+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

WARSAW TIMELINE-Join here !!

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
182
3
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
Sheepdog said:
What was in the package? :D I mean, I wouldn't mind paying the courier as it is many times faster and I am traveling while my documents are in process so my address changes quite often, so I actually gave an address of my friend to be safe with any mail from CIC, while with courier I could just ask him to deliver at my present location haha

Hope Warsaw moves fast as it always had, it's just annoying to wait for stuff to happen.

Where in US your heading?
What was in the package was a waste of my money! I paid $175 to get my original application back (NOT THAT I KNEW IT) and it included 2 pages of your COPR with 3 instruction pages which you give to the border officer. Had they just sent me the COPR, it would have cost maybe $30!! Nowhere did they say I had to pay to get my original submission back (they kept an electronic copy based on my GSM notes). And because it was "thick"...good old Canada Customs decided to do a spot check on it and it was delayed one day by UPS...another headache for me even though it was declared as "papers" and no commercial value. The envelope was coming from the Canadian Embassy to Canada...very high risk I assume...better pull it aside and have a look! Oh well...just some minor venting, but I'm happy overall now that I have the COPR in my hands and finalizing my trip to the Big Apple for some well deserved RR&R (rest, relaxation, and RETURN!!) ;D :D
 

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
182
3
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
Sheepdog said:
Cheers! Yeah, as much as I read, Warsaw rocks on processing time, so if all is well I'm guessing we should look at 4 to 6 months. I see I'm a couple of weeks behind you, still waiting on SA which should hopefully come within a few days and then the fun will begin haha
So my application took a total of 7 months (2 months for SA and 5 for PR). Seeing that SA is now taking longer, I would factor in the average of 8 total from mailing date to DM.
 

mcbeth

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
91
6
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow------>Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/14
Doc's Request.
23/02/15
File Transfer...
27/02/14
Med's Request
re-do requested 25/02/15
Med's Done....
28/02/15 re-do
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
DECISION MADE! I have no idea what the decision is as they will be contacting my wife about it, not me, and it's the weekend now. This will be the longest wait yet! I can't believe it almost over, one way or another.
 

GMG

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
147
0
121
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow--->Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2014
Doc's Request.
11-02-2015(passport copies of all pages)
File Transfer...
25-06-2014(Moscow)->04-09-2014(Warsaw)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-02-2014,,remedical 23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-06-2015 (DM-28.05.15)
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
10-08-2015
mcbeth said:
DECISION MADE! I have no idea what the decision is as they will be contacting my wife about it, not me, and it's the weekend now. This will be the longest wait yet! I can't believe it almost over, one way or another.
Congrats :)
 

Sheepdog

Full Member
Mar 18, 2015
49
3
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2015
File Transfer...
23-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-11-2014
Passport Req..
11-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2015
Onemoretime said:
What was in the package was a waste of my money! I paid $175 to get my original application back (NOT THAT I KNEW IT) and it included 2 pages of your COPR with 3 instruction pages which you give to the border officer. Had they just sent me the COPR, it would have cost maybe $30!! Nowhere did they say I had to pay to get my original submission back (they kept an electronic copy based on my GSM notes). And because it was "thick"...good old Canada Customs decided to do a spot check on it and it was delayed one day by UPS...another headache for me even though it was declared as "papers" and no commercial value. The envelope was coming from the Canadian Embassy to Canada...very high risk I assume...better pull it aside and have a look! Oh well...just some minor venting, but I'm happy overall now that I have the COPR in my hands and finalizing my trip to the Big Apple for some well deserved RR&R (rest, relaxation, and RETURN!!) ;D :D
Maybe their garbage cans were full and they were like "ok, lets just send this guy the whole thing back" haha
Have you received an AOR2 or any piece of information when your app was transferred to Warsaw VO? Or your passport request was the first time you heard from them?
 

