+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Ah this is in gcms. I have never been able to get into ecas.
Our notes weren’t informative at all. Just some stuff about background check. We ordered them because after AOR1 we haven’t heard anything from CIC for 2 months while everyone with same timelines got their requests, SA, transfers. It was so frustrating to check both sites every * day and see that nothing has changed.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Why? Did you call them to get help with logging in? They’re pretty helpful.

Is there (at the notes) anything related to Warsaw?
My apologies I should have said GCKey. We are linked there no problem. But have not been able to get into ecas. I figure the info is basically the same there as in GCKey.

I have ordered gcms notes but have not received yet. I decided to do this just to try.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
My apologies I should have said GCKey. We are linked there no problem. But have not been able to get into ecas. I figure the info is basically the same there as in GCKey.

I have ordered gcms notes but have not received yet. I decided to do this just to try.
Yes, but if you could check ECAS you would know whether Warsaw received your file or started working on it. There is a “special” second line on ECAS to let you know when they start processing PA’s part.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes, but if you could check ECAS you would know whether Warsaw received your file or started working on it. There is a “special” second line on ECAS to let you know when they start processing PA’s part.
Oh, thanks, this is the first time I've heard there is some different information on ecas than gckey.

I don't know why I can't get on. Got on to gckey without too much trouble. I've tried absolutey everything I could think of.

Will it still make sense to try to get on to ecas? I mean, now I won't be able to see it switch back and forth, assuming it may have already done so.

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Oh, thanks, this is the first time I've heard there is some different information on ecas than gckey.

I don't know why I can't get on. Got on to gckey without too much trouble. I've tried absolutey everything I could think of.

Will it still make sense to try to get on to ecas? I mean, now I won't be able to see it switch back and forth, assuming it may have already done so.
In my opinion it surely worth to try get access. I believe you're worried why there's no response from them for so long. So maybe you'll get some peace of mind if you check your ECAS since the second line will tell you when they exactly started working on PA's part (If they did of course). Mine says Feb 20, but I didn't get an email yet. Transfer was Yan 24, so basically it took a month in my case.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
In my opinion it surely worth to try get access. I believe you're worried why there's no response from them for so long. So maybe you'll get some peace of mind if you check your ECAS since the second line will tell you when they exactly started working on PA's part (If they did of course). Mine says Feb 20, but I didn't get an email yet. Transfer was Yan 24, so basically it took a month in my case.
Thanks, I'll look into it.

mzona

Nov 9, 2019
Quebec
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
17-12-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2019
File Transfer...
02-04-2019
Med's Request
01-03-2019
Med's Done....
19-03-2019
Are you certain that absolutely nothing happened in that time? There were no background checks or security checks farmed out to other agencies / partners?

no, I'm not certain that absolutely nothing happened, I'm just saying that if something did, there's no evidence of that in the GCMS. There was a actually a link to a really interesting document someone posted that said that they do contact a bunch of partner agencies and CBSA coordinates all that. BTW, I ATIPed CBSA for my complete file, they sent me a CD with 300 pages, and there was no evidence of that either. But yeah, you're right some cases may take more time because whatever... except that my case took more time than it should have, and the notes and documents that they sent me don't give any reason why. Go figure... so you know. Either they don't disclose ALL infrmation (in which case there should be a notice somewhere saying that information was withheld) or maybe sometimes they do sit around doing nothing. Who knows.

Lisaexpat

Dec 7, 2018
United Kingdom
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01/05/2018
AOR Received.
Interview........
Not needed
Our case is a little different than everyone else.

June 2018 app received
August 2018 Transferred to Warsaw VO
1 year passed and nothing was done on our case.
September 2019 contacted MP.( Finished processing, security check etc)
November 2019 Warsaw finally sent request for Authorization to return to Canada
November 2019 we sent ARC

We have been pretty much been in contact with our MP monthly.
Will send another request to our MP to get new update from our VO to see what the hell is going on.

When we requested GCMS notes it took 4 months to arrive.

All I do is to continue to keep the faith one day it will be resolved.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Our notes weren’t informative at all. Just some stuff about background check. We ordered them because after AOR1 we haven’t heard anything from CIC for 2 months while everyone with same timelines got their requests, SA, transfers. It was so frustrating to check both sites every * day and see that nothing has changed.
So I ordered GCMS notes just about a month ago and received today, so they pretty much did keep to the 30 days ATIP promise. Also, I was never charged fees for this, a bit odd, but got the notes. (Wish I could pay actually as reasonable).

