+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

Ellinismos

Feb 12, 2019
Can someone advise me as to how long Warsaw generally takes with spousal sponsorship apps?

And also, do they request interviews often?

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
Hey, did you end up buying good business class tickets? :)
So I was looking at all sorts of flights from Moscow to Toronto and decided to check Austrian Airlines. On their website you can buy flights for practically all Star Alliance member airlines. I selected return flights, because they were cheaper than a single flight! And as I was looking though the available options (there are like 10 flight options on any day).

So choosing the Moscow - Toronto portion of the flight, Economy was maybe $500, Business was $1000. I know it's still quite expensive, BUT (!) :

One-way Economy would be around $1000. Return flight Economy was $1000, but then you'd have to take into account that you'd pay for extra suitcases, and food here, food there, more food here, more food there (I had a total of 26 hours of travel from my first flight from Krasnodar to Moscow, until I landed in Toronto). And for the return ticket I got the Economy version because it was cheap. So I paid a total of like $1500 for the Moscow-Toronto-Moscow flights. Business class luggage included pieces of luggage at 32kg each, which was pretty good, I must say.

As expensive as it sounds, I don't know how I would survive with Economy all the way through. Lufthansa business class for the intercontinental flight had fully reclinable seats, so you could literally lie down horizontally. And access to business class lounge was amazing. You can even have a shower in some haha. I needed one badly, I felt like a beaten up mattress.

Besides, normally Business class tickets with Austrian/Lufthansa are like 5,500 return lol. So I think I got a heckin' good deal!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
So I was looking at all sorts of flights from Moscow to Toronto and decided to check Austrian Airlines.
As expensive as it sounds, I don't know how I would survive with Economy all the way through. Lufthansa business class for the intercontinental flight had fully reclinable seats, so you could literally lie down horizontally. And access to business class lounge was amazing. You can even have a shower in some haha. I needed one badly, I felt like a beaten up mattress.

Besides, normally Business class tickets with Austrian/Lufthansa are like 5,500 return lol. So I think I got a heckin' good deal!
You can get surprisingly good deals for business if you book far enough in advance or get lucky. Particularly if you are willing to waive the cancellation/rebooking no penalty policies (this shows up as a different flight class but I don't remember details). And you're right, the extra cost can make a lot of sense if you're going with extra baggage.

I've done austrian in many variants and it's usually okay. It's one of Lufthansa group's budget brands so not always top of the line planes but worth it for transcontinental if you get a good fair. Not all the planes are lie-flat still a huge improvement over economy.

I hate frankfurt airport with a passion so as long as I don't transit there. Vienna not my favourite airport but at least there are enough flights so that if you miss one they usually handle it well.

For others looking, LOT (Polish from warsaw) and KLM have really good flights to Canada, with good deals business class, decent airports. LOT especially has newer boeings (787? not an expert) that are just great, business lounge pleasant and not so busy.

Downside is that LOT has fewer flights to Canada so if you miss your connection, it can be a problem, layovers longer. KLM has older planes (in my experience) and connections often mean staying overnight in Schiphol.

Showers after a long flight (esp from Canada through W. Europe to other locations) are The Best Thing Ever. A few airports have showers for non-business customers - usually for 5-10 Euros, a bargain. Also some airports like Vienna have biz lounge access for 20 euros or so, a bargain if long layover.

Anyway I'm rambling. Congrats. Although I know I'm privileged that I can afford biz class from time to time, I'm still very cheap; but some biz class flights make a lot of sense.

Good luck. Hope to hear/see your updates about how the move to canada goes.

Ramin F

Jan 28, 2019
Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
AOR Received.
08-03-2019
File Transfer...
13-05-2019
Med's Request
26-04-2019
Med's Done....
04-05-2019
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
02-12-2019
VISA ISSUED...
09-12-2019
LANDED..........
25-12-2019
I booked it through Google Flights.

Its Moscow to Istanbul then Istanbul to Vancouver, (transiting through London)

We didn't want to get in Toronto as it will take time to do the immigration process and the chances to miss your flight is high.

mpigeau

Star Member
Jan 22, 2019
Russia
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
27-03-2019
Doc's Request.
24-05-2019
AOR Received.
03-05-2019
File Transfer...
30-05-2019
Med's Request
22-05-2019
Med's Done....
24-05-2019
Passport Req..
12-11-2019
VISA ISSUED...
15-11-2019
LANDED..........
16-12-2019
I booked it through Google Flights.

