+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

was Baker a good idea or how to stay in Canada?

TeddyXYZ

Star Member
Oct 1, 2013
Edmonton
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-10-2013
LANDED..........
18-06-2014
I understand that you still have your application through CEC pending?

Anyway there was an application that has been refused due to the lack of education - pretty much like your case. It's somewhere on this forum but I couldn't find it so if you have some free time and willingness feel free to look for it. To be honest you don't have nothing to worry about just take whatever will come, having AOR allows you to apply for BOWP so it's at least something.

Yes most of employers in Alberta needs to apply for LMO unless you are a pipe-fitter, welder etc. for more check here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/apply-who-permit.asp
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/work/occupations.asp

If you want to apply for AINP as a cook you will have to pass Red Seal Exam, have a job offer letter and

You must show, at the time of application, that you are either currently working in your trade for an Alberta Employer or have previously worked in your trade with an Alberta Employer for a minimum of six months in the past two years.
It's called strategic recruitment stream you can read about it here:
https://www.albertacanada.com/opportunity/immigrating/ainp-srs-compulsory-optional-trades-criteria.aspx

raagaa

Star Member
Aug 17, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-10-2013
AOR Received.
15-11-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
Med's Request
29-04-2014
Med's Done....
02-05-2014
Passport Req..
09-05-2014
VISA ISSUED...
04-06-2014
LANDED..........
---
In my opinion, move to Alberta. Look for an opportunity as soon as possible, so as to secure a provincial nomination before the rules for PNP are revised.
I think your best research should come from the PNP section of this website. Additionally you could look at provinces like NS, MB, BC... Just give a try to the PNP section, it is always a good idea to hear it from people who have the first hand experience...
Hope that helps.

maximgorlin

May 17, 2014
I went to a good immigration lawyer yesterday and he told me to stay in Toronto and wait for news from my current CeC application. He said I have a good chance to get my PR soon. He mentioned that looking for a job related to my education here would be a good idea too.

Also, he said that since I was studying and working in Ontario - it would be very hard to get a PNP nomination. Immigration officers are looking to make sure that I have more ties to the province that I'm looking to immigrate.

Hope1957

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-06-2014
LANDED..........
21-03-15
I sympathize with you on the last part of your comment and I completely understand how you feel.

We as temporary foreign workers pay our taxes and contribute to this economy and in the end we find it hard to truly "settle down" here. But what we have to understand is that we are temporary foreign workers. That's just how the program was meant to be "temporary". Due to significant abuse of the generous Canadian immigration system, a few good fellas have to bear the brunt. As unfair as it is, it is the reality.

As for your passion with baking and cooking, be prepared to explain this if the VO questions you.

Good luck!

maximgorlin said:
Hi everyone, thank you all for your replies.

Even though, canadavisa13 sounded a bit rough, his opinion is very true. I admit that I took this job because this was the first thing I found available. I called the CIC to make sure that the field of my studies does not need to be the same as the work I choose to apply under CEC. Over the phone they told me it's OK to work in a different field. Also, I personally enjoy cooking, have some experience working in high-end restaurants, catering events and just do it with passion everyday for myself. And I enjoy kitchen environment, planning to open my own restaurant in the future. That's why I never looked for another job related to Business Administration and just chose to stay in the restaurant industry. Also, my Employer made me responsible for two franchises operations, which was a valuable experience: managing two cafe's , getting experience about hiring/firing people, making everyday decisions, ordering inventory and sleepless nights when emergency at the stores happened. So please, don't assume that I did that job only for the sake of getting my PR, there was more behind it.
I could not apply as a Manager, because my income was too low for that job. I did it mostly for experience. So I made a decision to apply as a Baker.

I pay my taxes, work hard, haven't committed any crimes, have a condo in Toronto, willing to make Canada my home, having lived here for the past six years. I don't see a reason to send back home. So how can you say that I have cheated and abused the system, trying to apply as a Baker? I think it's not fair.