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
1,762
67
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
So I'm really struggling to figure out what to do about plane tickets. My plan was to go just after my contract ends (end of May), but we haven't heard a peep from Warsaw, so it's looking less and less likely that we'll get PPR in time for my wife to fly with me. If I delay until she gets her visa, the tickets will be out of our price range. I'm debating e-mailing Warsaw to ask, kind of "Hey, I'm trying to book tickets, and I'm wondering if it would be a complete waste of money to book tickets for my wife as well..."

I'm going to buy a return ticket, because a one-way ticket is 4 times more expensive. So...I'm not a math major, but I'm pretty sure it's better to buy the return ticket. Plus my mother-in-law's health is not great, so there's that. Although I've never actually met her, even though we live in the same city.

That was my rambling. I know I have not been waiting that long, but part of me is getting antsy about the wait, just because I don't want to be spending the summer in Canada while my better half is over here. And applying for a TRV would just be chucking money away, given the 4 previous refusals, plus one refusal for the US.
 

mcbeth

Star Member
Aug 30, 2014
91
6
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow------>Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26/02/14
Doc's Request.
23/02/15
File Transfer...
27/02/14
Med's Request
re-do requested 25/02/15
Med's Done....
28/02/15 re-do
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
24/03/2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
My wife received the passport request from the embassy today, this also means NO INTERVIEW!!!!! I'm busting right now, still in shock, but so thrilled it's almost over.

To everyone else waiting to hear from Warsaw, they do seem to act fast once they start acting, so stay patient and remain strong, I had my moments of weakness and doubt and it was pointless in the end. I know I know, easier said than done. To anyone else thinking of writing the embassy for any reason, save your time as they will take a month to reply, and the reply will be unrelated to your question. The silence is terrifying, but if you trust the system it will come through for all of us in the end.

Thanks everyone.
 

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
1,762
67
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Congrats! I saw your post on the other forum.
 

GMG

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
147
0
121
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow--->Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2014
Doc's Request.
11-02-2015(passport copies of all pages)
File Transfer...
25-06-2014(Moscow)->04-09-2014(Warsaw)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-02-2014,,remedical 23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-06-2015 (DM-28.05.15)
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
10-08-2015
mcbeth said:
My wife received the passport request from the embassy today, this also means NO INTERVIEW!!!!! I'm busting right now, still in shock, but so thrilled it's almost over.

To everyone else waiting to hear from Warsaw, they do seem to act fast once they start acting, so stay patient and remain strong, I had my moments of weakness and doubt and it was pointless in the end. I know I know, easier said than done. To anyone else thinking of writing the embassy for any reason, save your time as they will take a month to reply, and the reply will be unrelated to your question. The silence is terrifying, but if you trust the system it will come through for all of us in the end.

Thanks everyone.
WoooW,,Wonderful Mcbeth,,,I am soo happy for u and ur wife,wish u happiness,,Again congrats :D
 

Onemoretime

Star Member
Jul 30, 2014
182
3
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-08-2014
File Transfer...
08-10-2014
Med's Done....
08-08-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-01-2015
VISA ISSUED...
18-03-2015
LANDED..........
06-04-2015
Sheepdog said:
Maybe their garbage cans were full and they were like "ok, lets just send this guy the whole thing back" haha
Have you received an AOR2 or any piece of information when your app was transferred to Warsaw VO? Or your passport request was the first time you heard from them?
After submitting the application for sponsorship, we only heard back that the sponsor was approved and the application was being transferred to Warsaw (all in the same letter).

