+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

We are on PR in Canada but my sisters in law applied asylum.Are we going to have any problem?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
The reason for posting this thread that we are travelling outside Canada for around 2 months. Would it be any issue on our way back in Canada immigration? I mean can Canadian Immigration refuse our entry in Canada or something like that?
Will no effect your re-entry or citizenship. The effect may be felt by other family members of both you and your wife. Your wife’s family members will have more difficulty. There will be concerns that others also intend to remain in Canada. Other family members applying for PR are fine.

Reactions: handsomeplayer

handsomeplayer

Nov 22, 2014
Thanks everyone for responding. Appreciate all your efforts.

I even called CIC few days ago and asked the same thing as well and they have said the same thing that it shouldn't effect on us.

But any suggestion If I should speak to some lawyer?

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016

I even called CIC few days ago and asked the same thing as well and they have said the same thing that it shouldn't effect on us.

No need as you have also confirmed the same from CIC help centre/agent. Doing that may cost you some unnecessary spending. Just make sure your PR card and travel document/passport are valid whenever you're embarking on the journey.

Reactions: handsomeplayer

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12

There is no need to speak to a lawyer. Their asylum claim has zero effect on you. It has nothing to do with your status, nothing to do with your entry into Canada, nothing to do with you at all.

As mentioned, the effect would be on others from the family who will face higher scrutiny in their TRV apps because they are related to asylum seekers.