I can't say the notes are very informative but there are a few tidbits of importance. Mostly, though, the GCMS notes - as far as I can tell - are basically summaries of database entries. The vast majority of those entries are record-keeping - file creation, key info, status of such-and-such a database record, status changed, etc.

So, the parts I noticed:
-both PA eligibility and security checks NOT STARTED.
-more worrisome, both have 'due dates' in the system 12 months from the time when we first got notifications, or about six weeks after application delivered to Sydney. (This is the part I wish to look into).
-I have not received an AOR2 notification nor noticed any status changes (as others have reported) in ECAS, because I can't get into ECAS - BUT I see sufficient database entries labelled Warsaw to make me reasonably confident that this step is effectively done.
-Criminality and bio and medical checks all done and noted as passed/completed. These seem to have been done by inquiries to rcmp, usa and one other foreign partner, presumably just on bio data.
-There are some odd-looking (to me) date references to my spouse from before our app - possibly from TVR application - and to myself from ages ago (that I do not understand unless they opened a file / UCI on me on the basis of an invitation letter or something).

As noted, the 'not started' and 'due date' parts worry me a bit, as I would dearly like to see the file opened and actually looked at, and not so much because in a big hurry, but because I fear in particular the security background checks might take a long time.

I'm reading between the lines on bureaucracy and systems, but intuitively suspect that when there's a pile of files and some have due dates listed much earlier than others, it will just take a lot of time for ours to migrate to the top of the pile.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
So I ordered GCMS notes just about a month ago and received today, so they pretty much did keep to the 30 days ATIP promise. Also, I was never charged fees for this, a bit odd, but got the notes. (Wish I could pay actually as reasonable).

I can't say the notes are very informative but there are a few tidbits of importance. Mostly, though, the GCMS notes - as far as I can tell - are basically summaries of database entries. The vast majority of those entries are record-keeping - file creation, key info, status of such-and-such a database record, status changed, etc.

So, the parts I noticed:
-more worrisome, both have 'due dates' in the system 12 months from the time when we first got notifications, or about six weeks after application delivered to Sydney. (This is the part I wish to look into).
-I have not received an AOR2 notification nor noticed any status changes (as others have reported) in ECAS, because I can't get into ECAS - BUT I see sufficient database entries labelled Warsaw to make me reasonably confident that this step is effectively done.
-Criminality and bio and medical checks all done and noted as passed/completed. These seem to have been done by inquiries to rcmp, usa and one other foreign partner, presumably just on bio data.
-There are some odd-looking (to me) date references to my spouse from before our app - possibly from TVR application - and to myself from ages ago (that I do not understand unless they opened a file / UCI on me on the basis of an invitation letter or something).

As noted, the 'not started' and 'due date' parts worry me a bit, as I would dearly like to see the file opened and actually looked at, and not so much because in a big hurry, but because I fear in particular the security background checks might take a long time.

I'm reading between the lines on bureaucracy and systems, but intuitively suspect that when there's a pile of files and some have due dates listed much earlier than others, it will just take a lot of time for ours to migrate to the top of the pile.
thanks for the detailed review!I hope even if the process is a little long, it will be smooth!

passenger19

Feb 5, 2020
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw

So, the parts I noticed:

We ordered ours exactly 2 months ago and it said at that moment they haven’t started eligibility and security check. Criminality: “in process”. But it was before SA, MR, BR and transfer. So I hope it changed because my GCKEY’s been saying “eligibility in process” for a long time. Also I’ve just noticed that Warsaw was mentioned plenty of times even though the notes were ordered before the transfer. What type of database from Warsaw did you find there?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
We ordered ours exactly 2 months ago and it said at that moment they haven’t started eligibility and security check. Criminality: “in process”. But it was before SA, MR, BR and transfer. So I hope it changed because my GCKEY’s been saying “eligibility in process” for a long time. Also I’ve just noticed that Warsaw was mentioned plenty of times even though the notes were ordered before the transfer. What type of database from Warsaw did you find there?
I'm not sure I understand your question, but there are lots of mentions of Warsaw.

One for example is notice that paper file now in Warsaw (transferred on such and such a date, received and recorded in warsaw about ten days later). Most of the other references are assignments of responsibility/changes (i.e. Warsaw identified as primary office after several intermediary steps). Nothing too interesting, but evidence it has been received (AOR2 I guess) even though I have not received any such notification.

Belarusian

Sep 3, 2019
“eligibility in process” you have this text in gckey? :oops: or We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.