+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

Ellinismos

Feb 12, 2019
If your lawyer already advised you what to do not sure why you are posting here. Your lawyer knows specifics about your case that we don't know. Each case is different. For example if I went back before it was finished processing it would not affect our case. We have been together a long time 17 years. Also how would CIC know you went back to Canada unless you tell them of course lol.
But anyway probably best to listen to your lawyer.
we have also been together the better part of a decade by now :)

I found the advice a bit out of the ordinary - otherwise I wouldn’t bother asking the forum.

Ellinismos

Feb 12, 2019
If your lawyer already advised you what to do not sure why you are posting here. Your lawyer knows specifics about your case that we don't know. Each case is different. For example if I went back before it was finished processing it would not affect our case. We have been together a long time 17 years. Also how would CIC know you went back to Canada unless you tell them of course lol.
But anyway probably best to listen to your lawyer.
How would CIC know... aren’t you obligated to let them know of your current residence?

mzona

Nov 9, 2019
Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2019
File Transfer...
02-04-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
19-03-2019
Alright guys, we got our PPR yesterday. Warsaw visa office. It took us 13 mo. It's my 2nd sponsorship. I got divorced the 1st time unfortunately. Wife has no accompanying dependents.

We contacted our MP after a year passed; he was actually helpful. Gave them a call and possibly a kick in the ass.
There were absolutely NO updates in our file from the time Warsaw VO got it in April (no requests for documents, nothing) until yesterday when we got both Pre-arrival and PPR. Medical was done before even moving to Warsaw.

Thanks everyone for good posts and positive attitude. Hope you get your answers soon.

Will post this in December 2018 thread and in Warsaw

Timeline:

Sponsor: QC, Canada | PA: Russia | App Received Dec 17 2018
AOR1: Feb 12 | SA: Feb 26
BR: Feb 19 | BR Submitted: Mar 14
MR: Mar 1| Med Appt: Mar 15 | Med passed: Mar 15
CSQR: Feb 28 | CSQ: Mar 26
MVO: Feb 28 | VO: Warsaw, Poland | AOR2: Apr 2
DM: 2020-01-31 | PPR: 2020-01-31

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We contacted our MP after a year passed; he was actually helpful. Gave them a call and possibly a kick in the ass.
There were absolutely NO updates in our file from the time Warsaw VO got it in April (no requests for documents, nothing) until yesterday
Congrats! What date did you contact your MP, i.e. wondering how long it was after the MP inquired that you got some movement.

And did the MPs office get back to you and tell you anything? Did they have info or just let you know that they'd inquired?

mzona

Nov 9, 2019
Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2019
File Transfer...
02-04-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
19-03-2019
I contacted my MP a few after the 1yr delay expired (Dec 22). It took his office a week to respond. They sent over some documents on Jan 8 and got back to me with info On Jan 20. A person from his office said she actually called Warsaw and they had a chat. The info basically said they were at the same processing stage as in May when they got the file (criminality not finished) and that eligibility, background and security were not started. I honestly was pretty pissed, except that On Jan 31 I received DM, Pre-arrival and PPR. Look, maybe it's totally unrelated. Or alternatively maybe they saw several requests from me submitted via Web-form, a request from MP, 2 ATIP requests to IRCC and CBSA and they thought that it would be less painful to just get on with it. I honestly don't know.

I personally don't advise anyone repeating what I did without a rep. There's a certain way in which administrative inquiries should be made so that they're not considered frivolous or erratic on its face.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I contacted my MP a few after the 1yr delay expired (Dec 22). It took his office a week to respond. They sent over some documents on Jan 8 and got back to me with info On Jan 20. A person from his office said she actually called Warsaw and they had a chat. The info basically said they were at the same processing stage as in May when they got the file (criminality not finished) and that eligibility, background and security were not started. I honestly was pretty pissed, except that On Jan 31 I received DM, Pre-arrival and PPR. Look, maybe it's totally unrelated. Or alternatively maybe they saw several requests from me submitted via Web-form, a request from MP, 2 ATIP requests to IRCC and CBSA and they thought that it would be less painful to just get on with it. I honestly don't know.

I personally don't advise anyone repeating what I did without a rep. There's a certain way in which administrative inquiries should be made so that they're not considered frivolous or erratic on its face.
I'm only speculating although I have some experience with bureaucratic structures. Sometimes other priorities keep arising and it takes a 'bump' from outside to move things from the bottom of the pile. But only speculation.

Thank you for the info, though - useful to have some more data points even if impossible to know what actually happened.

What did you mean about 'not doing anything without a rep?'. At least on the face of it, it does not seem your inquiries were considered frivolous or erratic. I think that's one of the points of the access through MPs - that they can help formulate. And I think you were reserved in waiting for the full year to pass.

That said, I'm guessing the 'wait for 12 months processing' guideline is there to keep that process from getting overloaded with less serious requests.

mzona

Nov 9, 2019
Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2019
File Transfer...
02-04-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
19-03-2019
What did you mean about 'not doing anything without a rep?'. At least on the face of it, it does not seem your inquiries were considered frivolous or erratic. I think that's one of the points of the access through MPs - that they can help formulate. And I think you were reserved in waiting for the full year to pass.
People tend to get emotional in those sorts of things, that's why I don't recommend to do it without professional help. I can get away with it because I myself practiced law and did some immigration. Before writing an administrative inquiry, you need to make sure basically that you're right, you're not clueless, you're informed about the procedure and about your rights. Waiting for the whole year is definitely an element. Pointing out that you consulted GCMS notes and nothing is done is another element. All claims must always be based on verifiable data that they can't deny, without forgetting that they ALWAYS have more info. You need to get as much info as possible before writing to them. After that, you need to expect to get a very broad and sneaky answer, but stuff may or may not happen in the background. If you start insulting them, it's over. Bonus points if they've dealt with you before and they know who you are. So unless you REALLY know what you're doing and you feel up to it, I always recommend to get professional help.

... and by the way guys, what I'm saying here is not based on some special knowledge of facts. It's just my perception of things, so don't take it too seriously, it may be wrong.

Last edited:

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Hi everyone :)
Our file finally got transferred to Warsaw January 24. Today I checked ECAS and noticed that we got Aplicación Received on PA side. Based on your experience how long should we wait for AOR2?

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Official in gckey. Ecas silent
Wow! That’s interesting. I never thought It’d be on GCKey. Honestly I’m a little disappointed that they took so long to start working on your file. I read they’re faster than other offices since they’re not that busy. So maybe it changed.