Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
don't know much about it. I believe there is an interview thread that probably has information and you could post there. Do you need a translator? If they have asked for documents yes they will need them. I uploaded with the case specific inquiry and sent by courier. Make sure in the interview your husband confirms they got them.

Taj23

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
July 19,2017
AOR Received.
October 20,2017
File Transfer...
October 12,2017
Med's Done....
September
Interview........
23-03-2018 but cancelled, rescheduling skype interview.
don't know much about it. I believe there is an interview thread that probably has information and you could post there. Do you need a translator? If they have asked for documents yes they will need them. I uploaded with the case specific inquiry and sent by courier. Make sure in the interview your husband confirms they got them.
I tried looking for a thread that talks about Skype interview but I found nothing. Yes we have a translator as well incase he needs that help. They did ask for documents first for the in person interview but that was cancelled now. For Skype so far not documents or anything requested. Not sure how this Skype interview will work. Kind of nervous. How are we suppose to show more proof of our relationship through video call? Hopefully they give information in advance because I have the original marriage certificate in Canada, he has the copy. I need time to send it to him if it is required.

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
What are the documents they want? The interview is to see if you have a genuine marriage. They will ask questions that a normal husband and wife should know about each other. Where you work , how long, children, money, etc. How do you deal with the language barrier as well as anything that made them want to have the interview in the first place. Long absences apart, no family at wedding or much knowledge about you two.
Are there concerns noted on your GCMS notes?

Reactions: Taj23

Taj23

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
July 19,2017
AOR Received.
October 20,2017
File Transfer...
October 12,2017
Med's Done....
September
Interview........
What are the documents they want? The interview is to see if you have a genuine marriage. They will ask questions that a normal husband and wife should know about each other. Where you work , how long, children, money, etc. How do you deal with the language barrier as well as anything that made them want to have the interview in the first place. Long absences apart, no family at wedding or much knowledge about you two.
Are there concerns noted on your GCMS notes?
I did not order NOTES so I don't really kn0w. and so far I am waiting for a schedule date for the Skype interview. They have not requested anything for the Skype interview yet. I hope the interview date is soon and hopefully the interview goes really well.

Zuky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-07-2017
Med's Request
12-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
??
I posted this in the May applications thread, but figured I'd post here as well!

I haven't been active in a while, but we just got an update on our file, and hearing about others' updates has always helped me, so I just wanted to share.

Our application was received May 1st. On March 20th we got a pre-arrival services email, and on March 21st we got PPR! DM on ECAS came on the same day, but after PPR.

The PA is in Russia, so we sent her passport to VFS in Moscow, and it arrived on Friday, March 23rd. No word from VFS yet, and they couldn't give an estimate on how long it'll take, but hopefully it won't be long! I think it depends on where you're submitting it, and there doesn't seem to be many people going through Moscow, so I guess we'll just wait and see!

I just want to add, for people waiting and those that haven't heard anything for months: it's really hard and frustrating, but you'll get there eventually!! We didn't hear from the VO at all between August and March (7 months). It's a shame that they can't communicate the work that they're doing on the file a little better.

Also, I found my MP's office to be incredibly helpful. I'm assuming all offices are different, so some may not be as helpful, but they do have the ability to contact IRCC through different channels and get a lot more information about the file (even when it's at a VO overseas) than IRCC will tell the sponsor/applicant themselves. On top of that, the lady helping me had been doing this for many years and knew what was normal and what wasn't, so she was great at answering questions and helping us worry less!

Good luck to everyone waiting! You can do it!!! :D

Last edited:

SandhuHarry

Star Member
Jan 13, 2016
Congratulations & thanks for sharing ! It’s really helpful, I’m 28th june applicant, got pre-arrival in Nov but no update after that. If you got PPR in march, so I guess I might receive by the end of April or in may..

Congratulations once again!

I posted this in the May applications thread, but figured I'd post here as well!

I haven't been active in a while, but we just got an update on our file, and hearing about others' updates has always helped me, so I just wanted to share.

QUOTE="Zuky, post: 6819944, member: 690890"]I posted this in the May applications thread, but figured I'd post here as well!

Our application was received May 1st. On March 20th we got a pre-arrival services email, and on March 21st we got PPR! DM on ECAS came on the same day, but after PPR.

The PA is in Russia, so we send her passport to VFS in Moscow, and it arrived on Friday, March 23rd. No word from VFS yet, and they couldn't give an estimate on how long it'll take, but hopefully it won't be long! I think it depends on where you're submitting it, and there doesn't seem to be many people going through Moscow, so I guess we'll just wait and see!

I just want to add, for people waiting and those that haven't heard anything for months: it's really hard and frustrating, but you'll get there eventually!! We didn't hear from the VO at all between August and March (7 months). It's a shame that they can't communicate the work that they're doing on the file a little better.

