+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

RushnTiger

Star Member
Jun 12, 2020
Yes, that would be a factor as well. Even more important may be that embassy staff (canada-based) typically rotate in and out every two to four years. This usually coincides with summertime period (to allow for staff with children in school). I can only guess that this may be an unholy mess this year as some may have been called back to Canada at the start of the process (and may or may not have returned), and staff with children in school try to figure out what (the heck) is happening with schooling in different countries and at home. After all, Ontario just announced its 'plan' a few days ago and it's being widely criticised. Add to that what international schools in Poland may be doing, I bet the rotation planning is royally messed up, let alone the actual physical movement of staff.
Canadian Embassy in Moscow always emphasizes that it has nothing to do with any stages of the immigration process, and they remind you if you forget.
All immigration related activity had been outsourced to private companies for processing.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Canadian Embassy in Moscow always emphasizes that it has nothing to do with any stages of the immigration process, and they remind you if you forget.
All immigration related activity had been outsourced to private companies for processing.
Sorry what?
The embassy in Moscow doesn’t process PR applications but the embassy in Warsaw does. That’s why our apps were sent to Warsaw. And it’s being processed not by outsourcing companies but embassy employees.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Sorry what?
The embassy in Moscow doesn’t process PR applications but the embassy in Warsaw does. That’s why our apps were sent to Warsaw. And it’s being processed not by outsourcing companies but embassy employees.
Yes, and everything I wrote about the staff rotation issues would apply to Warsaw embassy as well. Of course, there are local staff as well, but (not surprisingly) there are some roles (i.e. decision makers) that are mostly Canada-based staff.

I don't know covid-related work restrictions for local staff; Embassy can theoretically not fully comply with local work safety (epidemic) rules, but usually wouldn't do so lightly. Canadian government might even implement stricter rules.

bossmon

Jun 28, 2020
Russia
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
19-09-2019
AOR Received.
26-10-2019
Med's Request
13-11-2019
Med's Done....
02-12-2019
Passport Req..
02-09-2020
Hi. yesterday I landed. If somebody have question..you can ask
Congrats!

I have a couple of questions.

Was there any communication between DM and PPR?

Where did you send your passport?

• Love
Reactions: Belarusian

Verba

Star Member
Feb 13, 2019
Hello friends,

In October 2019 received the confirmation that both files for my Mom and Dad under the parent sponsorship program (2019) were forwarded to Warsaw office. In February 2020 we received biometric request, and completed the same month. Only in August 2020 I received the acknowledgment from Warsaw office that they have started to process my Mom's application. We have not seen medical or police certificate request as of yet.

Could you please advise, if this is a normal processing time, or covid interruption delayed the progress?

Thanks

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019

Ramieves

Apr 18, 2020
Thank you. CoPRs issued after March 18th - read rules on official site https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/coronavirus-covid19/travel-restrictions-exemptions.html ! from Belarus (LOT)
If your CoPR was issued on or after March 19, 2020, and you are travelling from outside the United States, then the travel restrictions apply. You will have to wait until those restrictions change to come to Canada.
It's clearly stated that CoPRs after March 18th are not allowed.
Anyway, maybe you have a family member??
Did you have to transit on the way to Canada??
What did border officer ask you and how did you prove that you are exempt??

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
If your CoPR was issued on or after March 19, 2020, and you are travelling from outside the United States, then the travel restrictions apply. You will have to wait until those restrictions change to come to Canada.
It's clearly stated that CoPRs after March 18th are not allowed.
Anyway, maybe you have a family member??
You do realise that you're posting in the family class sponsorship forum? I.e., everyone you're asking these questions of in this forum think you're talking about family class and therefore have family members?

The restriction does NOT apply to those with immediate family members.