+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

wat hapen at border what we have to do

hani

May 31, 2007
hi i have to land next month i m wondering how can i make lists of goods and can some one who just landed from u s tell me everything how to apply for pr card and medical card ,info about univercities, where to stay how long we must have to stay what questions were asked at the border ,i will apriciate if some one share his/her expireince i m a u s green card holder and want to come back to u s for some time that my child can complete the class and then want to go to canada and settle there .what questions were asked at border and answers also ,how to find a place to live for 15 days to 1 month
thanks

choizzy

Jun 11, 2007
Hi Hani,

I will try to answers on some of your inquiries, but i am not from US when I landed here:

1. Goods to bring- there are 2 forms that you have to fill up - one form is Personal Effects Accounting Department - lists all the goods that you will bring along with you stating no. of pcs and value in Cdn.If you have some personal effects that you will import used the Personal Effects Accounting Document (list of godds imported) , stating also no. of pcs and value.
2. How to get PR - i dont what is the procedure in other borders, here in Toronto when we landed, there is a separate line for new landed immigrants and we have asked to go a separate area where you will wait your name to be called and an immigration officer will asked your COPR(confirmation of permanent residence), and photos ( i think now a days, photos are taken same time when you landed) . Then the officer will ask your address here in Canada or the address where you will stay because that is the address where they will mail your PR card. Normally it will take 2-3 weeks from the date you landed. You have to wait for your PR because you cannot re-enter Canada without this card. (I dont know with your situation if you need PR to come back since you are from US)
3. Medical Card - it depends on what city you will land. If here in Ontario, it is (OHIP) card Ontario Health Card. You can check on this website: www.health.gov.on.ca. You can apply right away after you have settled.

Regarding your questions on where to stay, i have no idea in what place or province you intended to land. You can search in the internet, anyway.

Hope i help you in some ways...

hani

May 31, 2007
hi thanks for your reply we are planing to come to toranto from u s by road ,pleaseive me some info and your experience at border and after how many days you came back o u s aand how long you have to wait for pr card and medical card,please let me know how to prepare list of goods
thanks
hani

choizzy

Jun 11, 2007
Hani,

PR- takes 3 to 4 weeks from date landed in canada
Health card - there is waiting period of 3 months to establish your residency in Ontario before you apply and issue a health card.

As per goods/docs to bring, you have to bring all important documents e.g. school credentials, immunization record of your child, etc
things to bring and to follow you can visit www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca - this is the Canada Border Services Agency - provides information on items allowed to bring in Canada
download forms B4E - forms that you will use for items in possession with you in entering Canada
B4A- forms you will use for items to follow

Hope this helps

hani

May 31, 2007
hi i am so confused what and how to make list fo goods like jewelary i have to write how many rings ear rings watches or kitchen itemes how many plates bowl spoon orfurniture table chairs cloth shoes home phones there are many many htings in a house how to make lists what to write some one please help me about it and if possible a sample list of goods ,do i have ti write the value of goods i dont have price for jewlary and many other things it will be great help
one more question isthere any problem at u s order if a gc holder of u s go canada for landing
many many thanx
hani