+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Wanted to Apply for Citizenship of daughter along with me who is a PR staying outside Canada

amar_scorpio

Mar 11, 2017
Is that valid for Minor too, especially when they have enough time to Complete 730 days from the time they become PR. What if I bring my daughter here few days before applying, will that work?
Also, when a kid is born outside Canada to a Canadian Citizen, he gets the Canadian Citizenship, so was looking from that point, that her alos child is outside, PR Obligations are met and 1095 days are not required.

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Also, when a kid is born outside Canada to a Canadian Citizen, he gets the Canadian Citizenship, so was looking from that point, that her alos child is outside, PR Obligations are met and 1095 days are not required.
That makes no sense. A child born of a naturalized Canadian citizen (after the date of naturalization) IS a Canadian citizen from date of birth, and cannot be subject to a residency obligation at all.

A child born before the date of naturalization is not a citizen and has to apply to become a PR (and subsequently a citizen).

Different situations entirely.

amar_scorpio

Mar 11, 2017
That makes no sense. A child born of a naturalized Canadian citizen (after the date of naturalization) IS a Canadian citizen from date of birth, and cannot be subject to a residency obligation at all.

A child born before the date of naturalization is not a citizen and has to apply to become a PR (and subsequently a citizen).

Different situations entirely.
Agree, but when it doesn't say any physical presence requirement for minors if they are applying along with parent, they should e b just permanent resident. So was not sure whthere they need to here at time fo application or not. My daughter is still a permanent resident have enough time to meet PR RO obligations too, even though she is outside at time of citizenship application. I am totally confused.