After that, the only indication was on ECAS that it showed application received and medicals received. It is important when they tie the electronic medical to your file on ECAS. That way you know Warsaw has it. After that...nothing until they asked for a photocopy of your passport and then another 2 month wait until they email you to send a courier to pick up your COPR. That's it. Others may get more or less. Very inconsistent process. ::)
 

Diana-Armenian

Star Member
Dec 20, 2014
108
5
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow---Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-05-2014
AOR Received.
24-06-2014
File Transfer...
04-09-2014
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
18-03-2014.. extended until 09.04.2015
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
request of all pages of my Passport 17-02-2015.. passport request 17.03.2015
LANDED..........
07.04.2015 .. FINALLY :))
Hi all.. just wanted to let u know that I HAVE MY PASSPORT WITH VISA in my hands.. I can't believe it.. it is over.. will be in canada on 7th.. wish u all good luck.. thanks for being here with me and encouraging me..
 

Sheepdog

Full Member
Mar 18, 2015
49
3
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-01-2015
AOR Received.
17-03-2015
File Transfer...
23-04-2015
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-11-2014
Passport Req..
11-08-2015
VISA ISSUED...
14-08-2015
Onemoretime said:
After submitting the application for sponsorship, we only heard back that the sponsor was approved and the application was being transferred to Warsaw (all in the same letter).

After that, the only indication was on ECAS that it showed application received and medicals received. It is important when they tie the electronic medical to your file on ECAS. That way you know Warsaw has it. After that...nothing until they asked for a photocopy of your passport and then another 2 month wait until they email you to send a courier to pick up your COPR. That's it. Others may get more or less. Very inconsistent process. ::)
Hm.. My ECAS shows application received and it got tied with my medicals maybe 4 days after decision on SA was announced so would that mean Warsaw already has my app? If so, then it's super fast, cause we haven't received the actual letter with SA, it only says that on ECAS that the letter was sent on 24th of March with the decision in it, but it still haven't reached us (no email, unfortunately).

I am also thinking should I be informing VO of my phone number change, as I will be traveling for a couple of months through different countries and changing my number regularly when needed.
 

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
1,762
67
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
We got a request for a copy of all the passport pages, as well as proof of the sponsor's intent to return to Canada.

I was planning on applying for jobs this week-end anyway, since I figured that last week-end would have been pointless with the Easter holidays. I bought a return plane ticket because it was much cheaper, and I bought it before hearing anything from CIC, so I had no idea if she'd have her visa by the time my return flight came.

I'll scan the passport tomorrow, and hopefully have some responses from placement agencies to include when I send the info to Warsaw.
 

GMG

Star Member
Dec 22, 2014
147
0
121
Category........
Visa Office......
Moscow--->Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2014
Doc's Request.
11-02-2015(passport copies of all pages)
File Transfer...
25-06-2014(Moscow)->04-09-2014(Warsaw)
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
03-02-2014,,remedical 23-02-2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
01-06-2015 (DM-28.05.15)
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2015
LANDED..........
10-08-2015
MilesAway said:
We got a request for a copy of all the passport pages, as well as proof of the sponsor's intent to return to Canada.

I was planning on applying for jobs this week-end anyway, since I figured that last week-end would have been pointless with the Easter holidays. I bought a return plane ticket because it was much cheaper, and I bought it before hearing anything from CIC, so I had no idea if she'd have her visa by the time my return flight came.

I'll scan the passport tomorrow, and hopefully have some responses from placement agencies to include when I send the info to Warsaw.
Congrats))),,,,Is ur wife from visa-exempt country or from visa-required??And are u PR or citizen of Canada??
 

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
1,762
67
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
I'm a Canadian citizen, living in Russia. My wife is Russian, so she will need to send her physical passport later.

I'm compiling proof of intent, which I hope to send to them by DHL tomorrow, so they'll get it either Monday or Tuesday.

What I've got so far:
-Plane tickets
-Health insurance quotes (since I've been out of Canada for a while)
-A letter from my employer stating that my contract expires at the end of next month, that I am leaving the country shortly thereafter, and that I have not signed or been offered a contract for 2015-2016.
-Currency exchange receipts, showing that I've been exchanging my rubles into Canadian dollars
-Job applications (I've applied to 8 jobs, most of them government.)

What do you think, is that good enough? I hope so, because I have no idea what else I could submit!