+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

warm weather and employment

forum_talk

May 11, 2014
Hi my Friends
I was being away from this amazing website ,right now it is for a while I have live in canada.I have lived in 3 major cities in canada .my question is which of the cities in canada are best to live in warm weather.by my friend's advice I have lived in 3 different cities windsor,montreal and toronto and none of them were warm.by being warm i mean no -20 Celsius over there.i experienced -39 in windsor which by internet data was one of the warmest and frequent -20 by wind chill was there in Windsor,it was a cheap city but no jobs over there.i wonder which place is best to ask this question .to me it is also crucial to find a place which life is more affordable as well and i can apply for jobs(reasonable job market).

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Maybe you came to the wrong country given the winters. You could try going west but then again gets more expensive if you chose Vancouver.

forum_talk

May 11, 2014
i agree that most of the country is cold but how about cities around Vancouver ?since Vancouver itself is expensive ,i have got my degree in canada,is there any one who has lived in cities around vancouver or his,her friend or family are there ?

Jalex23

VIP Member
Apr 12, 2013
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-09-2013
Doc's Request.
09-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-11-2013
Med's Request
05-04-2014
Med's Done....
20-05-2014
Passport Req..
07-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
14-07-2014
LANDED..........
06-09-2014
forum_talk said:
i agree that most of the country is cold but how about cities around Vancouver ?since Vancouver itself is expensive ,i have got my degree in canada,is there any one who has lived in cities around vancouver or his,her friend or family are there ?
So you want a warm city but not to spend money... and you chose Canada where 90% of the country is cold.... hmmmm

Anyway short answer: Vancouver or surrounding areas... Victoria is another option but it is even more expensive.... and you can't go too far north, for example Kamloops is already getting cold and it is only like 150km to the north.

Options:

1. Bear the cold
2. Bear the expenses

Adediscovery

Jun 30, 2016
Hello dear member, my name is Bryant from Nigeria, I am looking for job offer in Canada, I am certified in Film and television production, any help will be helpful, here is my number +2348024533442 and my email is adedicvoery21@outlook.com thanks.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
Adediscovery said:
Hello dear member, my name is Bryant from Nigeria, I am looking for job offer in Canada, I am certified in Film and television production, any help will be helpful, here is my number +2348024533442 and my email is adedicvoery21@outlook.com thanks.
maybe post in a new thread as opposed to hijacking a thread about the weather, you may get some feedback.

AlanChapney

Apr 16, 2016
forum_talk said:
Hi my Friends
I was being away from this amazing website ,right now it is for a while I have live in canada.I have lived in 3 major cities in canada .my question is which of the cities in canada are best to live in warm weather.by my friend's advice I have lived in 3 different cities windsor,montreal and toronto and none of them were warm.by being warm i mean no -20 Celsius over there.i experienced -39 in windsor which by internet data was one of the warmest and frequent -20 by wind chill was there in Windsor,it was a cheap city but no jobs over there.i wonder which place is best to ask this question .to me it is also crucial to find a place which life is more affordable as well and i can apply for jobs(reasonable job market).
South-West of BC (Abbodsford, Vancouver) is nice and warm. You barely can see snow there, even in January.

forum_talk

May 11, 2014
Jalex23 said:
So you want a warm city but not to spend money... and you chose Canada where 90% of the country is cold.... hmmmm

Anyway short answer: Vancouver or surrounding areas... Victoria is another option but it is even more expensive.... and you can't go too far north, for example Kamloops is already getting cold and it is only like 150km to the north.

Options:

1. Bear the cold
2. Bear the expenses
hey there,i do not have that much money,the point is that i wanna pay that much to have a place but i cannot afford ,i found Kamploos cheap but you said it is already getting cold ,would be cold like the eastern canada?

forum_talk

May 11, 2014
AlanChapney said:
South-West of BC (Abbodsford, Vancouver) is nice and warm. You barely can see snow there, even in January.
thanks a lot on exerting such information ,i can rely one since you are sure about it.that is great ,i was checking weather channel online and Kamploos was warmer than Abbodsford,i a not sure how much we can rely on official websites weather report since i tried it a lot in those 3 cities and they were not accurate.for instance weather channel showed 8 degree and feels like 8 degree but it was based on my experience much colder than 8 degree.i experience 8 degree in country i was born but it is not the same.8 degree being shown in weather channel was like 3 degree .it is very nice that Abbodsford has got no snow.guys i might pack up and move to that city based just on these info,so i would appreciate your precise info .thanks Alan

forum_talk

May 11, 2014
http://kamloops.weatherstats.ca/metrics/temperature.html
this is link of Kamploos hisotircla weather and there are several instances of minus -15 to -20 i am not sure how frequent is that. since in those eastern cold cities the cold weather below 20 with wind chill is very persistent ,it might be the possible that in Kamploos cold weather resist and persist in few day of each month .not sure

Gregor.Samsa

Feb 7, 2015
Alberta
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
2016-03 (EE), TFW since 2012-04
forum_talk said:
hello guys i am still looking for help,thanks
I would dare to say first look for job in BC southern area, then decide

red988

Jul 17, 2016
Vancouver has mild winters and glorious summers, although not uncomfortably hot. Being close to the ocean significantly reduces the temperature on those muggy days. You will be in for a torrent of rain in the winter and fall.

Going further inland around Abbottsford and Chilliwack would be warmer. Calgary seems to also enjoy warmer summers than Vancouver.

ttrajan

Champion Member
Oct 14, 2013
Category........
AINP
Job Offer........
Yes
LANDED..........
15-08-2012
Vancouver, Calgary and Toronto.