+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

Dreamer_2019

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Principal application on ECAS still shows "In process"
But after contacting the Warsaw embassy 2 days ago we received a letter from them on GCKEY asking to submit passport to VAC and stated "The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa."

The letter ended with "As you have now received a Confirmation of Permanent Residence (COPR) or have been notified to submit your travel documents in preparation for the issuance of a COPR, you are strongly encouraged to use free pre-arrival services funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)."

I suppose this means it's official and PR is approved?
Hi,
Could you please share the way you contacted the Warsaw office to ask about your file? Did you call them from Canada?
Thank you and congratulations on your PPR.

KARGOSA

Nov 18, 2020
Hi,
Could you please share the way you contacted the Warsaw office to ask about your file? Did you call them from Canada?
Thank you and congratulations on your PPR.
Hi. I did make three attempts to call them but lines were always overwhelmed and the calls were disconnected. I don't recommend calling.
Your best bet is to contact the Warsaw office through the webform. You'll need your file and uci on hand to fill in those details. I do recommend keeping your question as short as possible. When we submitted our webform question, we were met with the response that they would get back to us within 28 business days so, we weren't expecting an answer for a while but they not only responded within two days, but also sent the PPR. I can't guarantee they will always respond so quickly of course, but that was our experience.

You can click on the link below and make your way to the webform.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/contact-ircc/offices/international-visa-offices/warsaw.html

Reactions: Dreamer_2019

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Your best bet is to contact the Warsaw office through the webform.
YMMV but I had more luck with emailing warsaw at the email address from which I'd received emails from them. (Webform worked fine for routine stuff like updating info though)

Also note I never contacted warsaw with just a general 'what's up with our file' question, I don't know if they'll give more than standard 'working...' answer to general question.

Reactions: Dreamer_2019

KARGOSA

Nov 18, 2020
YMMV but I had more luck with emailing warsaw at the email address from which I'd received emails from them. (Webform worked fine for routine stuff like updating info though)

Also note I never contacted warsaw with just a general 'what's up with our file' question, I don't know if they'll give more than standard 'working...' answer to general question.
That's what we did :D
I suppose it depends on the case. We did just ask about the status of our file, but did state that we understand that they can't give us exact dates but any information as to which stage our file was in.

They responded with "Check your profile for an update" and that's where they had uploaded the PPR.

Reactions: armoured

KARGOSA

Nov 18, 2020
No, no information the Canadian citizens or PRs needed - only for the applicant(s).

The height and eye colour info - any format but include name, dob, and UCI. Probably passport number I guess. The tombstone data.
Since you've been through the process, and I just want to triple check, if you are a country that requires a visa to visit Canada you must submit your passport, but do you also need to submit photocopy of all pages?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Note, I really should have said here - follow the instructions and vfs requirements. I know we did not need to submit photocopies of Foreign travel passports. I can't recall, the vfs may have required a copy of one page of the national identity document, but don't think so. And it may vary by country.

Reactions: KARGOSA

KARGOSA

Nov 18, 2020
My wife just took her photos taken for PPR and I saw the photographer stamped their address on the back of BOTH photos. Does anyone know if this will cause issues?

KARGOSA

Nov 18, 2020
Almost certainly won't be a problem.
Thanks.
Well, we submitted the passport with all requested documents. The VAC in Ukraine DID require a scanned copy of our passport and it was only written in small print on one of the receipts. Thanks for the tip or we might have missed it.
We were told it would take roughly 1 month to get our passport back to us. Hopefully there won't be any errors causing delays. Now we wait.

Reactions: armoured

ray86

May 6, 2021
Thanks.
Well, we submitted the passport with all requested documents. The VAC in Ukraine DID require a scanned copy of our passport and it was only written in small print on one of the receipts. Thanks for the tip or we might have missed it.
We were told it would take roughly 1 month to get our passport back to us. Hopefully there won't be any errors causing delays. Now we wait.
Hey Kargosa,

Please let me know when you get your COPR. Its been just over 3 weeks since my wife received her PPR from Warsaw.

Thanks

KARGOSA

Nov 18, 2020
Hey Kargosa,

Please let me know when you get your COPR. Its been just over 3 weeks since my wife received her PPR from Warsaw.

Thanks
Where did you send yours from? Ours from Ukraine through VAC, we were told it would take about a month.

ray86

May 6, 2021
Where did you send yours from? Ours from Ukraine through VAC, we were told it would take about a month.
My wife’s application went to Warsaw VO from London VO. I honestly don’t know why they sent it to Warsaw when it was being processed in London. I was also told it would take anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks to get the COPR.

Reactions: Naila Haris