+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Hi guys. Today I checked November 2019 sheet and now I’m certain that I actually should wait for a real AOR2. I’m so sure of that because there’s an applicant who got transfer on Jan 6 and (more important) AOR2 on March 22. But my transfer was on Jan 24, so it’s logically not possible that my ecas says they started working on Feb 20. I’m just way too behind. It would be too early for them to start working on Feb 20. So it seems like I should wait for AOR2 at least two weeks more. Yea I know this whole situation sounds silly but I couldn’t get over it. I needed logic for not being crazy, especially these days :)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So it seems like I should wait for AOR2 at least two weeks more. Yea I know this whole situation sounds silly but I couldn’t get over it. I needed logic for not being crazy, especially these days :)
If it makes you feel better and makes you less crazy, go for it. But hard to say exactly how they work internally. Some files go faster than others for reasons that may not be clear from outside.

Reactions: Mariaont5119

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
If it makes you feel better and makes you less crazy, go for it. But hard to say exactly how they work internally. Some files go faster than others for reasons that may not be clear from outside.
Do you know any examples when people skipped the AOR2 line? I understand that in general some cases go faster than others. But I’m talking only about AOR2.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Do you know any examples when people skipped the AOR2 line? I understand that in general some cases go faster than others. But I’m talking only about AOR2.
If you look at the tracker, it seems a fair number of files never get an AOR2. I haven't looked at for all or reecently though. It also seems to vary by office.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
If you look at the tracker, it seems a fair number of files never get an AOR2. I haven't looked at for all or reecently though. It also seems to vary by office.
Just a question for you. Don’t you find it weird that this November applicant got AOR2 in 2,5 months, but I got it in less than 4 weeks? Like other October applicants who had to wait for about 2 months. I wish they started working but it looks like there’s a mistake that I have that second line on ecas. This silence (medical) is killing me. I’m sorry guys for bothering you and for starting this unnecessary conversation. Have a good evening.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Just a question for you. Don’t you find it weird that this November applicant got AOR2 in 2,5 months, but I got it in less than 4 weeks? Like other October applicants who had to wait for about 2 months. I wish they started working but it looks like there’s a mistake that I have that second line on ecas. This silence (medical) is killing me. I’m sorry guys for bothering you and for starting this unnecessary conversation. Have a good evening.
To be honest I haven't been following your specific dates and timeline all that closely. So I can't really say whether it's strange. And personally I'm not confident that AOR2 is the same everywhere or what should be considered 'official' AOR2. What's the situation with your medical?

But anyway more recent months (in 2020, but before the crisis shutdowns)clearly went more quickly to AOR1. At any rate unfortunately silence is moslty the mode between getting the file transferred and final decision - and I suspect silence will be more common until things settle down.

I saw a news article that some very large number of embassy staff worldwide had been shifted to consular work - dealing with Canadians stranded abroad. It's quite likely this includes a lot of the visa office staff abroad.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
To be honest I haven't been following your specific dates and timeline all that closely. So I can't really say whether it's strange. And personally I'm not confident that AOR2 is the same everywhere or what should be considered 'official' AOR2. What's the situation with your medical?

But anyway more recent months (in 2020, but before the crisis shutdowns)clearly went more quickly to AOR1. At any rate unfortunately silence is moslty the mode between getting the file transferred and final decision - and I suspect silence will be more common until things settle down.

I saw a news article that some very large number of embassy staff worldwide had been shifted to consular work - dealing with Canadians stranded abroad. It's quite likely this includes a lot of the visa office staff abroad.
Yes I understand they reduced the number of staff recently. But my problem is that I went to a clinic two months ago and I still haven’t gotten a line saying “Your medical results have been received”. Either “You passed the medical exam”. Just “Your action is required” which makes me feel anxious any time I log into GCKey. If anyone had opened my file, my medical would have been updated since it’s been more that a month when I have “We started processing your file on Feb 20”. It just doesn’t make any sense. But anyways, let’s not discuss this. Pretty depressing.

• Sad
Reactions: Mariaont5119

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes I understand they reduced the number of staff recently. But my problem is that I went to a clinic two months ago and I still haven’t gotten a line saying “Your medical results have been received”. Either “You passed the medical exam”. Just “Your action is required” which makes me feel anxious any time I log into GCKey. If anyone had opened my file, my medical would have been updated since it’s been more that a month when I have “We started processing your file on Feb 20”. It just doesn’t make any sense. But anyways, let’s not discuss this. Pretty depressing.
Write to them and ask.

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
No movement again. It looks like there is only one person working there and it will take him for years to go through all the applications

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
No updates since the start of the pandemic, did biometrics on Jan 16/2020. It still says they have not received it
Hi did you contact your VAC or VO? It took less than an hour to upload biometrics in my case. It was some sort of automatic process. So It might be a mistake made by VAC.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Hi guys! I just checked the status of ECAS and on April 1st it was changed to "In progress" (AOR2). This means that they are still working on our applications despite the bad situation with COVID-19.
Hi congrats! Are you sure your file is processing in Warsaw? I mean I just noticed that on the sheet It’s said your file got transferred to Mississauga which is great :)

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
It has been over a month since I got DM and still nothing. Hope they would hurry up and them we start process to appeal the negative decision.