+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

"We are processing your background check" straight after AoR.

Tomifonication

Star Member
Jul 2, 2017
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Hi all,

The day after I received my AOR I checked, and saw that my current status says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Is this incorrect? It would appear I'm in IP2 right after AoR, but I've not yet passed the medicals etc.

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I'm applying via CEC and previously lived and worked in Canada on the IEC Holiday visa.

AutumnLeaves

Mar 25, 2018
ip1... this message usually shows to those who had prior canadian work experience. it will remain like this until ppr. best of luck

you should wait for about 40 days for MEP, after mep or along with mep you get your R10.

Alicialeigh

Star Member
Jan 9, 2019
Category........
CEC
Hi Tomifonication. I have the exact same situation as you, same update & application circumstances, etc. I thought medicals were the first thing to be cleared before the background checks commence? Also, does this mean our applications have at least been accepted as complete?

Peacekeeper87

Champion Member
Jul 18, 2018
NOC Code......
Hi all,

The day after I received my AOR I checked, and saw that my current status says "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information."

Is this incorrect? It would appear I'm in IP2 right after AoR, but I've not yet passed the medicals etc.

I'm not sure if it's relevant, but I'm applying via CEC and previously lived and worked in Canada on the IEC Holiday visa.
Since the new biometrics requirements, background check statuses hold no value whatsoever in determining the stage.
It shows that status because they are able to process your background check from the very beginning with fingerprints. They share them with some countries and look you up. It's completely normal.
So-called IP1/IP2 are not to be looked into to try and understand the process.

gulraizhanif

Feb 4, 2019
I have got the same message directly after AOR. However I have no prior canadian experience or education. How is this possible? I believe they are giving same message to everyone these days

Varunaimar

Jan 25, 2018
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
18-03-2018
AOR Received.
20-05-2018
IELTS Request
29-12-2017
Med's Done....
08-05-2018
Passport Req..
20-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
04-10-2018
LANDED..........
26-04-2019
I have got the same message directly after AOR. However I have no prior canadian experience or education. How is this possible? I believe they are giving same message to everyone these days
As @Peacekeeper87 mentioned, it holds no value in the current scenario. Just take it as your file as begun it's journey and wait for the end.

osarobon1

Jul 24, 2019
i submitted my document at vfs and it was re-applying and on the date of jun 26th and and my passport was sent for pick up on July 19th so i have to link my account and is showing
Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.
Review of eligibility We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
Review of medical results You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documents We do not need additional documents.
Interview You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
Biometrics We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background check We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.
Final decision Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made

can someone tell me what will be the next step and how long will it take to get my PPR please if any idea? abd i supposed to leave the country on the 31th July i have made my hotel reservation can someone tell me what to do next please?

Sukh star

Aug 16, 2019
Hi all,

Hi what was your application decision bcz i am in the same boat