+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

Diana-Armenian

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
108
5
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow---Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
AOR Received.
24-06-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2014.. extended until 09.04.2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
request of all pages of my Passport 17-02-2015.. passport request 17.03.2015
LANDED..........
07.04.2015 .. FINALLY :))
LilYan said:
Hi Diana, can you tell me the correct address in Warsaw where you sent your documents (passport xeroxes ), we sent them to ul. Jana Matejki 1/5, 00-481, Warsaw, Poland, but after i found another address Embassy of Canada, Visa Section, ul. Piekna 2/8, 00-481, Warsaw, Poland. Now I am anxious about, as I do not know which of these addresses is correct for my case.
LilYan.. We sent passport copies through e-mail. The address is the one that u are asked for passport copies.
 

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
1,762
67
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
We got PPR today. :D

We're waiting until we get the passport back with a visa before we buy a ticket for her. I have mine already, so we'll try to get the same flights, though that's not a guarantee.
 

Lady_Ashka

Hero Member
Apr 21, 2015
594
10
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016, AOR2 24-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hi everyone! I'm a Polish citizen, living in Canada now on a work permit. My employer might not wish to extend it, so I am looking for a way to extend my stay - I live with my partner and I don;t want to leave, we also want to apply for PR later (in November, probably).

Did anyone have a similar situation? Should I apply for a visitor visa, or use a different application? I've been looking at 'Extend your stay as a temporary resident', but it says "Use this application if you are a temporary resident who is already in Canada as a visitor" - and I'm not a visitor, I'm a worker, right? So which application would you folks recommend?

And another question: what did you do when they asked for a return ticket/itinerary and you didn't have one? Did you attach any extra documents to support your application? And how did you tackle to show your bank statements if they were in Polish? did you get something from a bank saying how much your assets are in CAD, did you translate the statements with a certified translator, or did you just submit them as they were?
 

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
182
3
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
Lady_Ashka said:
Hi everyone! I'm a Polish citizen, living in Canada now on a work permit. My employer might not wish to extend it, so I am looking for a way to extend my stay - I live with my partner and I don;t want to leave, we also want to apply for PR later (in November, probably).

Did anyone have a similar situation? Should I apply for a visitor visa, or use a different application? I've been looking at 'Extend your stay as a temporary resident', but it says "Use this application if you are a temporary resident who is already in Canada as a visitor" - and I'm not a visitor, I'm a worker, right? So which application would you folks recommend?

And another question: what did you do when they asked for a return ticket/itinerary and you didn't have one? Did you attach any extra documents to support your application? And how did you tackle to show your bank statements if they were in Polish? did you get something from a bank saying how much your assets are in CAD, did you translate the statements with a certified translator, or did you just submit them as they were?
Maybe try the IEC program if you qualify...that gives you 12 months to stay in Canada and then get visitor visa's after...but apply for PR soon...it takes a long time...and don't stay in the country without status...it won't look good on your PR application.
 

Lady_Ashka

Hero Member
Apr 21, 2015
594
10
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016, AOR2 24-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Hey, thanks for that, but I don't think I qualify for IEC and I don;t want to take my chances because there are limits there, not to mention the fact that they advertise that sometime in the winter, and I will need to apply in August. So it's either 'extend your stay as a visitor or temporary resident' or 'visitor visa', for me, I think.... Do any of you Poles out there had a similar situation and chose one over the other? I know one person who went for the visitor visa. And of course, I will apply for PR soon, but I first need to stay in Canada, with my partner. We want to apply in November, I moved in in September last year, we have a lease since then, but I got my WP in November, so I don't want to take any chances. We also have a joint account (but started only in December), and shared bills and furniture shopping, but from various months later, not September.. do you think that will be a problem to prove the 12 months? Do you guys submit all bills from all 12 months? etc?
 

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
182
3
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
Lady_Ashka said:
Hey, thanks for that, but I don't think I qualify for IEC and I don;t want to take my chances because there are limits there, not to mention the fact that they advertise that sometime in the winter, and I will need to apply in August. So it's either 'extend your stay as a visitor or temporary resident' or 'visitor visa', for me, I think.... Do any of you Poles out there had a similar situation and chose one over the other? I know one person who went for the visitor visa. And of course, I will apply for PR soon, but I first need to stay in Canada, with my partner. We want to apply in November, I moved in in September last year, we have a lease since then, but I got my WP in November, so I don't want to take any chances. We also have a joint account (but started only in December), and shared bills and furniture shopping, but from various months later, not September.. do you think that will be a problem to prove the 12 months? Do you guys submit all bills from all 12 months? etc?
If you have a lease from September, I would claim September as the start date of living together and apply a few days after the 1 year mark in September. You should obviously apply Outland, and you will need letters from friends and family stating they know about your common law relationship and the length of time you have been together. The bank account is just additional proof despite it not being September.

Why do you not think you qualify for IEC? The program for Poland is not yet open for 2015...should be soon...next few weeks I think...if I'm not mistaken. Keep checking on IEC. Doing the Working Holiday is straight forward and you have as good a chance as anyone (assuming you qualify...mostly being in the correct age). At least that allows you to work while here if you want and while you wait for PR.
 

