+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

Johnson7771

Jan 24, 2018
Grt. What is your timeline? Is your medical approved or file approved?
Our file approved . First try our file was denied due to no enough evidence that our marriage were genuine . Started on April 2018 application received by CRC . AOR May, med results received in June and then silence until Aug 2019 . Then MP helped to get to know whats going on . Then hired lawyer . After we received redo medical in January 2020 . Thats where we are now. Good luck to every one !)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Our file approved . First try our file was denied due to no enough evidence that our marriage were genuine . Started on April 2018 application received by CRC . AOR May, med results received in June and then silence until Aug 2019 . Then MP helped to get to know whats going on . Then hired lawyer . After we received redo medical in January 2020 . Thats where we are now. Good luck to every one !)
Ouch, long process for you, best of luck.

Reactions: Johnson7771

AndyK1

Jan 20, 2020
Hello everyone.

Hoping for a quick and successful resolution of everyone's case!

Not sure if this has been brought up already, but is it normal not to receive any sort of confirmation that the biometric information has been received? We did the medical and biometrics at around the same time and a few weeks later our online account had a notation stating "medical results have been received", but there is nothing about biometrics. It's been a couple months since they should have been transmitted to Canada.

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you,

Andy

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello everyone.

Hoping for a quick and successful resolution of everyone's case!

Not sure if this has been brought up already, but is it normal not to receive any sort of confirmation that the biometric information has been received? We did the medical and biometrics at around the same time and a few weeks later our online account had a notation stating "medical results have been received", but there is nothing about biometrics. It's been a couple months since they should have been transmitted to Canada.

Any thoughts on this?

Thank you,

Andy
Are you looking in ECAS or GCKEY?

In gckey, it's visible in two places - at upper right and in list below. I'd say if there is no indication there, it may be worth contacting through webform.

AndyK1

Jan 20, 2020

In gckey, it's visible in two places - at upper right and in list below. I'd say if there is no indication there, it may be worth contacting through webform.
We have been checking on the cic.gc.ca website, which I'm guessing is the ECAS? Have not been able to link the application in a GCKEY, which actually may be another reason to contact IRCC at this stage. If GCKEY shows whether biometrics were received, we will work on linking the application to the account and go from there I guess..

AndyK1

Jan 20, 2020

Was actually finally able to link the application to the GCKey account and found that biometrics were received in early December.

Thank you for the suggestion!!

Is an approximately 10-month timeline from submission to decision that I can glean from the posts in this thread fairly accurate?

We submitted on October 15, 2019 and it says in GCKey that the remaining processing time is 9 months which would take us to October 2020 for a total of 12 months which seems a bit longer than what most posts on here state. I realize these things are very case-specific.

Cheers,
Andy

Reactions: Johnson7771

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Was actually finally able to link the application to the GCKey account and found that biometrics were received in early December.

Thank you for the suggestion!!

Is an approximately 10-month timeline from submission to decision that I can glean from the posts in this thread fairly accurate?

We submitted on October 15, 2019 and it says in GCKey that the remaining processing time is 9 months which would take us to October 2020 for a total of 12 months which seems a bit longer than what most posts on here state. I realize these things are very case-specific.
Glad that suggestion helped.

Timing: the 12 months is the 'expected processing time.' I guess you could call it a service standard of sorts. But it's not much more meaningful than that, and as you said, very case-specific.

I've been looking at the tracker spreadsheet, but ignoring 'averages' as not very helpful to understand timing. Here's how I look at it:

-the median processing time (all based on passport request) is about six months. Median meaning half of files reach PPR before six months, half after.
-about 80% of files done at about 12 months.
-Assume the remainder are the difficult or problem files that could take any length of time at all, really.

No, I don't have more specific country by country comparisons that I think are accurate (data by volunteers, biased toward English, we don't know how representative posters are. There seems to be a noticeable trend that files sent to Missisisauga VO and not ones abroad are faster. There also seems to be some countries/regions where most files go to field offices (like Warsaw?).

