WAY TO GET 3 YEAR WORK PERMIT FOR PG STUDENTS 8 MONTH COURSE + 4 MONTH COURSE =

J5M

Champion Member
May 15, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

LuvDuggal said:
I came in JANUARY 2014 and took MASTERS IN INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY MANAGEMENT in Concordia University College of Alberta and my STUDY PERMIT is valid till April 2016 , now i have taken 12 courses and got 36 CREDITS. but there is an issue with research work so i am planning to take diploma instead of MASTERS that is an 18 credits course(out of 36) which will end in December 2014

Now i am taking Certificate/Credit course of 8 months of Network Technician in SAIT. that is a 33 Credit course which begins in (April 2015 - December 2015)

Total Credits 36 (Diploma + 18 extra) + 33 credits(Sait certificate) = 69 credits

5 semesters in total ( 3 in diploma and 2 in certificate)

Questions

1. What are the chances of getting 3 years post grad work permit?

2. Can i work full time in between two courses (jan 2015 - april 2015)?

3. Do i have to apply for new study permit when i take up a new course?

1. 60+ credits are enough for 3 years PGWP.
2. You can work full time provided you have a valid WP.
3. If you take a new course before expiry of WP, you will have to apply for a new SP.

Nirav1218

Oct 10, 2014
Hi if i do ISM one year PG course (total 42 credits ) at fanshawe college and then if i apply for another 1 year PG course then will i get 3 year work permit ?

and One more quetion :

may i take any business related course after Information security management as i did Master of computer science in information technology . will they reject my visa because my study profile is related to computer .
because my sister and brother in law have business (3 provisional store in ontario) ... so i can get easily Job offer letter from them. OR it is restricted to study out of your field ? must i take computer related course after 1 year (Information security management ) PG course . :(
please guys reply

amolak22

Star Member
Dec 12, 2014
patiala, punjab, india
Visa Office......
vfs chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12-02-2015
IELTS Request
6.5 bands
Interview........
no interview
VISA ISSUED...
19-02-2015
my friend is on 3 years pgwp and did same 1 year project mgt from fanshawe colj and 4 months course and he got 3 year wk....this rule apply within ontario

luvly3

Star Member
Jun 4, 2014
amolak22 said:
my friend is on 3 years pgwp and did same 1 year project mgt from fanshawe colj and 4 months course and he got 3 year wk....this rule apply within ontario
You are correct , I also know of people who did same but it's not 100% certain it depends on the V.o handling d application some people get 1.5 or 2 years work permit of recent.. It's pretty much 80% certain... I intend doing same next fall, hopefully I will get 3 years PGWP...

psag

Sep 15, 2014
Hello everyone dere

Just wanted to ask if there is someone who applied for the work permit, after GAS and got 1.5 yrs on work permit?? Coz in my batch most of the students got 3 yrs except a few ended up with 1.5 yrs. I am one of them. I also heard some students approached the Indian Embassy for the same issue. Your feedback will be appreciated..

Thanks

Shame Niagara

Jul 16, 2015
Okay so all you students applying for Niagara GAS program must know that. Recently the college has not been abiding by the rules of the immigration system. The college mislead the students and more than 500 students mostly from Asia have been refused to be given the PGWP. This came as a shocking news to all but sadly it is true.
The reason for this refusal has been because the Immigration has started deeming this course as a distance learning program. Niagara college stated to all students saying there is no difference between Online and In-class course. But Immigration doesn't count online as inclass and thus has refused all the courses.

More than 100 individual cases has been filed against the Niagara college for fraud and misleading. Students have been granted visa before in the past but guess what !! Niagara was always under investigation but never changed its guidelines and thus by taking the international fees the college was making money till now and playing with students and their future.

The current semester because of this issue got only 25 local Canadian students in this program. You will be hearing about this issue in World Media by tomorrow.

