+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

a0

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imapeiceofwood said:
yeah it depends a lot on a officer but they are not as hard on polish ppl like on other nationalities espacially that we r from visa exempt country.
They gave me a really hard time when I came to Canada for the first time - and I am Polish.

a0

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
imapeiceofwood said:
Did u come as a visitor only or after u aplied for PR card ? Did they let you in at the end ?
I came as a visitor. They let me in after interrogating me for about an hour (or maybe it was 2 hours?).
I'm not sure if it's easier or harder if you're in the middle of your PR process.

Monna

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-12-2014
Passport Req..
10-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2015
Hey you guys!

So are we the only ones from February that are still stuck with no PPR?
On Sept 24th we got a request of passport copies for my sponsored hubby. Along with a request for original police certificate.
Which we sent (100% positive) when we filed our app in Feb 2015. To our question where is the original that we know we sent in, they replied it's only a photocopy on file.
Which is very strange. It's impossible because notirized translation was attached by ribbon to original. Weird right?

Anyways, we managed to get a new original police certificate AND get it delivered within 30 days deadline to Warsaw.
DHL says they got it on Monday, Oct 19th. We asked in email if they confirm they got it. No answer.

Should we be getting worried? It seems endless...Or is is us just being tired and low? :mad:

imapeiceofwood

Jun 20, 2014
I was wondering how often your eCAS has been modified ? My last date is Aug 17th. Did you get an email that the decision has been made or a letter ?

Monna

Star Member
Feb 27, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2015
AOR Received.
07-04-2015
File Transfer...
07-05-2015
Med's Done....
20-12-2014
Passport Req..
10-11-2015
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2015
Our Ecas was modified last on Sept 25th, with status In process.
Since then there were no changes. Still shows In process today.

Tunczyk

Dec 17, 2014
Kamloops, British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-10-2015
You don't really apply for a PR card. Once you land in Canada, the officers will automatically arrange for the card to be sent to your Canadian address. All I heard was "your PR should arrive in 6-8 weeks".
But, I do plan to change my surname and my first name, so for that I'll have to go to Service Canada, and then apply for a new PR card, which is going to cost 50$. I wouldn't confuse Warsaw VO with additional requests for a name change, who knows by how much that would extend the processing time

Lvartano

Star Member
Mar 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-03-2015
AOR Received.
AOR1 22-04-2015; AOR2 02-06-2015
File Transfer...
06-05-2015
Med's Done....
25-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Copy of PP 25-09-2015; PPR - 01/10/2015
VISA ISSUED...
30/09/2015
LANDED..........
November 2015
imapeiceofwood said:
I was wondering if you guys changed your surname before applying for PR card? or during process.
So in Canada there are two way of changing your last name: 1) Assume a last name (change, hyphenate etc.) 2) Legally change your name (will reflect a change on your birth certificate).

To legally change your name you have to be in Canada for at least 12 months.

I just called Service Canada because I will be going through the same process.

imapeiceofwood

Jun 20, 2014
Tunczyk said:
You don't really apply for a PR card. Once you land in Canada, the officers will automatically arrange for the card to be sent to your Canadian address. All I heard was "your PR should arrive in 6-8 weeks".
But, I do plan to change my surname and my first name, so for that I'll have to go to Service Canada, and then apply for a new PR card, which is going to cost 50$. I wouldn't confuse Warsaw VO with additional requests for a name change, who knows by how much that would extend the processing time
Yeah my plan was to change my surname after i get my PR card because its a lot of work with changing surname and letting the VO know which might affect processing time.
I'm just looking for a reason why i still never heard from them. Driving me crazy. Waiting for end of the month but it feels like forever lol

imapeiceofwood

Jun 20, 2014
Hello,
Phoned CIC on friday and they were pretty helpful but of course couldnt tell me about any updates. Phoned today VO in warsaw and they said, they cant tell me anything by the phone. What should I say in an email ? What should i ask for to not sound crazy or rude ? Did any of you tried calling VO ? Or have any extension number to talk to someone ?
CIC also told me i shouldnt have any problem coming back to canada in january as long as i didnt break any law and i can provide papers.
Also guy said difference in a time usually depends on criminal check record and how fast they get informations from offices in Poland. I guess mine doesnt bother to answer them quickly lol

userpg

Star Member
Feb 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-05-2015, received by CIC: 15-05-2015
AOR Received.
18-06-2015
File Transfer...
SA: 15-07-2015, AOR2: 06-08-2015
Med's Done....
18-03-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-10-2015
LANDED..........
07-12-2015 :)
imapeiceofwood said:
Hello,
Phoned CIC on friday and they were pretty helpful but of course couldnt tell me about any updates. Phoned today VO in warsaw and they said, they cant tell me anything by the phone. What should I say in an email ? What should i ask for to not sound crazy or rude ? Did any of you tried calling VO ? Or have any extension number to talk to someone ?
Hi. I called WVO too and they also told me that the only way to contact them is via email.

jcallahan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2015
Nomination.....
SA 29-09-2015
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
23-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2016
LANDED..........
14-01-2016
imapeiceofwood said:
Hello,
CIC also told me i shouldnt have any problem coming back to canada in january as long as i didnt break any law and i can provide papers.
Also guy said difference in a time usually depends on criminal check record and how fast they get informations from offices in Poland. I guess mine doesnt bother to answer them quickly lol
May I ask what part of Poland you are from! Maybe it will give us a better idea of what to expect for processing times :)

I got someone one to give my partner information once at the canadian embassy in Warsaw (related to another application). It was a very desperate situation, we looked on the website in the different departments finding anyone's name and extension and trying that number until someone would talk to us.

I am a little bit scared to do something like that again, it was a different situation, because I read an article by an immigration lawyer about spousal sponsorship who said that if you enquire before the estimated processing time, this can cause them to take a closer look at your file, thus increasing the processing time.

Maybe the best idea would just be to request case notes for your file?

jcallahan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2015
Nomination.....
SA 29-09-2015
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
23-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2016
LANDED..........
14-01-2016
Also, I really hope some of the in process applicants get good news this week :)

imapeiceofwood

Jun 20, 2014
jcallahan said:
May I ask what part of Poland you are from! Maybe it will give us a better idea of what to expect for processing times :)

I got someone one to give my partner information once at the canadian embassy in Warsaw (related to another application). It was a very desperate situation, we looked on the website in the different departments finding anyone's name and extension and trying that number until someone would talk to us.

I am a little bit scared to do something like that again, it was a different situation, because I read an article by an immigration lawyer about spousal sponsorship who said that if you enquire before the estimated processing time, this can cause them to take a closer look at your file, thus increasing the processing time.

Maybe the best idea would just be to request case notes for your file?
I am from Kraków.

Yeah its scary to ask for enquire so early but it would be nice to find out something. Hopefully by end of this month someone will contact me.