+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Want to study in Canada, need some advice

CreativeSelf

Dec 5, 2019
Greetings to anyone reading this post.

Here is my story: I am an international student who studied in the USA not too long ago but I had to go back home because I was disqualified, meaning that I performed really horrible on my first 3 semesters in college, my GPA was 1.08. I had no motivation at all to study, was in a bad shape in the aspects of life.

I just got disqualified last June 2019 and took a few months to take a break from school, rethink what I want to do, fix my life so I can get back on track. And now I want to get back on track so I am trying to look for a good college/university to go to in Canada.

My academics: I graduated high school with a diploma but I only scored 2 O's in my GCSE O'Levels back in 2016. I went to college in the US for about 3 semesters before I got disqualified (explained above). English is not an issue for me, it's more like my first language since I've pretty much studied on an international school my entire life, and that's how I got into a college in the US without having to take the IELTS.

So instead of trying again to look for another place to study in the USA, I decide to try Canada because financially it would be smarter for me since my expenses in the US is 2x higher than what I would pay for if I were to study in Canada.

I am looking for schools/universities that are in either Vancouver or Toronto, I prefer living by the city since I just can't stand the slow pace of the suburban lifestyle.

School expenses don't really matter much to me since I am financially stable, I'm self-employed and I generate my own income via online businesses, etc.. but the only thing that matters to me is, do I have a shot at studying in Canada despite my grades?

Thanks in advance, I await any response.

EDIT: I would also like to mention that I am from the Philippines but at a young age I moved to Brunei and stayed there for 13 years until I graduated high school.

Last edited:

bongoman

VIP Member
Dec 3, 2014
School usually have admission requirements on their website so start there but I sugggest you try your luck with some colleges anyway, they are a business and international students are good business. Choose a public college always.

If you get admitted you will still need to qualify for a study permit and explain why the study program makes sense and convince the visa offficer that you have strong ties to your nationality country & why you will be coming back after graduation.

Check the paper based application for your country even if applying online, all requirements about IELTS etc will be spelled out there.

If you stayed illegally in US after dropping out you must mention this in application form otherwise you will get banned.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You will have to convince the visa officer that you will successful in your studies this time to get approved for a permit.

Aishwarya KM

Dec 6, 2019
Hi everyone.

I am currently pursuing my last semester in Electronics and Communication engineering with an overall CGPA of 8.6. I would like to do MS in Telecommunication after this. It will be very helpful if you could suggest me some good universities offering this course in Canada and how to proceed further.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone.

I am currently pursuing my last semester in Electronics and Communication engineering with an overall CGPA of 8.6. I would like to do MS in Telecommunication after this. It will be very helpful if you could suggest me some good universities offering this course in Canada and how to proceed further.

Please look at the various programs you may be interested in and then we can comment on the better schools. If you don’t want to do the research pay a consultants. There aren’t a huge volume of schools offering this type of masters course so just do your own research.