+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

Bucko23

Jun 3, 2018
Hi all,
I am a sponsor and we just submitted our file to Nova Scotia in August.
I was wondering why are people invited for an interview in Moscow (my spouse is also from Russia)?
What kind of questions do they ask?
I thought interviewing has been long gone but apparently not.
Just curious. Is it to define whether the relationship is genuine?
Perhaps Ironbird can correct me if I'm wrong .. but my understanding is that there are two types of interview. One is eligibility, the other is landing. The first one is to determine if the relationship is genuine, the second is just a few questions to receive a visa. My wife is Kyrgyz, so immigration papers for PR went to Poland not Russia. The interview was held in Moscow as visa free travel is permitted. between most former USSR countries.

They asked various questions about how we met, how we communicated, our wedding day and honeymoon together. My wife could answer the questions easily and didn't find any question unreasonable or intimidating, but it was formal. She took additional photos of all our meetings and discussions over the years and some were retained by the officer.

I hope this helps.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope this helps.
Thank you Bucko23. It does indeed help. Did you apply right after getting married? and how long have you known each other before getting married?

Yes, all former Soviet Union countries, KG included, are sent to Warsaw. Moscow doesn't do it anymore.
My spouse also lived in KG:) Small world.

Bucko23

Jun 3, 2018
Thank you Bucko23. It does indeed help. Did you apply right after getting married? and how long have you known each other before getting married?

Yes, all former Soviet Union countries, KG included, are sent to Warsaw. Moscow doesn't do it anymore.
Yes, you've got it ... we did apply straight after wedding ... perhaps if we had waited till the honeymoon an interview may not have been requested. We knew each other over two years before marriage.

sibnadian

Feb 2, 2012
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yes, you've got it ... we did apply straight after wedding ... perhaps if we had waited till the honeymoon an interview may not have been requested. We knew each other over two years before marriage.
Thanks.
Hope we will not have to go through an interview as we have been married for 2.5 years prior to applying.

Bucko23

Jun 3, 2018
Thanks.
Hope we will not have to go through an interview as we have been married for 2.5 years prior to applying.
I'm sure it will be fine. Good luck .. and now just noticed our BGC has commenced (this is called IP2 = In Process 2)

So here's another update

Received By Mississauga: January 11th, 2018
AOR1: March 9th 2018
SA: March 24th 2018
Transfer to Warsaw: AOR2: May 29th 2018
Interview in Moscow: September 11th 2018
Medical Request: October 19th 2018
Pre-Arrival services: October 20th 2018
BGC, IP2: October 21st 2018
Lawyer- No
To BC

Last edited:
Reactions: vadim_tsoi

Bucko23

Jun 3, 2018
Process in Warsaw takes too long. I'm about to get depressed!
Looking at your timeline, which is close to mine ... it seems you may have or should have got AOR2 a long time ago from Warsaw. (I assume you have checked your IRCC login at the bottom of the page for messages about your application). I suggest you go see your local MP as soon a possible .. He/she can get access to your file on the same day and get you an update from the VO. Just my advice. Good luck

Reactions: vadim_tsoi

vadim_tsoi

Jun 27, 2018
Looking at your timeline, which is close to mine ... it seems you may have or should have got AOR2 a long time ago from Warsaw. (I assume you have checked your IRCC login at the bottom of the page for messages about your application). I suggest you go see your local MP as soon a possible .. He/she can get access to your file on the same day and get you an update from the VO. Just my advice. Good luck
thanks a lot. I'll do it tomorrow.

vadim_tsoi

Jun 27, 2018
i should probably vote for MP tomorrow first. lol

Jarait

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018

Mine is from KG too, lol

Ironbird

Mar 27, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 Jan, 2018, AOR2 May 2018
File Transfer...
Mar 2
Med's Request
Jan 2018
Med's Done....
Feb 2018
My case is probably going to be in process for at least another 3 months or so. I applied in Dec on the 5th. This fate will not follow anyone else on this forum, I don't think. Our situation is a bit unique.

Bucko23

Jun 3, 2018
My case is probably going to be in process for at least another 3 months or so. I applied in Dec on the 5th. This fate will not follow anyone else on this forum, I don't think. Our situation is a bit unique.
Why so Ironbird?... all our situations are all unique. As mentioned before two months after AOR2 we tried for a temporary visa and that was refused .. but today we had medicals approved. As our timelines are similar, I think for both of us, PPR can happen anytime now.

Last edited:

Bucko23

Jun 3, 2018
Our process started Dec 21st and there is no even BGC yet... last movement was in March. Warsaw is incredibly slow.
I feel this is unusually slow .. I've mentioned before if you are in Canada, you can see your local MP for immediate updates on your case.