Jitu1011

Aug 23, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
NEW DELHI
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-05-2012
Doc's Request.
Reached Sydney 18-05-2012/ PER 4 June 2012
AOR Received.
20-JUNE-2012
IELTS Request
7.5 (Sent with application)
File Transfer...
20-June-2012
Med's Request
14-AUG-2012
Med's Done....
25-AUG-2012/ Medical Line updated on Ecas 7Oct2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-AUG-2012
VISA ISSUED...
31st- Oct - 2012
LANDED..........
15th Nov 2012
Shame Niagara said:
Okay so all you students applying for Niagara GAS program must know that. Recently the college has not been abiding by the rules of the immigration system. The college mislead the students and more than 500 students mostly from Asia have been refused to be given the PGWP. This came as a shocking news to all but sadly it is true.
The reason for this refusal has been because the Immigration has started deeming this course as a distance learning program. Niagara college stated to all students saying there is no difference between Online and In-class course. But Immigration doesn't count online as inclass and thus has refused all the courses.

More than 100 individual cases has been filed against the Niagara college for fraud and misleading. Students have been granted visa before in the past but guess what !! Niagara was always under investigation but never changed its guidelines and thus by taking the international fees the college was making money till now and playing with students and their future.

The current semester because of this issue got only 25 local Canadian students in this program. You will be hearing about this issue in World Media by tomorrow.
I don't think naigara has ever played foul or said there is no difference in in-class and online; obviously that comparison has to be treated for study purposes and not immigration as CIC never tell anyone how they treat a transcript.

also, Most of students opt Niagara not for building future, they want study permit extension and time-off from studies to earn cash and at same time a certificate which can make them qualify for 3 years work permit.

Short-cut is always risky.. not to cry now. Look for better job or PNP.

dental15

Oct 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
amolak22 said:
Please, explain more. I mean, when I ask to other ineternational students, they said that everyone must take 2 years course or one year(certificate) + one year (certificate) = it will lead to 2years pgwp or 3 years pgwp(it depends on immigration officer). I hope, your information is not misleading or wrong information.

sandhu2012

Star Member
Jan 18, 2016
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
HI. I have done MBA in HR and have 4 years of experience. Am I eligible to take a course in International Business or Global Business Management. Also, if I take up a course that is of 8 months, will I be getting work visa for 8 months or 1 year.

Thanks

Teja K

Aug 24, 2018
There has been a new rule, where if you have a Bachelor's degree from India, and after studying ANY PG certificate course in Canada of atleast 1 acd. year/min. 2 semesters, and then if you pursue a 4 months/ 1 semester- 1.e the final semester of GAS-General Arts and Science (2 years diploma), under some kind of credit transfer clause ..you will be seen as equivalent to a 2 academic year study in Canada and hence will be eligible for 3 years PGWP.This GAS (General Arts and Science last sem diploma credit transfer option) is only offered at Niagara and fanshawe College. So, After fishing your 1 year PG course in any community college, you should head to Niagara or fanshawe college and follow this option... It costs just approx 6,000$ (instead of doing a full 1 acd year course for 12-14,000$ in Ontario colleges). Once you join this course, in that mean time..you can start looking/keep applying for long term internships, jobs, applying to placement agencies...and after this course and 3 years PGWP, you will have enough time to pursue career+ immigration and hopefully will land a good skilled job.
God Bless you brother ! I’ve been looking for answers to this since many days and i have got not time so i was worried as hell ! Thanks for this valuable information, please let me know if this method is still in practice in 2018 . Thank you .

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
God Bless you brother ! I’ve been looking for answers to this since many days and i have got not time so i was worried as hell ! Thanks for this valuable information, please let me know if this method is still in practice in 2018 . Thank you .
Be careful with this, in 2014 immigration was not strict with the rules, even most private college students got PGWP back then, they are very strict now.

Reactions: Teja K

Teja K

Aug 24, 2018
Be careful with this, in 2014 immigration was not strict with the rules, even most private college students got PGWP back then, they are very strict now.
Okay.... but what if i complete two 1 year PGdm programs back to back ? Will i get a 3year work permit and if yes then what’s the procedure ? And is there any catch ? I mean risks associated with it .... if you have any idea pleaase let me know . I’m counting minutes right now !...

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Okay.... but what if i complete two 1 year PGdm programs back to back ? Will i get a 3year work permit and if yes then what’s the procedure ? And is there any catch ? I mean risks associated with it .... if you have any idea pleaase let me know . I’m counting minutes right now !...
Read the section on validity in this link, nothing is ever guaranteed of course

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/temporary-residents/study-permits/post-graduation-work-permit-program.html

Reactions: Teja K