Also, I found my MP's office to be incredibly helpful. I'm assuming all offices are different, so some may not be as helpful, but they do have the ability to contact IRCC through different channels and get a lot more information about the file (even when it's at a VO overseas) than IRCC will tell the sponsor/applicant themselves. On top of that, the lady helping me had been doing this for many years and knew what was normal and what wasn't, so she was great at answering questions and helping us worry less!

Good luck to everyone waiting! You can do it!!! :D
Congra

Reactions: Taj23

Zuky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-07-2017
Med's Request
12-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
??
Congratulations & thanks for sharing ! It’s really helpful, I’m 28th june applicant, got pre-arrival in Nov but no update after that. If you got PPR in march, so I guess I might receive by the end of April or in may..

Congratulations once again!

Congra
Thank you!
Wow, that's a while ago! Seems strange that you'd go so long without hearing from them. It may be worth looking into with your mp or the notes.
Realistically, though, I think the fact that you got the pre-arrival is good news. The government is assuming you're more likely than not to get accepted, it's just a matter of when. The waiting is awful, I know, but I think the majority of cases get processed within the 9-12 month range. You're close to the end!

Taj23

Star Member
Oct 26, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw, Poland
App. Filed.......
July 19,2017
AOR Received.
October 20,2017
File Transfer...
October 12,2017
Med's Done....
September
Interview........
Hello guys, so far no update on the re-schedule for the Skype interview. Do you guys have any idea how long it will take ? I hope its soon.

Zuky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-07-2017
Med's Request
12-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
??
My wife's passport is ready for collection at VFS in Moscow!! We're basically done!!

If anyone has any questions about sponsoring a Russian citizen, I would be happy to try to help. I found that there wasn't much information about sponsoring Russians, so I'd be happy to try to fill in that gap if I can!

Good luck everyone. It's super hard, but try to forget about all this and carry on with your life as best as you can, and youll get your PPR out of the blue one day! The more you stress over it, the slower time seems to pass. All that is easier said than done, though.

Ironbird

Mar 27, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2017
AOR Received.
AOR1 Jan, 2018, AOR2 May 2018
File Transfer...
Mar 2
Med's Request
Jan 2018
Med's Done....
Feb 2018
Hey Zuky!

Congrats on the end of this long journey! I am also sponsoring my wife who is a Russian citizen. I am one too actually, but got imported to Canada at a young age lol. I've read through some of your other posts and it appears Warsaw took 6 months to process your application eh... Do you think there were aggrevating circumstances that added to the wait? Did you guys need to pass an interview? Thank you kindly in advance for your help!

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
Hey Zuky!

Congrats on the end of this long journey! I am also sponsoring my wife who is a Russian citizen. I am one too actually, but got imported to Canada at a young age lol. I've read through some of your other posts and it appears Warsaw took 6 months to process your application eh... Do you think there were aggrevating circumstances that added to the wait? Did you guys need to pass an interview? Thank you kindly in advance for your help!
It looks to me like warsaw has slowed down recently. One of the cic initiatives to speed up all applications was to spread the workload across all offices. So warsaw could now theoretically be processing applications from across the world.

Zuky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-07-2017
Med's Request
12-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
??
Hey Zuky!

Hey, I'd be happy to try to help :D

First of all, thank you! You'll get there too, eventually!

CIC got my application May 1st and we got PPR March 21st. Last summer, CIC was having issues where some people wouldn't see correspondence from them, even though they had apparently sent it and the 30 days to submit were counting down. That screwed us over a bit and added almost a month to the processing time. So really, all in all, it would have been about 10 months.

For the most part, our situation was pretty normal. I was born in Latvia, and have a Russian name, so that checks out. My wife and I are the same age, same education, etc. I had visited like 4 times before we got married, and we got married like 15 months after we first started talking. We did have a bit of an issue where a document that she submitted to CIC when she applied for a TRV turned out to be wrong (her work printed up a paper that had a wrong start date, and it also falsely implied that the job was legal, when really it was under the table work). We realized this when we had to fill out the Schedule A and provide a copy of her "work book", which she didn't have because the job wasn't legal. We were worried they A) might think we tried to misrepresent, and/or B) will now apply extra scrutiny to our other docs. In the end, I sent off a letter last August explaining everything and being 100% honest, saying all the correct information is in the Schedule A and that we weren't trying to be deceptive. They never answered, even to say they got it, but I did regular checks with my MP and she told me they did get it. Over time, we never heard anything bad, and then out of the blue got the pre-arrival letter and PPR, so I guess the "no news is good news" adage applied, ahah.

I'm not sure if that contributed or not. They may have looked extra hard at all our documents after that. But realistically, almost everyone has something that they could consider a bit of a red flag and decide to look at harder.

They didn't ask us for an interview, but from reading some posts on here, some people are getting interviews done very quickly. I saw someone that applied after us, had an interview, and still got PPR before us lol.

