+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
You said your wife wouldn’t be ready to travel before November. You have plenty of time to see other people’s experience so you will be able to do everything right and safe. You’re so close to the end. Everything will be fine. Good night, mate.
Well yeah but I'll feel better when she has her papers.

JZee

Sep 14, 2020
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and still working my way through some of the threads.
Here is a brief summary of our application.
I am from Canada and my wife is from Kazakhstan.
Application sent: December 2019
AOR: December 2019
SA: December 2019
Medical: Jan 2020
Status changes to processing in ECAS: April 2020
AOR2: June 22

The vfs in KZ seems to be closed and no update on when it would open.

Is there anyone here from KZ?
Does anyone know how long for the background checks to finish?
From some of the previous threads I am guessing 3 months is normal during these times..

Reactions: passenger19

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and still working my way through some of the threads.

From some of the previous threads I am guessing 3 months is normal during these times..
Hi! According to this thread and RusForum Warsaw is now working on Oct/Nov applications so yours is probably on its way. If you feel like you need more information you are always free to order gcms notes to understand at what stage Eligibility, Security, Criminality, Info Sharing are.

Reactions: JZee

JRAY_

Apr 29, 2019
Didn’t know that she got requested. Were there any reasons mentioned why she needs an interview? Did you contact Warsaw to know when it would be scheduled? Or they keep ignoring you?
According to GCMS interview was dispatched to Moscow since March 5th. Emailed Warsaw and they said that it would likely take place over Skype or telephone. Still haven't given us any indication of when it would be held.

Last edited:
Reactions: passenger19

JZee

Sep 14, 2020
According to GCMS interview was dispatched to Moscow since March 5th. Emailed Warsaw and they said that it would likely take place over Skype or telephone. Still haven't given us any indication of when it would be held.
I saw on Facebook case of a couple from Turkey for whom interview was scheduled and cancelled 15 days before the interview and has not been rescheduled since then.
If they want to conduct via Skype or something then why keep people waiting?
I can understand it must be so frustrating waiting for it.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Just looking at our next steps, realised that the current covid travel restrictions say new PRs arriving must be "coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary)."

Arrgh. While we do intend to move permanently, this is made exceedingly problematic due to other commitments (school, work, etc) within the validity of the COPR/visa for entry (which is indeed linked to the anniversary of the medical clearance).

In normal times, we'd "land" and spend some time in Canada (the isolation itself not an issue) and return to close out our affairs, mainly schooling being the issue; and all of this would have been completely normal for new PRs. I understand it's covid time but this makes things very complicated.

If anyone has thoughts or experiences or recommendations, would appreciate. Failing that, commiseration welcome. Yes, we count our blessings that we've at least got the approval and soon COPR/visas.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Just looking at our next steps, realised that the current covid travel restrictions say new PRs arriving must be "coming to Canada to settle permanently (you cannot come to Canada and leave to go live in another country, even if it’s temporary)."

Arrgh. While we do intend to move permanently, this is made exceedingly problematic due to other commitments (school, work, etc) within the validity of the COPR/visa for entry (which is indeed linked to the anniversary of the medical clearance).

In normal times, we'd "land" and spend some time in Canada (the isolation itself not an issue) and return to close out our affairs, mainly schooling being the issue; and all of this would have been completely normal for new PRs. I understand it's covid time but this makes things very complicated.

If anyone has thoughts or experiences or recommendations, would appreciate. Failing that, commiseration welcome. Yes, we count our blessings that we've at least got the approval and soon COPR/visas.
As I remember your medical expires in the middle of December so I assume you need more time than 2,5 months. In my opinion there are two ways to get what you want. First one, obvious and expensive, re-do medical right now, before sending docs for passport collection. In this case you would have a whole year to deal with your stuff. Second one, not guaranteed, ask Warsaw for medical extension due to covid related delays that you’re experiencing right now. Explain that it is not easy to have three kids haha. As I understand they didn’t ask some people here (whose medical results expired due to delays in processing) to re-do the exam.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
As I remember your medical expires in the middle of December so I assume you need more time than 2,5 months. In my opinion there are two ways to get what you want. First one, obvious and expensive, re-do medical right now, before sending docs for passport collection. In this case you would have a whole year to deal with your stuff. Second one, not guaranteed, ask Warsaw for medical extension due to covid related delays that you’re experiencing right now. Explain that it is not easy to have three kids haha. As I understand they didn’t ask some people here (whose medical results expired due to delays in processing) to re-do the exam.
I'll write more later but after some exploration and a bit of contact with someone who knows something about this (and i'll provide the relevant link later):

-The approach right now seems to be that they WILL extend the COPR validity (on a one-time basis when info about flights and timing is available). What they will do with the meds is up in the air - they may just extend, or they could ask you to repeat; seems no policy yet on this.

I had read the parts of the travel restrictions that related to this before but I was confused. I think the previous version made such "exceptions" linked to the pre-March 18 dates and whatnot, so the policies are being revised. Also the previous language (if i remember correctly) linked this issue to external factors like travel bans - but not sure, it may have just been implied.

So the upshot: right now you MUST be 'moving to Canada permanently' regardless of the validity of your visa; but if you CANNOT 'move to Canada permanently', they won't punish you for not arriving in canada within the due date of your visa. They are at least implying that reasons like 'we can't move permenanetly because of schooling' will be sufficient. But the policy is ambiguous, I guess because could change in future and they don't wish to give any blank cheques.

More research needed, frankly it freaks me out to not have some ability to confirm the situation in advance, and the policies are developing. But I'm less freaked out than I was when I posted the above.

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019

Hey I am from Kazakhstan (now Canadian PR). My wife is from Uzbekistan but she lives with my parents in Almaty.
You already got your medical?
I applied in late November and got my SA in December and 2nd AOR from Warsaw on June 16.
We just received CSQ in late August, waiting for medical.

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
If I understand correctly PPR is the "demand de passeport" that we used to call POVL before (promise of visa letter)?
And we only get it with medical passed, right?
@passenger19 when you say you are October applicant you mean your first application ever to get SA was in October?

Thanks

JZee

Sep 14, 2020
Hey I am from Kazakhstan (now Canadian PR). My wife is from Uzbekistan but she lives with my parents in Almaty.
You already got your medical?
I applied in late November and got my SA in December and 2nd AOR from Warsaw on June 16.
We just received CSQ in late August, waiting for medical.
Hello! Yes we got medical request in the beginning of our application. Looks like that is what they are doing for many/most of outland spousal applications.
Almaty VFS seems to be closed indefinitely. Lets see if they open in October...?

Azimuss

Star Member
Dec 10, 2019
Hello! Yes we got medical request in the beginning of our application. Looks like that is what they are doing for many/most of outland spousal applications.
Almaty VFS seems to be closed indefinitely. Lets see if they open in October...?
I am an outland as well, but from Québec. Maybe that’s why it is different. They were not sure how long it will take to get CSQ.

Reactions: JZee