+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Was this a sponsorship approval or what?

tschellsi

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
My hubby got a letter in his account titled 'Eligibility passed' that reads:

Dear **********:
This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

I'm his sponsor... is this letter telling me that I am eligible to sponsor him?

saddlepatch

Star Member
Oct 1, 2012
Sun City Center, Florida
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
19-11-2018
Doc's Request.
02-26-2019
AOR Received.
21-01-2019
Med's Request
05-02-2019
Med's Done....
08-02-2019
Passport Req..
22-03-2019
I believe so, you're on to the next steps, which is the waiting game part I'm told. I think your medical exam request should be next. I could be wrong.

tschellsi

Star Member
Sep 21, 2017
I believe so, you're on to the next steps, which is the waiting game part I'm told. I think your medical exam request should be next. I could be wrong.
He already passed the medical exam months ago :) I think the only thing we are waiting on is being informed he passed criminal record check and possible interview