+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Way out to get my PR CARD Renewal

moonz

Jun 4, 2016
Hello Everyone,
I need your help with my current Situation. I got my PR in 2008, stayed in the country for 1st 5 years and I have applied for renewal and got my new PR in 2013 and I have been outside Canada since then and have NOT completed my obligation as I had left Canada in 2013.
Right now I entered Canada before my PR Card expired in May 2018 and had no problems at the Airport. I am right now in Canada with my expired PR Card.
I am a Single Mother with my daughter who is a Canadian Citizen. She has started her Schooling here in Canada.
Due my expired PR Card I am unable to take any benefits from the Government, as they require a Valid PR Card for everything. No MSP either.
Also, my intention is to stay in Canada and Live here for myself and my Daughter.

So, my question is,
* Can I apply for my PR Card and on the basis of my Daughter's Future(Since that was my primary goal to come to Canada) and expect an approval or at least a stay in the country for 2 years with the Basic benefits, like MSP. Also, bcoz Medical is really expensive here.
Or will my status as a PR be at Risk.

* Is there any other way to convince MSP for this, as the MSP website says that we can also show the Landing papers as proof of Status(PR) in Canada.
As, I understand that my PR status is still Valid.

Please let me know if anyone can we give any suggestions, It will be helpful.

Thanks!

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Hello Everyone,
I need your help with my current Situation. I got my PR in 2008, stayed in the country for 1st 5 years and I have applied for renewal and got my new PR in 2013 and I have been outside Canada since then and have NOT completed my obligation as I had left Canada in 2013.
Right now I entered Canada before my PR Card expired in May 2018 and had no problems at the Airport. I am right now in Canada with my expired PR Card.
I am a Single Mother with my daughter who is a Canadian Citizen. She has started her Schooling here in Canada.
Due my expired PR Card I am unable to take any benefits from the Government, as they require a Valid PR Card for everything. No MSP either.
Also, my intention is to stay in Canada and Live here for myself and my Daughter.

So, my question is,
* Can I apply for my PR Card and on the basis of my Daughter's Future(Since that was my primary goal to come to Canada) and expect an approval or at least a stay in the country for 2 years with the Basic benefits, like MSP. Also, bcoz Medical is really expensive here.
Or will my status as a PR be at Risk.

* Is there any other way to convince MSP for this, as the MSP website says that we can also show the Landing papers as proof of Status(PR) in Canada.
As, I understand that my PR status is still Valid.

Please let me know if anyone can we give any suggestions, It will be helpful.

Thanks!
You are looking at at least 2 years without a valid PR card now. You will have to gain 730+ days of physical residence before you can apply for renewal, or you will almost certainly eventually lose your PR status.

Reactions: YVR123

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Despite the MSP website says about showing landing papers as proof of status, their letter and ICBC staff said we have to wait to show them the PR card in order to complete the registration.

moonz

Jun 4, 2016
Thank You Guys for your replies... This is helpful.. Yes Steaky, you are Right.
Not sure if there is a way out, instead of waiting for the 730+ days of physical residence, which I am trying to figure out.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank You Guys for your replies... This is helpful.. Yes Steaky, you are Right.
Not sure if there is a way out, instead of waiting for the 730+ days of physical residence, which I am trying to figure out.
Why were you outside of Canada? Why didn't you meet the residency requirement?

Josh2016

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
MSP will require PR card but not OHIP, based on someone experience. However, you could talk to the officer that you have been 3 months with proof, you should be able to enrol on health care.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
MSP will require PR card but not OHIP, based on someone experience. However, you could talk to the officer that you have been 3 months with proof, you should be able to enrol on health care.
OHIP is not really helpful when you live in BC:). Unfortunately there are consequences if you've been out of Canada since 2011. Frustrating that managed not to get reported when entering Canada.

Josh2016

Star Member
Oct 1, 2015
Yes, OHIP is for Ontario, so
OHIP is not really helpful when you live in BC:). Unfortunately there are consequences if you've been out of Canada since 2011. Frustrating that managed not to get reported when entering Canada.
Yes, OHIP is for Ontario so choosing right province in that situation could be easier.