It seems most likely it's because - at least in part - the most simple files are sent to Miss, and that's why they go faster.

I say seems because we don't know the org processes within IRCC, and so some cautious guessing about how things work.

But most of all, case specific stuff.

Reactions: AndyK1

AndyK1

Jan 20, 2020
Glad that suggestion helped.

Timing: the 12 months is the 'expected processing time.' I guess you could call it a service standard of sorts. But it's not much more meaningful than that, and as you said, very case-specific.

I've been looking at the tracker spreadsheet, but ignoring 'averages' as not very helpful to understand timing. Here's how I look at it:

-the median processing time (all based on passport request) is about six months. Median meaning half of files reach PPR before six months, half after.
-about 80% of files done at about 12 months.
-Assume the remainder are the difficult or problem files that could take any length of time at all, really.

No, I don't have more specific country by country comparisons that I think are accurate (data by volunteers, biased toward English, we don't know how representative posters are. There seems to be a noticeable trend that files sent to Missisisauga VO and not ones abroad are faster. There also seems to be some countries/regions where most files go to field offices (like Warsaw?).

It seems most likely it's because - at least in part - the most simple files are sent to Miss, and that's why they go faster.

I say seems because we don't know the org processes within IRCC, and so some cautious guessing about how things work.

But most of all, case specific stuff.
Really appreciate your thoughts on this. Going to check out the tracker spreadsheet too.

Our file was sent to the Warsaw office about a month ago and my spouse is a Russian national. We are bracing ourselves for a slightly longer processing time, but it will take whatever it will take.

Looking forward to updating this forum with our dates once the application is (fingers crossed) successful.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Our file was sent to the Warsaw office about a month ago and my spouse is a Russian national. We are bracing ourselves for a slightly longer processing time, but it will take whatever it will take.
Yes, brace yourselves is my best guess - at least if it comes through sooner you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Same situation and I reckon apart from everything else, Russian nationals will get more security checks than a lot of other countries.

From my modest experimentation, checking gckey several times a day does not seem to speed things up.

AndyK1

Jan 20, 2020
Yes, brace yourselves is my best guess - at least if it comes through sooner you'll be pleasantly surprised.

Same situation and I reckon apart from everything else, Russian nationals will get more security checks than a lot of other countries.

From my modest experimentation, checking gckey several times a day does not seem to speed things up.
hahah we've been checking our status online entirely too often too. We were lucky to be able to live together over the last few months, but will need to go back to Canada and Russia respectively to keep working, so going back to long distance really sucks.

Here is to hoping the processing will be quick from here. Best of luck to your application too!

Reactions: armoured

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Really appreciate your thoughts on this. Going to check out the tracker spreadsheet too.

Looking forward to updating this forum with our dates once the application is (fingers crossed) successful.
you can write your timeline in tracker too) it can help to another ;)

AndyK1

Jan 20, 2020
I definitely will. Having read through a few pages of the forum, i noticed that your file was sent to Warsaw on December 12 just like ours. Hopefully they both move quickly going forward..
Updated the sheet. We are on a similar timeline: AR 15.10; AOR 21.11; Bio req't 28.11; Med req't 29.11; Moved to Warsaw 12.12. Still waiting for AOR2...

Last edited:

Ellinismos

Feb 12, 2019
Hi. I posted the following on the September 2019 spousal board, but so far no response one day later:
———————
Hi everyone.

If necessity (read: work, employment) causes me to return to Canada during the spousal sponsorship process, does it jeopardize a positive outcome for my spouse?

Another question, related to the first one: what happens if we change addresses during the process? Do we need to notify CIC? Would the file be transferred to the field office closest to our new address?

Reactions: Lisaexpat

Ellinismos

Feb 12, 2019
Yes, I am the sponsor. The funny thing is my lawyer advised against it as it would cause them, he said, to doubt our genuineness as a married couple.