+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

ray86

May 6, 2021
My wife got PPR from the Warsaw VO yesterday. We applied in February 2020
Hey Zabrodov

Hope you are doing alright. May I ask if you’ve received your COPR yet? My wife also got her PPR letter from Warsaw on April 12, 2021. Any insight would help

Thanks

AllpKO

May 10, 2021
Hey Zabrodov

Hope you are doing alright. May I ask if you’ve received your COPR yet? My wife also got her PPR letter from Warsaw on April 12, 2021. Any insight would help

Thanks
When did you wife's file arrive in Warsaw - how long did it take for the review?

ray86

May 6, 2021
When did you wife's file arrive in Warsaw - how long did it take for the review?
Hey AllpKO

I’m not too sure when it actually arrived there. We sent a letter to the London VO for something related to our case on March 23rd. A few days later I checked on ECAS and it said “decision made” from “in process”. I checked with my MP and he confirmed the application was approved so I’m happy with that outcome.

And then on April 12th, 2021 my wife received her PPR letter which was from Warsaw. So it got transferred there sometime between these two dates, not sure exactly when.

AllpKO

May 10, 2021
Hey AllpKO

I’m not too sure when it actually arrived there. We sent a letter to the London VO for something related to our case on March 23rd. A few days later I checked on ECAS and it said “decision made” from “in process”. I checked with my MP and he confirmed the application was approved so I’m happy with that outcome.

And then on April 12th, 2021 my wife received her PPR letter which was from Warsaw. So it got transferred there sometime between these two dates, not sure exactly when.
That doesn't sound too bad... When did you get SA?

ray86

May 6, 2021
They're just trying to catch up; it's not following prior-to-covid standard operating procedure.
Hey Armoured,

Whats your opinion as to when I can expect the COPR to come? I understand with COVID everything is sort of “up in the air” but whats your best guess? Its been 28 days since my wife received her PPR

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hey Armoured,

Whats your opinion as to when I can expect the COPR to come? I understand with COVID everything is sort of “up in the air” but whats your best guess? Its been 28 days since my wife received her PPR
Depwnds when you submitted and where. We got ours back 2-3 weeks after sending to vfs.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Looks like a lot of horror stories from Warsaw. Anyone have anything good to say to ease my worry?
We completed the process and have nothing of note to complain about with respect to Warsaw. There was a significant delay between the file being 'transferred to Warsaw' (from the aor letter) and the acknowledgement from Warsaw, but this also fell into the covid timehole. After that was not fast, but proceeded more or less normally.

And while I limited my communications to Warsaw by email only to questions/submissions that (I thought) were of importance (only perhaps three times), and not general 'hello where's my file' inquiries, Warsaw mostly responded in reasonable timeframes and mostly with sensible answers. In the most critical inquiry (we could not travel within original COPR date due to covid), Warsaw responded very quickly and helpfully.

So, your mileage may vary, maybe we got lucky, but I have no complaints about Warsaw of note.

KARGOSA

Nov 18, 2020
Looks like a lot of horror stories from Warsaw. Anyone have anything good to say to ease my worry?
We have also had a relatively positive experience. AOR was the longest wait at 6.5 months, and then Sponsor approval two weeks after that, medical and biometrics a week after sponsor approval, medical passed a week after test completed, Pre-arrival letter 3 months later, and PPR 3 months after that. We had passed our one year timeline by a few days when I messaged them at the end of April to inquire about our stage of process. They responded within two days with the passport request letter uploaded to our online profile. We submitted the passport with all the documents requested a week after the request was sent by mail to the VAC. That was on Friday. Yesterday was a holiday for us and we just got an update that our passport has already reached the local embassy for processing.

The VAC agent on Friday estimated they could send it back as early as Thursday, but couldn't be sure and it could be longer.
Now we just wait with fingers crossed hoping this final stage does not hit any obstacles and the visa is actually granted.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
@armoured Does frequent status inquiry delay the process?
I do not know for certain but I believe it's possible it could, particularly if written communications/webmail. On top of that, I personally don't think that frequent inquiries serve any purpose at all (and most of the time you will just get a generic 'processing we will contact you response.')

Note - I'm not saying that it will delay process because they're mad at you for inquiring (although I don't rule that out either). But written communications are logged, read later, have to be responded to, etc - it creates work.

And someone here (at some time, don't recall where specifically) mentioned that they cannot take 'next steps' if there is pending correspondence ie until that correspondence is 'dealt with' (any necessary actions taken). So hypothetically - let's say they are ready to take some step with your file, AND there are ten inquiries, most of which are generic but maybe in each one there is some tiny bit of new information (probably irrelevant but perhaps not); before the officer can do anything, he/she needs to go through all of that and deal with the system and possibly make system comments/changes, etc.

And it's four pm on a friday and that officer has to pick up the kids from school and has another file WITHOUT all of this extraneous stuff and can probably be 'done' in thirty minutes. Which file do you think is going to get picked up, and which is going to get moved to the "I'll get to that when I have a solid chunk of three-four hours to work uninterrupted?" (Does that chunk of uninterrupted time ever come? Now, or in a month or two?)

So my opinion only: limit direct communications to useful communication. General "what's up?" is not useful and is not going to get you a useful answer.

You can order gcms notes - that will not hurt your application, as it is done by a different unit/people entirely. You can inquire of your MP - and most Mp's offices will limit inquiries to once in [some period of time.]

Reactions: Naila Haris