Maja83

Full Member
Feb 9, 2015
25
0
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-12-2010
Doc's Request.
28-07-2014
AOR Received.
09-12-2014
File Transfer...
09-04-2015
Med's Request
05-08-2015
Med's Done....
24-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
02-09-2015
LANDED..........
soon
Hi there,
my parents sponsorship application was approved and sent from Mississauga to Warsaw office. Does anyone know what is the time line for medical request from Warsaw office? How much longer and what is the next step? Thanx
 

Lady_Ashka

Hero Member
Apr 21, 2015
594
10
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016, AOR2 24-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
@Onemoretime - thank you very much! I assumed there would be a problem with my timeline, because I entered Canada as a visitor (got my stamp for a 6 month stay) and we signed a lease, but then I got a job, applied for a permit, went back to Poland for 2 weeks, got the permit, came back, and entered Canada as a TR with a WP in early November, I guess I assumed that would be somehow counted as the beginning, but what you're saying is logical and sounds good! :) We will definitely apply Outland (I can stay in Canada if I have legal status throughout the process, correct?). the letters will not be a problem, we've been an item for much longer than the common-law in Canada :) (he moved back to Canada two years ago). It's a relief to hear the bank account is an additional, we have a similar situation with rent (he is paying it through checks, so there are no bills for that) and with electricty bills, because Hydro only added me to the bills later, so we will not have full 12 bills for each month... We do, however, have lots of furniture that we bought together, lots of mail that we got for both of us for the same address, and lots and lots of pictures, etc :)

but, I will have a look at IEC, thanks for that! Just to clarify, though, isn't there some kind of a rule for IEC that after that year of IEC is over you have to leave Canada for 2 years or so? (I don't really know much about IEC, admittedly)
 

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
1,762
67
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Lady_Ashka said:
@ Onemoretime - thank you very much! I assumed there would be a problem with my timeline, because I entered Canada as a visitor (got my stamp for a 6 month stay) and we signed a lease, but then I got a job, applied for a permit, went back to Poland for 2 weeks, got the permit, came back, and entered Canada as a TR with a WP in early November, I guess I assumed that would be somehow counted as the beginning, but what you're saying is logical and sounds good! :) We will definitely apply Outland (I can stay in Canada if I have legal status throughout the process, correct?). the letters will not be a problem, we've been an item for much longer than the common-law in Canada :) (he moved back to Canada two years ago). It's a relief to hear the bank account is an additional, we have a similar situation with rent (he is paying it through checks, so there are no bills for that) and with electricty bills, because Hydro only added me to the bills later, so we will not have full 12 bills for each month... We do, however, have lots of furniture that we bought together, lots of mail that we got for both of us for the same address, and lots and lots of pictures, etc :)

but, I will have a look at IEC, thanks for that! Just to clarify, though, isn't there some kind of a rule for IEC that after that year of IEC is over you have to leave Canada for 2 years or so? (I don't really know much about IEC, admittedly)
If you apply outland, you can stay in Canada, provided you have legal status (visitor, IEC, student, etc). I have never heard of such a rule regarding IEC. Many people here have stayed in Canada as visitors after their IEC expired, so that should not be an issue.
 

Lady_Ashka

Hero Member
Apr 21, 2015
594
10
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016, AOR2 24-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Wonderful, thank you all very much guys! :)
 

Lady_Ashka

Hero Member
Apr 21, 2015
594
10
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016, AOR2 24-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
I wanted to as about more thing:

when applying with a Canadian citizen for sponsorship, for me (Polish), which document checklists apply to us? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp - does this mean that Part 1 and 3 are for my sponsor and me, and part 2 for me for those that apply, with 3 including this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3902e.pdf as my document checklist?

If so, what about these two checklists: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5443E.pdf and http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.pdf ? do they cover the same points? Or are we to submit all four checklists?

thanks!
 

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
1,762
67
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Lady_Ashka said:
I wanted to as about more thing:

when applying with a Canadian citizen for sponsorship, for me (Polish), which document checklists apply to us? http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/fc.asp - does this mean that Part 1 and 3 are for my sponsor and me, and part 2 for me for those that apply, with 3 including this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3902e.pdf as my document checklist?

If so, what about these two checklists: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5443E.pdf and http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/IMM5491E.pdf ? do they cover the same points? Or are we to submit all four checklists?

thanks!
IMM5443 says "In Canada", which means that's an inland form. Do not include that. You need to include the sponsor's checklist IMM5491, and the country-specific guide, which would be IMM3902 in your case.
 

Lady_Ashka

Hero Member
Apr 21, 2015
594
10
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-10-2016
AOR Received.
03-11-2016, AOR2 24-11-2016
File Transfer...
15-11-2016
Med's Done....
upfront (03-06-2016)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
24-03-2017
LANDED..........
11-04-2017
Ok, thanks!! :)
 

GMG

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
147
0
121
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow--->Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2014
Doc's Request.
11-02-2015(passport copies of all pages)
File Transfer...
25-06-2014(Moscow)->04-09-2014(Warsaw)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-02-2014,,remedical 23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-06-2015 (DM-28.05.15)
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
10-08-2015
MilesAway said:
We got PPR today. :D

We're waiting until we get the passport back with a visa before we buy a ticket for her. I have mine already, so we'll try to get the same flights, though that's not a guarantee.
Congratsss MilesAway :)
 

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
1,762
67
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Thanks!

We got her pictures taken today, so we'll bring the passport to the VAC tomorrow, then we wait. And try to decide what to do for flights. The difference in price is now about 400-500$. So we would have to spend 500 more to have her on the same flight. I'm thinking we'll fly separately, although we'd arrive at almost the same time (2 minutes apart). That 500$ could go towards a trip/honeymoon.