 2010.im single not married.then when i went back in the philippines in 2011 i married her.
so is there any ways that i can sponsor them?using a lawyer when im a citizen already?
do my parents, brother and sister has to do with this?cause we are in the same applications.

jmichael11

Dec 10, 2012
my mom sponsor us as a whole family me my dad my sister my brother.i am the eldest so i am already 23 years old if i remember the visa came out.
i got already 3 kids back then.at that time we are having some problems with the girl(my wife now)we are seperated in that time.and then when my came out my decision is i will change my life here.when times goes by realized that i need them here and i want them to have a good future.
i dont know what to do cause i am alone here in alberta and my parents are in vancouver.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It doesn't matter what your reasons, the fact is you lied in your PR application. As a result, they can never be sponsored.

If you really missed them, why don't you go back to the country they are residing, living together as a family?

amikety

VIP Member
Dec 4, 2011
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-01-2013
AOR Received.
2-2-2013
Med's Done....
12-10-2012
Passport Req..
9-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
7-08-2013
LANDED..........
7-08-2013
jmichael11 said:
my mom sponsor us as a whole family me my dad my sister my brother.i am the eldest so i am already 23 years old if i remember the visa came out.
i got already 3 kids back then.at that time we are having some problems with the girl(my wife now)we are seperated in that time.and then when my came out my decision is i will change my life here.when times goes by realized that i need them here and i want them to have a good future.
i dont know what to do cause i am alone here in alberta and my parents are in vancouver.
You can talk to a lawyer if you want, but I think you're open a can of worms. If you didn't declare your children, then you lied. That can get you removed from Canada. No more PR. If you wish to risk this... That's your choice.

It doesn't matter how much you miss your kids. YOU excluded them by not declaring them.

Your mother and siblings cannot help the children unless you and your wife pass away and the children are under the age of 18.

Ja_Sy

Sep 23, 2012
jmichael11 said:
my kids are 4 years old,3 years old,and 2 years old and i am 26 yrs young.
i landed here as a PR in 2010.im single not married.then when i went back in the philippines in 2011 i married her.
so is there any ways that i can sponsor them?using a lawyer when im a citizen already?
do my parents, brother and sister has to do with this?cause we are in the same applications.

You did not declared them prior to your move in Canada.. there was mispresentation on your previous PR application before.

For you to understand what we are saying.. Please take time to read this link..

http://www.cba.org/cba/cle/pdf/Rubinoff2.pdf

Hope it will help a lot..

CdnRNUSN

Star Member
Mar 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Los Angeles
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 30 2012
Doc's Request.
Jan 9 2013
AOR Received.
July 20 2012
File Transfer...
July 31 2012
Med's Done....
March 22 2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jan 9 2013
when we did our applications we read that even if the children don't come into the country you have to declare all the dependents. My husband has children from previous relationships that he is does not have communication with and he still declared them. We attempted to obtain a medical from the children but both declined. So basically we had them sign waivers to any future opportunities to be sponsored into Canada under the family class.We haven't heard yet about his application asides from the fact that they have rec'd it. We are now on stage 2 awaiting my husbands approval. Still crossing our fingers!

CanadianJeepGuy

Champion Member
Jun 24, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
N/A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-05-2012; "In Process" 26-04-2013
Doc's Request.
docs and pics resent 04-09-2012
AOR Received.
16-08-2012 (Unofficial. Received email missing docs)
File Transfer...
09-10-2012
Med's Request
April 14th 2013
Med's Done....
Dec 2011; re-med May 06 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
May 06 2013
VISA ISSUED...
May 27 2013
LANDED..........
June 15th 2013
I think the only thing he can do is not declare that his kids are his kids. If he immigrated here as a single person then went back to the Philippines and met and married his wife then they could just claim that her kids are from another father. He would have to then adopt his own kids. More lies but I don't see any other way.