+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Warsaw office

Shawners_198

Oct 22, 2016
Hello Everyone,

We applied for my father in law to get a visitor visa to Canada. He lives in Russia. We applied before the war happened but his visa application was sent to Warsaw office and it does not seem to be moving. Processing time on the Canadian government website is 14 days and we are over 3 months waiting. Is there anyone we can call to get it moving or some answers?

hopeful22

Jun 2, 2022
Hello , my mom's TRV has been stuck in Background Check for over 2 months now. The biometrics status was changed to "completed" two days after we submitted her biometrics. She lives in Kazakhstan and her visa was supposed to be processed in Russia. I have no idea which office her application was sent to.
@Shawners_198 , is there a way to find out which visa office?

Shawners_198

Oct 22, 2016
Hello , my mom's TRV has been stuck in Background Check for over 2 months now. The biometrics status was changed to "completed" two days after we submitted her biometrics. She lives in Kazakhstan and her visa was supposed to be processed in Russia. I have no idea which office her application was sent to.
@Shawners_198 , is there a way to find out which visa office?
I called immigration Canada and since I am the rep on the file they told me that the application was transferred to Warsaw. But getting information regarding the hold up seems impossible. Biometrics was completed in February.

hopeful22

Jun 2, 2022
Thank you. I applied through an immigration firm hoping the "legal opinion letter" they provide will add strength to the application - big mistake. I will have to ask them to find this out.

Shawners_198

Oct 22, 2016
Thank you. I applied through an immigration firm hoping the "legal opinion letter" they provide will add strength to the application - big mistake. I will have to ask them to find this out.
I hope it all works out for you. Keep me updated if you have any progress.

dockerhooman

Aug 5, 2021
Hello Everyone,

We applied for my father in law to get a visitor visa to Canada. He lives in Russia. We applied before the war happened but his visa application was sent to Warsaw office and it does not seem to be moving. Processing time on the Canadian government website is 14 days and we are over 3 months waiting. Is there anyone we can call to get it moving or some answers?
Hi! Have you got any updates?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Nothing yet. I have tried reaching out to department, called the embassy in Warsaw and no luck.
They are prioritizing processing of the CUAET visas for Ukrainians who have been displaced by the war and have been forced to leave their country. There's a huge volume of these applications and that's the reason for the delay. Unfortunately nothing you can do but wait. There's no way to expedite your FIL's application.

Shawners_198

Oct 22, 2016
They are prioritizing processing of the CUAET visas for Ukrainians who have been displaced by the war and have been forced to leave their country. There's a huge volume of these applications and that's the reason for the delay. Unfortunately nothing you can do but wait. There's no way to expedite your FIL's application.
I understand and they should be priority. Maybe I do not understand something but I find it strange that his visa application was sent to Warsaw which I assume is the busiest Canadian visa department.

Reactions: Sukhubhi

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I understand and they should be priority. Maybe I do not understand something but I find it strange that his visa application was sent to Warsaw which I assume is the busiest Canadian visa department.
From what I understand, they have been moving files out of the Moscow VO (which would have been the primary VO) due to the uncertainties caused by the war and staffing issues due to staff who have left Russia to avoid getting stuck there. So many files have been redirected to other VOs in the region. All of the VOs in the region are overloaded right now based on what I've heard.

hopeful22

Jun 2, 2022
Hello, still no update for me.
Timeline:
15 March 22 - TRV application application submitted. Applicant (my mom) lives in Kazakhstan.
22 March 22 - Biometrics done
Nothing since then.
I applied using an immigration law firm, who are a representative on file. We figured out the application was sent to Warsaw VO.
19 May - The lawyer contacted the Warsaw VO both by webform and email
09 June - got a generic reply that "verifications/background check" is in process with no indication of timeline, what's being verified, no other useful info. Generic " no further information necessary" and check your online application account for updates.

Last edited:

Success900

Star Member
Mar 7, 2022
Hello was wondering, how did you reach out to VO?
As for the embassy - did you call a generic number for Embassy of Canada in Warsaw?

I have been waiting for my passport stamping since 3 weeks not from Warsaw. I don’t understand and what’s going on there. Please is anyone going through this ?

Sukhubhi

Star Member
Jun 24, 2022
Anyone from poland applied for lmia based work permit?. My timeline is file lodge 15march 2022.still waiting

dashads

Jul 6, 2022
Hey all,

Same for me - applied for a TRV for my parents on March 2, biometrics in Moscow completed on March 13. Nothing since then.

FYI - Russian / Kazakh applications have always been processed in Warsaw, so it is not strange. But yes, I assume Warsaw is busy with CUAET now so all other applications are delayed.

I contacted them via the online form and email twice, and received generic response about "delays due to Covid".