+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements

Kr02612

Jun 15, 2019
Hello everyone
I'm new to this website.
I've applied for a study permit online from the Netherlands on 27th of May. When I applied, the processing time was 1 week. Even after that, it was the same. But after 2 weeks, it changed to 5 weeks. It shows in my CIC account that they are reviewing my eligibility requirements since two weeks (started on 30th May) and also processing my background check (started on 28th May) . So should I believe that they are working on my application since it's showing, "we are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements" and if yes, generally how much time does it take to review eligibility requirements? Because I believe that Canada visa offices in Europe don't get much visa applications. Then what can be the reason to get stuck in review of eligibility since two weeks.

Strygald

Mar 15, 2019
Hello everyone
I'm new to this website.
I've applied for a study permit online from the Netherlands on 27th of May. When I applied, the processing time was 1 week. Even after that, it was the same. But after 2 weeks, it changed to 5 weeks. It shows in my CIC account that they are reviewing my eligibility requirements since two weeks (started on 30th May) and also processing my background check (started on 28th May) . So should I believe that they are working on my application since it's showing, "we are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements" and if yes, generally how much time does it take to review eligibility requirements? Because I believe that Canada visa offices in Europe don't get much visa applications. Then what can be the reason to get stuck in review of eligibility since two weeks.
Sorry to be negative but, in my opinion the processing times are useless and misinformative. Yes sure, if you have a really simple and straightforward case you can probably expect that you'll be processed within 60 days, which is their service standard. So ask yourself, do you think you have a straightforward case? if so then i'm sure you'll get a decision soon. The UK office was also showing processing times of 1 week recently but I still have nothing after 31 weeks, just the same "we are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements", and they don't even dignify my enquiries with replies anymore :p

If there's even the slightest complexity with your case then they will likely get other departments involved, such as CBSA and CSIS, etc.. which will dramatically increase processing times. The officer assigned to your case may also pass your case on to a more experienced, but just as slow..probably slower, officer for a secondary review if they can't handle it.

I hope you get a good decision soon though!

Reactions: Yvee

Kr02612

Jun 15, 2019
Sorry to be negative but, in my opinion the processing times are useless and misinformative. Yes sure, if you have a really simple and straightforward case you can probably expect that you'll be processed within 60 days, which is their service standard. So ask yourself, do you think you have a straightforward case? if so then i'm sure you'll get a decision soon. The UK office was also showing processing times of 1 week recently but I still have nothing after 31 weeks, just the same "we are reviewing whether you meet eligibility requirements", and they don't even dignify my enquiries with replies anymore :p

If there's even the slightest complexity with your case then they will likely get other departments involved, such as CBSA and CSIS, etc.. which will dramatically increase processing times. The officer assigned to your case may also pass your case on to a more experienced, but just as slow..probably slower, officer for a secondary review if they can't handle it.

I hope you get a good decision soon though!
Thank you for your reply. I guess my case is pretty straightforward since I have no criminal background or anything. Paid one semester fees and have sufficient bank balance with proof of source. Even I also raised a query about the longer processing time but their reply was not satisfying. I am sorry to hear that your application is taking such long. And lets hope we will get desired result after waiting longer than others.