+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
I wouldn't worry. Don't know how they're organised but seems to me more likely that the people answering emails and approving files have different duties/authorities.
Yeah, you’re probably right. I’m starting to overthink. I just need to keep my expectations low. It’s so difficult tho

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
Hi anybody did have expirience to receive 2 ppr from Warsaw? One was received in July, the 2nd one in September, but passport is in Ottawa yet.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Hi anybody did have expirience to receive 2 ppr from Warsaw? One was received in July, the 2nd one in September, but passport is in Ottawa yet.
Maybe you didn’t update your address and it made them think that you’re still in Europe. And since they didn’t receive your passport they assumed you didn’t get the first letter so that’s why they decided to send a new one.

Reactions: JKay

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
When you say the passport is in Ottawa, what do you mean? You are in Ottawa and so is the passport, with you? If so, the PPR likely has a para saying you can submit directly to the case processing centre in Ottawa (our PPR has this language and instructions).

Or you have submitted the passport to IRCC in Ottawa for them to put the COPR/visa (and send you the PR card eventually)? And they haven't yet returned it (how long has it been)? Can only suggest in this case you contact Warsaw and/or the CPC in Ottawa to notify and shake the tree to get it returned; it sounds like Warsaw hasn't got the info you submitted to Ottawa.

JRAY_

Apr 29, 2019
Has anyone been requested for interviews? Seems not many have. My spouse was requested to have an interview since March 5th, according to GCMS notes, but still hasn't even been scheduled...

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
Maybe you didn’t update your address and it made them think that you’re still in Europe. And since they didn’t receive your passport they assumed you didn’t get the first letter so that’s why they decided to send a new one.
When you say the passport is in Ottawa, what do you mean? You are in Ottawa and so is the passport, with you? If so, the PPR likely has a para saying you can submit directly to the case processing centre in Ottawa (our PPR has this language and instructions).

Or you have submitted the passport to IRCC in Ottawa for them to put the COPR/visa (and send you the PR card eventually)? And they haven't yet returned it (how long has it been)? Can only suggest in this case you contact Warsaw and/or the CPC in Ottawa to notify and shake the tree to get it returned; it sounds like Warsaw hasn't got the info you submitted to Ottawa.
I am in Canada and mailed passport to Ottawa. There is no issue with address, my parent was in Canada from 1st day and in application even the address is in Canada. In our case Warsaw replied during an hour to all my inquiries or max the next day when I emailed at the end of the day, and when I reminded in May that my parent is in Canada, they replied that I will get PPR with instructions. There were only last 2 cases that they did not reply. For prior one they emailed passport request next day and the last one was on September 10. The 2 PPRs are slightly different and it seems that they emailed the 1st one for out of Canada applicant, the second one was issued for in Canada applicant. I noticed in GCMS that CIC canceled 1st COPR and visa and put in printing queue only COPR with different number. I understood that after sending 1st PPR the rules have been changed and that's why we had the 2nd PPR. I emailed to CIC and ordered GCMS notes to see what is going on. Passport is in Ottawa based on PPR instructions in 1st PPR. Just want to know any inland applicant had similar situation and how it was solved.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Has anyone been requested for interviews? Seems not many have. My spouse was requested to have an interview since March 5th, according to GCMS notes, but still hasn't even been scheduled...
Didn’t know that she got requested. Were there any reasons mentioned why she needs an interview? Did you contact Warsaw to know when it would be scheduled? Or they keep ignoring you?

Peachnibbler

Star Member
Jun 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-01-2013
Interview........
28-08-2013
VISA ISSUED...
Declined
A simple overview of the process - if that helps anyone here: Total Time 8 - 12 months