Its Moscow to Istanbul then Istanbul to Vancouver, (transiting through London)

We didn't want to get in Toronto as it will take time to do the immigration process and the chances to miss your flight is high.
I was initially going to fly Krasnodar-Istanbul-Toronto with Turkish Airlines. A one-way flight in economy was around 800 CAD. But by the time I got my passport and COPR back, prices rocketed to like $1500 if I wanted to fly before mid-January. Christmas holidays and all...

Regarding the time taken to pass immigration, I know it depends on the day, time of day, officer etc, but it took me around 30 minutes altogther to pass border control, immigration AND get my Social Insurance Number at the Service Canada window. I landed at 16:00, told my husband to not pick me up until 18:30, as I expected everything to take ages. I was already out waiting for him with my suitcases ready at 17:30 lol.

Bynming

Star Member
Sep 8, 2018
Montréal
Category........
FAM
I was initially going to fly Krasnodar-Istanbul-Toronto with Turkish Airlines. A one-way flight in economy was around 800 CAD. But by the time I got my passport and COPR back, prices rocketed to like $1500 if I wanted to fly before mid-January. Christmas holidays and all...

Regarding the time taken to pass immigration, I know it depends on the day, time of day, officer etc, but it took me around 30 minutes altogther to pass border control, immigration AND get my Social Insurance Number at the Service Canada window. I landed at 16:00, told my husband to not pick me up until 18:30, as I expected everything to take ages. I was already out waiting for him with my suitcases ready at 17:30 lol.
Hopefully Montreal is that fast. Could still take a few months before my wife gets her COPR but for the airport I expect I'll just show up 30-60 minutes after she's supposed to land and wait if I have to.

Edit: Oh also welcome to Canada, hope you like it here :D

Last edited:

WaitingOnUserID

Nov 5, 2019
From the day our file arrived in Nova Scotia to the day we landed took exactly 8 months. From the day our file was transferred to Warsaw to the day we got our passport request took about 5 months.

The line at Toronto on Friday last week was quite long, a lot of students arriving for the new semester. The wait was probably 45 minutes but our actual time with the officer was probably 15 minutes.

alaria

Apr 17, 2018
Visa application, tracking ID No. Ххх has been dispatched to OC from VAC, on 2019-12-20 04:17:30 PM GMT Standard Time for processing.Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email. - what is it? Letter received PA
It's a message about biometrics after you've given them. Some people receive this email, some don't. Nothing to worry about and no action required.

Aricsingh

Nov 11, 2019
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Hi any body have experice about singapore pcc . Within how many days they provide police clearance certificate . How to apply from outside singapore .

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
Hi experts
i need your help:oops:
i received 3 letters and i don`t understand why. Maybe you can help. One moment: Warsaw received my application, but when i passed Bio manager propose me stick visa in Kiev. so now i correct understand that my appl go from Warsaw to Kiev???!!!:eek: I don`t think that it`s PPR , because it`s too early
my timeline:
14% complete
AR
AOR1 / ECAS IP 22.11/21.11
BIO req fee & payment / proof / req / completed 22.11 / 29.11 / 13.12 / 20.12
SA 05.12
MED req / taken / passed 05/16/19.12
VO Warsaw 12.12

Outland Sponsorship 19/20
Toronto / Minsk (Belarus)

No lawyer......No kids

My lettters (in gckey and ecas no news):

1) Visa application, tracking ID No.XXXXX is under process at the IRCC Office. Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email. - last letter

2) Visa application, tracking ID No. XXXXXX has been received at the Kyiv OC VAC on 2019-12-23 06:18:00 AM GMT Standard Time and is on transit to the IRCC Office in Kyiv OC ,for processing. Please note this is an auto generated e.mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.- it`s AOR2 ???? - second letter

3) Visa application, tracking ID No. XXXXXXXX The envelope for the decision on the results of your visa that has been processed has been received at the Canadian Visa Application Center at Kyiv OC, on the date. We will then send this to the Canadian Visa Application Center Kyiv OC. Please note that this is an automated email. Please DO NOT reply to this email. - first letter