Interview........
none
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-10-2015
Congrats Fongnation to you and you wife! Live happily ever after, in Ontario. :)

To all of the Canadian citizens on this thread: Be a good Canadian and go vote today!

imapeiceofwood

Jun 20, 2014
Hi everyone, I have applied for my PR card on march 17th/15. Around May I have got an email that my application has been received by a Warsaw embassy and my medical results has been checked too.
Since then never got any emails or updates. Do you really think it will take 13 months as it says on website ? Im Polish by the way. I also asked them to send papers to canada as im staying here while waiting for my application to be approved. Loosing sleep every night over it lol.

jcallahan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2015
Nomination.....
SA 29-09-2015
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
23-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2016
LANDED..........
14-01-2016
imapeiceofwood said:
Hi everyone, I have applied for my PR card on march 17th/15. Around May I have got an email that my application has been received by a Warsaw embassy and my medical results has been checked too.
Since then never got any emails or updates. Do you really think it will take 13 months as it says on website ? Im Polish by the way. I also asked them to send papers to canada as im staying here while waiting for my application to be approved. Loosing sleep every night over it lol.
First, you should check the link in my signature (the Warsaw office timeline).
Are you going through a spousal sponsorship? Everyone else here is going thorough a spousal sponsorship and I know the times vary a lot in different categories, so what we say here may not apply to different categories.

That being said, it looks like other people, who's file made to Warsaw after you, have already gotten a passport request or have heard something back.

You may be able to do a case specific inquiry via the Warsaw email address or GT case notes on your file to see the status.

imapeiceofwood

Jun 20, 2014
Yes i'm going through a spousal sponsorship. One thing i'm worried about is that my criminal check record was like 7months old when i sent all my papers.

imapeiceofwood

Jun 20, 2014
We received your application for permanent residence on March 12, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 28, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 27, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

that's what it says when i log to my eCAS

so how much longer do u think it will take ?

jcallahan

Star Member
Jul 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-07-2015
Nomination.....
SA 29-09-2015
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
23-06-2015
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
12-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
13-01-2016
LANDED..........
14-01-2016
imapeiceofwood said:
We received your application for permanent residence on March 12, 2015.
We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on May 28, 2015.
We started processing your application on May 27, 2015.
Medical results have been received.

that's what it says when i log to my eCAS

so how much longer do u think it will take ?
It's really hard to say. But based on the spread sheet, others who's files made it to Warsaw in June have already gotten a response. It seems like the Warsaw office usually make progress (sends out passport requests) at the end of the month. I'd wait until after Halloween, then maybe put it a case specific enquiry..

Maybe others have some other advice?

Again though, click in the link to see how long it has been taking others.

imapeiceofwood

Jun 20, 2014
Yeah i looked at it and i feel depressed that other people already got it. It says it is in process so fingers crossed. Going back to poland for christmas and would be nice to come back to canada with papers.

Tunczyk

Dec 17, 2014
Kamloops, British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-10-2015
imapeiceofwood said:
Yes i'm going through a spousal sponsorship. One thing i'm worried about is that my criminal check record was like 7months old when i sent all my papers.
No worries about the criminal record check. At least from my experience, there have been no problems unless they get suspicious about you for some reason. I did my 1st criminal record check in March 2014 (+certified translation to English); I did my 2nd criminal record check in September 2014 (no translation included, in a letter I explained that I would provide a new CRC and translation upon request, as processing times are too long for the document to stay valid). Pls look at my timeline, maybe it will give you some peace of mind.
Oh, and my medical expired as well before I got DM, but apparently they extended it to October 2016. That's what it says on my COPR. Fingers crossed for you! :)

imapeiceofwood

Jun 20, 2014
Tunczyk said:
No worries about the criminal record check. At least from my experience, there have been no problems unless they get suspicious about you for some reason. I did my 1st criminal record check in March 2014 (+certified translation to English); I did my 2nd criminal record check in September 2014 (no translation included, in a letter I explained that I would provide a new CRC and translation upon request, as processing times are too long for the document to stay valid). Pls look at my timeline, maybe it will give you some peace of mind.
Oh, and my medical expired as well before I got DM, but apparently they extended it to October 2016. That's what it says on my COPR. Fingers crossed for you! :)
When i sent all my papers I also said that i can send a new criminal check record if needed. my parents got me another one translated but they never asked for new one so its sitting and getting expired lol. I got my medical done september 2014. Well I saw that ur medical eCas was 6 days before mine and u r already approved as I see well. Should i phone CiC and ask them why mine takes longer then others ? IDK what to do Sad i really need it by December

Tunczyk

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-10-2015
You can try calling CIC, going through Case Specific Inquiry, or sending e-mail directly to the Warsaw VO at WSAWIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

imapeiceofwood

Jun 20, 2014
By the way If i return to canada on a one way ticket in Jan with a letter from husband that he is gonna pay for my return ticket later do you think they will give me hard time on airport ? Of course im gonna say that im visiting only and my Pr card is still in process.

Tunczyk

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-10-2015
I thought you're in Canada now, imapeiceofwood? I would not leave the country, just extend the visitor status. The problem is, we're only allowed to spend 6 months within the past 12 months in Canada. I don't know how long have you been here already, would you please tell me?

imapeiceofwood

Jun 20, 2014
Yes im in canada for past 16 months now. leaving to poland in december. Thats why its so important to get approval soon if possible. Maybe because embassy knows im in canada so thats why they take longer to precess my application :( we already got tickets so i have to go.

Oh and before i came i have already been 6 months in canada other time too and they let me in no problem. Came sept 2013 left march 2014 and came back july 2014

Tunczyk

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-05-2015
Med's Done....
18-09-2014
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
24-09-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-10-2015
LANDED..........
17-10-2015
Ah I see. Our situations are very similar then. I've been in Canada now for 14 months straight and would absolutely love to go back home for Christmas... Choinka, opłatek, kolędy.. I would try to make contact with them as soon as possible then. Are you here legally now, that is, have you extended your visitor visa? If yes, then you can risk it and go to Poland, but depending on the officer you get, they could deny you entry to Canada when you come back in January. But hopefully by then you will be a PR! :)

imapeiceofwood

Jun 20, 2014
Tunczyk said:
Ah I see. Our situations are very similar then. I've been in Canada now for 14 months straight and would absolutely love to go back home for Christmas... Choinka, opłatek, kolędy.. I would try to make contact with them as soon as possible then. Are you here legally now, that is, have you extended your visitor visa? If yes, then you can risk it and go to Poland, but depending on the officer you get, they could deny you entry to Canada when you come back in January. But hopefully by then you will be a PR! :)
Im a little home sick plus i have to go to multiple doctors get checked. Dont fell like spending thousands here which i dont have haha. I never spent Christmas in Poland for past 2 years and my mom is taking it hard so i wanna be there with my family and show my husband polish Christmas. Yes im legally here. My visa extension is till Jan 27/16. yeah it depends a lot on a officer but they are not as hard on polish ppl like on other nationalities espacially that we r from visa exempt country. I will try to show that i have some ties to poland too. my bday and my husbands are feb-march so i will say we wanna spend them together or something. But yeah hopefully i will hear something from CIC soon.