+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We have to do something they are creating an artificial backlog in the MIFI with the CSQ.

pepino99

May 17, 2019
Before it was between 25 and 30 labor days , today is like 100 and 120 labor days , this is a way to artificially Lower the infmigrinmi from the party CAQ (Coalition avenir Québec) we must complain, if we don't do that we will have our permanent resident for sponsorship visa in two years not 12 months.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
I agree 100% but I think Quebec doesn't care about immigration anymore, they cancelled thousands of skilled worker applications already https://www.cicnews.com/2019/06/quebec-passes-legislation-cancelling-thousands-of-pending-skilled-worker-applications-0612413.html#gs.8j04g3
Why is that? I called today and heard a message saying if you are affected by the new law, press this number to get your refund.

This is not a good look. I didn’t even know what party is in power I thought it was PQ. I don’t care for politics but I don’t want it to affect my life. I honestly never thought a delay in the application would be due to stupid politics. It better not affect family sponsorship. Isn’t it against human rights to separate families? If it’s an artificial backlog, then this is something else...

Last edited:

Grace2019

Aug 14, 2019
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Why is that? I called today and heard a message saying if you are affected by the new law, press this number to get your refund.

This is not a good look. I didn’t even know what party is in power I thought it was PQ. I don’t care for politics but I don’t want it to affect my life. I honestly never thought a delay in the application would be due to stupid politics. It better not affect family sponsorship. Isn’t it against human rights to separate families? If it’s an artificial backlog, then this is something else...

What do you mean ? Family sponsorship is affected ? What refund are you talking about ?

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
I never said it affects. I said it better not. Those who applied for FSW never thought there applications could be cancelled. The prime minister has expressed a desire to lower by 20% the target amount of immigrants in every categories, including family reunification. But until now, immigration is under federal jurisdiction so it’s not affected until Trudeau gives him Oreo power. So all they do for now is create a backlog to delay.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
I never said it affects. I said it better not. Those who applied for FSW never thought there applications could be cancelled. The prime minister has expressed a desire to lower by 20% the target amount of immigrants in every categories, including family reunification. But until now, immigration is under federal jurisdiction so it’s not affected until Trudeau gives him Oreo power. So all they do for now is create a backlog to delay.
Quebec already has control of Economic category immigration quotas at Federal stage and CAQ govt. has already reduced the quotas thats why processing time in Federal stage have shot up from 15, 17 to 23 months now for Quebec skilled workers.

Quebec is now asking for full control of all categories and it stands to be seen if Quebec pandering politicians will give full control to Quebec.

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Quebec already has control of Economic category immigration quotas at Federal stage and CAQ govt. has already reduced the quotas thats why processing time in Federal stage have shot up from 15, 17 to 23 months now for Quebec skilled workers.

Quebec is now asking for full control of all categories and it stands to be seen if Quebec pandering politicians will give full control to Quebec.
Quebec pandering politicians^

Well, you summed up the concern I was raising. For now, family reunification is only affected by the backlog.But it would be naive to ignore the CAQ ulterior motives in terms of immigration.

ncat99

Jan 22, 2019
Quebec pandering politicians^

Well, you summed up the concern I was raising. For now, family reunification is only affected by the backlog.But it would be naive to ignore the CAQ ulterior motives in terms of immigration.
Its a long game CAQ is playing & by the looks of it, CAQ will get a second term too. Always remember, CAQ is PQ in disguise :)

LastMoment

Jan 24, 2018
90 working days passed since the day I received the confirmation letter (4 months in total) each time I call they ask me a series of verification questions then simply they direct me to their webpage (why do you ask people all these questions if you are not going to give them a personal informations!!! )

Is anyone tried before to file a complaint throw (commissaire aux plaintes) online/ by Phone or by post ?
http://www.mifi.gouv.qc.ca/fr/ministere/ecrire.html

Laurahd

Jun 26, 2019
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
15-10-2019
AOR Received.
03-12-2019
Med's Done....
23-10-2019
Its a long game CAQ is playing & by the looks of it, CAQ will get a second term too. Always remember, CAQ is PQ in disguise :)
Very true!!

What you mean by the looks of it? What makes you say that? Haven’t followed Quebec politics in years so I didn’t know about caq. From what I understood, they are like PQ but dont push any referendum or separation agenda?