If you have any other questions, feel free to ask :D

Ironbird

Mar 27, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 2
Med's Request
Jan 2018
Med's Done....
Feb 2018
Hey Zuky, thanks a lot for the reply brother.

Yeah, I talked to my wife a couple of days ago and "Hey, this guy waited for 7 months before they got approved" kinda crushed her lol. But yeah, whatever happens happens and we'll wait as long as we need too. If you don't mind me asking Zuky, you said that you visited your wife 4 times only, were they lenghthy visits? I figure if you travel overseas they got to be at least a week or so right? I ve been visiting my wife twice a month for the last year and a half lol, so just wanted to gauge where I stand in that regard.

Thank you for your help Zuky, and wish you love and happiness now that you and your significant other are under one roof! :)

Zuky

Star Member
Aug 10, 2017
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
01-05-2017
AOR Received.
27-05-2017
File Transfer...
19-07-2017
Med's Request
12-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Passport Req..
21-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
20-03-2018
LANDED..........
??
Hey Zuky, thanks a lot for the reply brother.

Yeah, I talked to my wife a couple of days ago and "Hey, this guy waited for 7 months before they got approved" kinda crushed her lol. But yeah, whatever happens happens and we'll wait as long as we need too. If you don't mind me asking Zuky, you said that you visited your wife 4 times only, were they lenghthy visits? I figure if you travel overseas they got to be at least a week or so right? I ve been visiting my wife twice a month for the last year and a half lol, so just wanted to gauge where I stand in that regard.

Thank you for your help Zuky, and wish you love and happiness now that you and your significant other are under one roof! :)
Yeah, it's rough :( but the thing is, all cases are different. You may wait 3-4, or you may wait 10-12. So while it's nice to have some sense, my experience is not necessarily going to be representative of yours. I think the 9-12 month total thing is quite accurate, and you're more likely than not to fall into that timeframe! Even a month apart can be hard, though, and all the uncertainty makes it even worse.

Um, I've kind of lost track of how many times I go. I'm not a Russian citizen, so I need a visa every time, which makes it even less worth going for a short time haha. The first time I went to meet her after talking for a few months on the internet was for 2 weeks. Then 1 month, then 3 months, then a week before I had to leave on the 4th trip (3 months again) we got married. I've been back for 2-3 more 3 month trips since. I live in Canada, so I've been travelling back and forth a lot, but I can't possible imagine twice a month for a year and a half!! That can't be from Canada?! I know you don't need a visa, but the airfare isn't cheap! But that's a lot of visiting! Of course I think it depends on where you're visiting from - if you're in the same city and you visit her twice a month, that's not quite as impressive haha.

Always happy to answer any questions, so don't worry about asking!

Thank you, and I really hope yours gets processed fast! It's a really hard process, but try your best to not think about it too much and it will sneak up on you!

Ironbird

Mar 27, 2018
Ontario, Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2017
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Mar 2
Med's Request
Jan 2018
Med's Done....
Feb 2018
Yeah, it's rough :( but the thing is, all cases are different. You may wait 3-4, or you may wait 10-12. So while it's nice to have some sense, my experience is not necessarily going to be representative of yours. I think the 9-12 month total thing is quite accurate, and you're more likely than not to fall into that timeframe! Even a month apart can be hard, though, and all the uncertainty makes it even worse.

Um, I've kind of lost track of how many times I go. I'm not a Russian citizen, so I need a visa every time, which makes it even less worth going for a short time haha. The first time I went to meet her after talking for a few months on the internet was for 2 weeks. Then 1 month, then 3 months, then a week before I had to leave on the 4th trip (3 months again) we got married. I've been back for 2-3 more 3 month trips since. I live in Canada, so I've been travelling back and forth a lot, but I can't possible imagine twice a month for a year and a half!! That can't be from Canada?! I know you don't need a visa, but the airfare isn't cheap! But that's a lot of visiting! Of course I think it depends on where you're visiting from - if you're in the same city and you visit her twice a month, that's not quite as impressive haha.

Always happy to answer any questions, so don't worry about asking!

Thank you, and I really hope yours gets processed fast! It's a really hard process, but try your best to not think about it too much and it will sneak up on you!

Thanks a lot man, I really appreciate you taking your time to assist your fellow brethren! Ya, my wife is a Russian citizen but lives in the States, so I just hop on the plance, fly for 1.5 hours and swoosh, I'm at her lovely feet lol. Ya the distance and the time being apart is rough, tough, sour but manageable. And yes, I am running out of space in my Canadian passport lol. Well and I guess spousal sponsorship is a quick process compared to other ways of immigrating (when my falimily applied to migrate from Russia 20 years ago, we waited 3 years). Well, I guess I'll just keep my fingers crossed, my passport handy and cic's website in my favourites! As they say, good things take time. I hope your spouse falls in love with the True North, her new home! :)