+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

was refused, gonna re-aply

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Based on what you said you have overcome the barrier that kept you from being approved last time, so go ahead and re-apply.

tgchi13

Nov 25, 2009
Ontario Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
NY via Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 08
File Transfer...
05 August 08
Med's Request
April 08
Med's Done....
June 08
Interview........
12 Nov 09
Passport Req..
none
VISA ISSUED...
refused Nov 09
Wouldn't the disqualification affect the sponsored parties application rather than the sponsors application? I mean, I was approved as sponsor in a conjugal application if I follow that logic if I was deemed to be in a conjugal relationship would it not then stand to reason that my partner was in a conjugal relationship?

If they looked at the burden of proof at the sponsor application stage then if I was approved as being a conjugal relationship with my partner how could my partner not be approved to be in the same relationship.

I thought that part of the analysis was done later in the process, but I now am confused (more confused/again).

ange

Star Member
Jan 8, 2009
I understand your logic, but then obviously the qualifications for cohabitations difer between Mississaugua & the embassies.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
ange said:
I understand your logic, but then obviously the qualifications for cohabitations difer between Mississaugua & the embassies.
OP is probably applying as common law and as such must show a minimum of one year of living together. If rusbear and partner already had the minimum period oh living together then they can start the application process again.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I believe that Mississauga does not evaluate the relationship itself, just the sponsorship part and the legal formalities to see that it is a complete and qualifying application. The evaluation of the relationship itself, and the merits of the application, is done at the diplomatic post.

Karlshammar

Champion Member
Sep 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
No, conjugal relationships require a 1 year period. Where did you get that idea from?