1. Application submitted.
2. Sponsor confirmed as eligible to sponsor - can take 1 month approximately.
3. Request for documents - if not already submitted - police checks, medical records, biometrics etc.
4. Decision as to whether an interview is required. Note - some people do not get an interview. Don't panic if you don't. That's usually a good thing. It means they have no concerns. If you get an interview, make sure you go together.
5. BEFORE THE INTERVIEW, Make sure your passport has 6 months or more validity as you need to send your passport in to get the counterfoil (visa) stuck into your passport once you are approved.
6. Attend interview - 1 hour to prove you are legitimate. Guide the interview in the way you answer questions. Be intentional in your answers.
7. Decision - a decision is typically made right at the time of the interview.
8. If approved, you will be asked to send in your passport. You will be given 1 month to do so. You need to send in a return envelope or pay for a courier service (because of COVID-19, there may be no in person services). Any problems with this timeline, email Immigration on their web forum. They will give you an extension. If concerned, contact your MP.
9. Once your passport is returned, it should be accompanied by the Confirmation of Permanent Residence. Don't be freaked out when you read that if you don't travel within a certain, that it will be assumed that you are no longer interested in coming to Canada and your sponsorship will be cancelled.
10. You have a period of time to travel to Canada. If your country's international flights are not operating, make sure you contact Immigration via the website to let them know that you may not be able to travel in that time frame. They will give you an extension.
11. Find a flight that is continuous. Your Canadian visa will allow you to be in a foreign airport for a short period of time but you won't be permitted to leave the airport. Unless you have authority to land in a "transit" country - like a transit visa or other, be thoughtful about what countries you might have to travel through. Avoid the US if possible. If you can get a direct flight, go with that. Try to make sure that your first landing in Canada is as close to your spouse as possible, because the screening will occur there. So if you are not fluent in French (and coping with a French Canadian accent), avoid landing in Montreal on your way to Vancouver.
12. Once you arrive, you will go through a landing screening. Under COVID-19, this may be deferred and you will be screened for COVID and allowed to leave. You will need to show that you have a quarantine plan. Be sure to bring a copy of your marriage certificate, your spouse's evidence of being a Canadian (birth certificate/ passport copy). There is a list on the IRRC website.
13. If you are the spouse of a Canadian citizen, provided you are able to fly, you are permitted to travel. If you are unsure, this is on the IRCC website. You might find contrary information there. Look for the most current and specific to your situation.
14. Then off you go to your new life in Canada. You may have to a landing interview later as this is part of what gives you the final piece of the Permanent Resident status (and eventually a PR card).

Good Luck.

Reactions: JKay

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am in Canada and mailed passport to Ottawa. There is no issue with address, my parent was in Canada from 1st day and in application even the address is in Canada. In our case Warsaw replied during an hour to all my inquiries or max the next day when I emailed at the end of the day, and when I reminded in May that my parent is in Canada, they replied that I will get PPR with instructions. There were only last 2 cases that they did not reply. For prior one they emailed passport request next day and the last one was on September 10. The 2 PPRs are slightly different and it seems that they emailed the 1st one for out of Canada applicant, the second one was issued for in Canada applicant. I noticed in GCMS that CIC canceled 1st COPR and visa and put in printing queue only COPR with different number. I understood that after sending 1st PPR the rules have been changed and that's why we had the 2nd PPR. I emailed to CIC and ordered GCMS notes to see what is going on. Passport is in Ottawa based on PPR instructions in 1st PPR. Just want to know any inland applicant had similar situation and how it was solved.
Weird, don't know what's going on. I guess because the rules have changed. I think some other applicants (outland though) submitted to Ottawa and just got the documents direct from there, I think they even skipped the COPR step and sent the PR card directly.

Only additional suggestion - if Warsaw doesn't get back to you with a response that makes sense - is to try through your MPs office; it might shake the documents loose.

Reactions: newandold

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
I can't sleep. We can't get any clear information from anyone. Sending the passport is turning out to be an absolute nightmare. No one knows anything. Between appendix b, vfs not understanding their services and DHL not being able to make a prepaid waybill, we just can't do anything. Absolutely nightmarish.

• Sad
Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I can't sleep. We can't get any clear information from anyone. Sending the passport is turning out to be an absolute nightmare. No one knows anything. Between appendix b, vfs not understanding their services and DHL not being able to make a prepaid waybill, we just can't do anything. Absolutely nightmarish.
This is not going to be very comforting but I expect it'll take them a few days to work through the re-start process and iron out the problems.

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
This is not going to be very comforting but I expect it'll take them a few days to work through the re-start process and iron out the problems.
I'm not confident they're ever particularly clear in their procedures. I looked at vfs's site before. Until they have walk-ins available, they're just letting it be completely chaotic and unclear.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
I'm not confident they're ever particularly clear in their procedures. I looked at vfs's site before. Until they have walk-ins available, they're just letting it be completely chaotic and unclear.
You said your wife wouldn’t be ready to travel before November. You have plenty of time to see other people’s experience so you will be able to do everything right and safe. You’re so close to the end. Everything will be fine. Good night, mate.