+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Was I an Employee?

Wordsworth

May 20, 2018
Hi, I'm looking to get some opinions on weather or not I was an employee.

I started working 'Part-Time' at a company in March 2017. From that point until February 2018 I was paid hourly. The business listed me as a business expense, and has all my invoices stating my worked hours/pay-stubs on record/on the books. They however did not take tax deductions/EI/CPP when paying me, so I filed my own taxes.

February this year I was put on payroll (at the same company), my hours/wage did not significantly change however now tax/EI/CPP is being taken each Pay Statement.

I will be going full time in July.

The company wants me to get PR, and will provide excellent reference/reference letter.

The company was the only job I had/place I worked.

Is this enough to prove that we had an Employee - Employer relationship?

Thanks

santhkum90

Oct 17, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-09-2017
AOR Received.
15-09-2017
Passport Req..
16-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
25-10-2017
LANDED..........
28-03-2018
Hi, I'm looking to get some opinions on weather or not I was an employee.

I started working 'Part-Time' at a company in March 2017. From that point until February 2018 I was paid hourly. The business listed me as a business expense, and has all my invoices stating my worked hours/pay-stubs on record/on the books. They however did not take tax deductions/EI/CPP when paying me, so I filed my own taxes.

February this year I was put on payroll (at the same company), my hours/wage did not significantly change however now tax/EI/CPP is being taken each Pay Statement.

I will be going full time in July.

The company wants me to get PR, and will provide excellent reference/reference letter.

The company was the only job I had/place I worked.

Is this enough to prove that we had an Employee - Employer relationship?

Thanks
If the company can provide you clearly everything in the letter, then it should be enough proof for this experience you are referring to.