+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements" and more...

wambaozhixing

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
05-07-2019
AOR Received.
28-08-2019
File Transfer...
20-09-2019
Med's Request
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
27-09-2019
Hi everyone,

I have seen threads with the same question as the one I'm about to ask, but they're either old, or they get spammed with irrelevant questions by other people, not contributing to the thread itself. Therefore, I wanted to re-ask this question as I never got a definite answer on it.

Anyways, my application status shows the following:

Review of eligibility
We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.

Review of medical results
September 27, 2019 You passed the medical exam.

Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.

Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics
We need your fingerprints to process your application. Check your messages below for details.

Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
To clarify: The bold parts are what changed recently. And I don't know how long it's going to take before I move to the next stage. What is the next stage exactly and in which stage am I in right now? Estimates or time ranges would be very welcome here.

Our application is being processed in the Vienna office.

P.S: I have given my biometrics and they're properly recorded when I search for them using the biometric finder tool. It's just that the message isn't updating there. My biometric info can also be seen from the application tracker page under Applicant information (the same page as the quoted information above).

Thank you!

Last edited:

GodSend

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
No one will be able to give you a proper answer because everyones situation is unique. Some people seem to fly right through, others get stuck. We did our medical exams in March (submitted in late January).. and from March till September there was not a single update. Some people get biometrics and medical requests up front and then wait for months.. some wait for months and then get the requests quickly at the end.

Basically expect at SOME point in the future to a) be asked for more information or b) to get a pre arrival letter which just lets you know than you can access some of Canadas pre arrival services/training. Some say that the pre arrival lets you know you are close to the end, and that you can expect a request for your passport shortly (sometimes in a few days) and others have got a pre arrival and then waited another 6 months...

When did you apply, and from what country? My PA is from Philippines. It *aVERAGES* 12 months.. which means for every person that gets it in 3-4 months, some pour soul will be waiting 18+ months.

Your best bet is to fill everything out completely, don't give them things they don't need, and hope for the best.

GodSend

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Just to follow up on the biometrics. PA did her biometrics in late march. The details showed up in CIC portal right away, with date it was completed, biometrics number, expiry, etc etc yet the status still read "We have yet receive your fingerprints" in the portal. It was like that till September. I emailed them 3 times (each time waiting the 30 business days) without a response, and even called the CIC. They were unable to help or offer ANY advice at all. Evenually in early September (the same day PA received her pre arrival letter) the status changed to "Biometrics Completed, January 2019" … which was wrong, but I was happy to take any moral victory I could :|

wambaozhixing

Star Member
Jan 28, 2016
Visa Office......
Vienna
App. Filed.......
05-07-2019
AOR Received.
28-08-2019
File Transfer...
20-09-2019
Med's Request
05-09-2019
Med's Done....
27-09-2019
No one will be able to give you a proper answer because everyones situation is unique. Some people seem to fly right through, others get stuck. We did our medical exams in March (submitted in late January).. and from March till September there was not a single update. Some people get biometrics and medical requests up front and then wait for months.. some wait for months and then get the requests quickly at the end.

Basically expect at SOME point in the future to a) be asked for more information or b) to get a pre arrival letter which just lets you know than you can access some of Canadas pre arrival services/training. Some say that the pre arrival lets you know you are close to the end, and that you can expect a request for your passport shortly (sometimes in a few days) and others have got a pre arrival and then waited another 6 months...

When did you apply, and from what country? My PA is from Philippines. It *aVERAGES* 12 months.. which means for every person that gets it in 3-4 months, some pour soul will be waiting 18+ months.

Your best bet is to fill everything out completely, don't give them things they don't need, and hope for the best.
Thanks for the response! They received my application in July and I got AOR in early September. I'm just worried that I didn't get an email after my medical passed. This email was supposed to be a ghost update which basically means IP1.

According to this thread I was supposed to have my Background Check status set to something else indicating that it's not in progress (read the thread). I'm just wondering if there's anything wrong.

Also emailed them about the biometrics and they responded within the day saying that "My application was returned to the queue"... Whatever this means. Why wasn't it in the queue to begin with?

GodSend

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Its very hard to map your application to others, as the steps do not always happen in the same sequence or spacing. Be careful of people who seem to be experts here. The last note on the first post in that thread says it all :

Remember that these are not "official" stages, but they are used frequently throughout the forum to track the processing of applications.